HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Lost my DirectTv
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Lost my DirectTv
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 18, 2012 04:43AM

So I just moved to a house on a nice tree lined street, but those trees block my view of the sky so I can't have direct tv, and therefore no sunday ticket. I've had the nfl package since before the internet was as big as it is now. I know you can watch games online at various websites, and frankly I am more than happy to pay to watch the games if the quality on the internet is good. What do you all with no Sunday ticket who live out of market do to watch games? I really don't want to relive the early 2000s and try to hunt around for a local bar who will show the game (trust me, nowhere is going to show the dolphins/bills on anything but the smallest screen way in the corner).
Suggestions? I don't have a PS3 btw, so can't watch sunday ticket on that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lost my DirectTv
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: December 18, 2012 04:55AM

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: December 18, 2012 05:28AM

Hang the dish on a tree. It worked for me!

Date: December 18, 2012 05:31AM

That's what I was thinking. As long as it doesn't move too much.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: December 18, 2012 05:36AM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's what I was thinking. As long as it doesn't
> move too much.

It's never been an issue for me. Only time I ever have reception issues is in bad weather.

Date: December 18, 2012 06:24AM

Thanks guys. Hanging from a tree isn't an option, much as I love my Sunday Ticket. I called DTV re the internet options. A-holes told me that I'd need to pay the full season ($250) price to watch the last 2 games of the year (no proration), this despite the fact that I already paid for a full year of sunday ticket (which they will not refund pro rata) and had to cancel my DTV b/c they could not hook me up at my new place. I will call them back when I have more time to try to get these last 2 games.

Eetsi and anyone else who has watch Ticket on internet, how is the quality? Is it like watching HD or is there pixelation, crappy pic, slowness, etc? I have a reasonably fast internet connection (upside of the move is now at least I have FiOs).

Date: December 18, 2012 06:49AM

I tried watching it on my phone and online. The picture quality was good but it did shut down after watching it for awhile. There is also the streaming issue (freezing) with a poor connection. I use clear wireless with just a USB portable device and sometimes don't get the best signal inside my old house but I'm not sure that was the issue.

I believe if you have the TV service, it is already included for the online Directv anywhere program. Too bad you had your service shut off. At the minimum you could pay for minimum package and still have the NFL ticket.

That sucks. I don't think I'll ever move anywhere again where I can't get DTV to work. It is among my "must haves" for a place. I went a year without it when I moved into a beach condo and hated having to go to the bar to watch it where everyone is Bucs fans.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: December 18, 2012 08:38AM

i hook my computer to my tv via hdmi and it's pretty good. it does freeze up from time to time though.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: December 18, 2012 08:38AM

for next season you can get sunday ticket through an xbox or ps3 i believe.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 18, 2012 08:48AM

berk, I also have DirecTV and but for the Dolphin games, I would not have it. Luckily, I don't have the reception problems you do. But you are right that they are a holes.

It's really funny too. Both you and I as attorneys know that the NFL, like MLB and NBA are granted monopolies by Congress that prevent them from being sued for monopolistic policies. My question is how then can a company that is being granted a monopoly TURN AROUND AND grant a monopoly themselves.

If we had politicians that were not paid off by campaign contributions, they would demand that the NFL provide its games to multiple outlets, DirecTV, Dish, etc and not just DirecTV.

That is why they are so nasty and it is incredible that you already signed up and they demand an entire full fee when only two games remain.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: December 19, 2012 05:16AM

If you can't see the sky that must be one dark place.

Date: December 19, 2012 11:44AM

I can see the sky, but apparently the dish can't. you need a southern exposure and I've got this uncuttable 200 year old tree blocking mine

Date: December 19, 2012 12:32PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can see the sky, but apparently the dish can't.
> you need a southern exposure and I've got this
> uncuttable 200 year old tree blocking mine

my neighbor had that problem.

he ended up mounting the dish on a pole about 100 feet from his house (down by the lake front). Then ran the cable underground.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.