HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Tanny puts up a His 123.2 passer rating
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Tanny puts up a His 123.2 passer rating
Date: December 16, 2012 03:18PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tanny puts up a His 123.2 passer rating
Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: December 16, 2012 04:05PM

Your posts seem a lot more about me than they are about Tannehill.

You are obsessed with me.

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins. Always Perfect.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 16, 2012 04:35PM

Actually, DolfanKing was giving Tanny credit for a good game. I was surprised as anyone to read it.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 16, 2012 04:37PM

I almost had a heart attack.

Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: December 16, 2012 04:41PM

And I also praised Tannehill the last time he had a good game - I think it was Seattle.

The problem here is that he has more bad games than good games.

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins. Always Perfect.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 16, 2012 04:55PM

Date: December 16, 2012 08:44PM

Guess when 25 people tell you that you have to.......You have to. winking smiley

OK. I'm on board. As long as he's a Dolphin fan again. Not obsessed with you Queen, just sick of your shit. I've seen the darkest ages of the dolphins these past 10-12 yrs. We are coming out of it with best QB prospect since #13 and i will be damned if you do not at least extend the kid just a little courtesy in his Rookie season.

Its just the begining . I watched him today and am convinced he was still hurt a bit from that Jets game. He's back to rolling out , and his runs were great fun to watch. With some better Targets and an offseason working on accuracy just a bit , he can be a true double threat.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: December 17, 2012 02:43AM

Treasure not to be a spoil sport, but Jacksonville is probably the worst team in the NFL... To me it doesn't mean much, it is the same as the college scout. Against weak teams RT pads his number while against better competition he is not very good.. While it is good he wasn't bad against a team like the Jags, it doesn't tell me very much either... Most of the NFL teams we face now and in the future will not resemble what the jags looked like this year.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 17, 2012 03:41AM

We are seeing the revamped version of DK.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: December 17, 2012 04:17AM

Tannehill played really well for a half against a horrible football team. Not going to get too excited about this one.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 17, 2012 04:44AM

We should allow ourselves to get excited about any improvement. Those roll-outs that Tanny was connecting on can work against even the best teams. Maybe the coaches will now concentrate on what the personel do well for the final two games. Again, I noticed only two audibles from Tanny.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 17, 2012 05:52AM

The high passer rating received for the game against the JAGS really means very little in the big scheme of things. It's better of course that Tannehill played well, but it was against a very poor team. That success has to be kept in perspective. When RT is completing passes, scoring TD with his passing, and making positive things happen against winning teams, that's something to consider more closely.

Now that he's played NE, what will he do differently to show he's improving? That will be a good test, IMO.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: December 17, 2012 06:09AM

You do realize there are 11 people on an offense right? Tannehill was thrwoing strikes yesterday in very tight windows. WR's had no separation almost all day. Especially in the first half.

You people have QB on the brain. Everyone has to do their job. When they ALL do, we will beat NE and Hou and teams of the like. That was also Reggies first 100 yard game since week 2. If not for the one 53 yard run our running game would have been crap again....against that crappy team.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2012 06:10AM by eesti.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: December 17, 2012 06:20AM

Happy Happy for a WIN and an improvement in stats from Tannehill. Didn't get to see the game as I was out of town. Had to watch the cursed Red Zone as they fixated on 30 pt blowouts that were already on network TV ARGGGG!!! Only saw the scoring plays. The last TD especial could have been thrown to either of two wide open guys. Jacksonvlle must REALLY suck lol!

How was the passing game overall? Tannehills accuracy?? Did we throw downfield? The stats look like he moved around a bit that's good. I'll rewatch the game at lunch.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: December 17, 2012 06:58AM

KB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Happy Happy for a WIN and an improvement in stats
> from Tannehill. Didn't get to see the game as I
> was out of town. Had to watch the cursed Red Zone
> as they fixated on 30 pt blowouts that were
> already on network TV ARGGGG!!! Only saw the
> scoring plays. The last TD especial could have
> been thrown to either of two wide open guys.
> Jacksonvlle must REALLY suck lol!
>
> How was the passing game overall? Tannehills
> accuracy?? Did we throw downfield? The stats look
> like he moved around a bit that's good. I'll
> rewatch the game at lunch.

He had a good game KB. But it was against Jacksonville. It would have been a bigger story if he'd played poorly.

He missed a big play on the fist drive to keep it alive. Perfect throw and it might have gone for a TD. That said, the ball still could have been caught and probably would have been by bess or hartline.

He settled in in the 2nd quarter. Completed 11 in a row at one point. Two TD's no picks. Close to 80% completions. Had another TD dropped by thigpen.

He also had 52 yards rushing.

He played well. Needs to carry that momentum into next week.

Date: December 17, 2012 07:40AM

He also had a TD dropped by Hartline.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 17, 2012 09:05AM

I'm excited that the playcalling actually seemed pretty good after about the first quarter and allowed him to do some stuff that really worked.

And, after a couple of early misfires, RT was very accurate for the remainder of the game. Hartline should have caught the endzone pass for a TD, though it was a bullet.

But, the Jags looked like they almost stopped trying in some ways. The 2nd TD pass is a prime example - two TEs wide open in basically the same area...just doesn't happen when you play a good team.

I'm happy he had success, but I would have been more disappointed in a 60 QBR than I am happy about a 120 QBR against the Jags the way this game played out.

Date: December 17, 2012 09:08AM

yeah I know it was just the Jags. But They beat the Titans just two weeks ago and the Jets barely finished them off. Tanny threw with ease and ran against them. It was great to see what he was really capable of.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: December 17, 2012 10:05AM

True, the Fins beat the Jags (ho hum) and not in a dominating fashion, either.

Granted, the Jags are one of the worst, if not the worst, teams in the NFL.

Sure, the majority of NFL QBs have put up big numbers against them. This thread said what Tanney did -- 123.2 passer rating.

People here say, "Big deal. Everybody does that." Well, according to an article I read this AM, RT's rating is the highest put up against Jax this season. To me, that alone says something. Also, some posters here have said RT was a wasted #8 pick. If that is the case, his numbers shouldn't be that high.

Just as a reminder, RT hasn't thrown an int in his last three games.

I'd say he is doing pretty well with what he has. Hopefully, Ireland will get him some weapons next year, then we can see what RT is really made of.

Date: December 17, 2012 10:08AM

good point captkoi.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: December 17, 2012 10:15AM

Just watched my DVR of the game. Well, the first qtr was certainly nothing for the highlight reels on either side but the second qtr was the best qtr I've seen Tanne play since that big Cards game. Most of the second half, as tsstamper said, looked like the Jags had pretty much laid down.

Oh well, I'll take it. Now if Tannehill can repeat those stats against the Bills and Pats he will have a major confidence builder going into the off season.

Date: December 17, 2012 10:16AM

Excellent Points Cap! And thats what I mean at looking at the glass half Full. Tanny's upside is Just HUGE. Those that keep hawking on the bad just confuse me. Especially after what we have been given the last 12 yrs behind center. This Kid is showing such Potential . smileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 17, 2012 10:50PM

Do I have to bring my signature back DB?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 18, 2012 02:52PM

I guess some other people around the NFL weren't as unimpressed as some Dolphin fans. Tannehill nominated for rookie of the week. Probably won't win it though.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: December 19, 2012 05:13AM

Some of you must not watch much football or any highlights. Often NFL QB's hit their WR in stride and often make throws with the DB draped all over the WR's.

Just because Tannehill does not, does not mean it is impossible.

Date: December 19, 2012 05:19AM

Yes. They are called veteran franchise QB's.

Date: December 19, 2012 07:45AM

dolphin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Some of you must not watch much football or any
> highlights. Often NFL QB's hit their WR in stride
> and often make throws with the DB draped all over
> the WR's.
>
> Just because Tannehill does not, does not mean it
> is impossible.

Those NFL qbs that hit receivers in stride also have great receivers.......................Tannehill doesnt have anybody to help him out.

UNless you call fasano hartline and bess great speedy receivers.

Date: December 19, 2012 08:10AM

And Most of those veteran Franchise QB's have Lineman that actually block and recivers who don't drop the balls.

Give the kid a break. he is on the way..........Lets see if Philbin.Irelend deliver on their end.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.