HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Pathetic
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pathetic
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: December 16, 2012 09:38AM

That was one of the sloppiest halves of football I have seen in 45 years of watching pro football. not in terms of turnovers, but in terms of poor play. Both teams should be ashamed. Also, what's going on with the injuries? For the first time this year, this team doesn't look ready to play.
Not a game the '72 team will be impressed with, even if we eventually win by 50.

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pathetic
Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: December 16, 2012 11:37AM

I'd have been more upset if it were week 8. We've got two teams that are effectively out of it, clearly just going through the motions.

I will say this, aside from that fumble, Ryan Tannehill finally put together a decent game. Although it was against a poor defense that had no fire, this may be a game he can build upon. Not only did he have some nice passes between the 20s, but I particularly got to tip my cap to Tannehill for his red zone play. Red Zone was an area where he has struggled all season. Two nice passing TDs inside the ten and that two point conversion.

Tannehill has nothing to be ashamed about today.

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins. Always Perfect.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 16, 2012 11:42AM

Yes, but Tannehill did not do it alone, just like he did not lose all those other games alone.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 16, 2012 12:03PM

Throw and catch! What a concept. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: December 16, 2012 12:37PM

Unheard of.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: December 16, 2012 01:15PM

The second half and first half Tannehill and the offense seemed completely different.. Problem is you can't win playing one half football although second half football is normally better then first... One of Rt knocks coming out of college was exactly that... One half football, so you gotta hope that the one excellent half can compensate for the other lackluster half...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: December 17, 2012 04:34AM

PLAY ACTION.....I've been saying all year that is the easiest way to score inside the 10 yard line. FINALLY they listened to me.

Date: December 17, 2012 08:55AM

dolphin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> PLAY ACTION.....I've been saying all year that is
> the easiest way to score inside the 10 yard line.
> FINALLY they listened to me.

Absolutely! Particularly on 2nd down and goal. We are too easy. It is obvious what we plan to do. Even though we have an excellent "roll out" QB who is a threat to run or pass.

But there are people on this board who regard Philbin as a Saint who can do no wrong.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 17, 2012 10:15AM

chrenB....But there are people on this board who regard Philbin as a Saint who can do no wrong.

and there are people on this board who think they can do better than him if they were in his place.

With those people we would probably not even won a single game this year.

If those people cant even get people on a message board to take them seriously, how in the world are they going to get 53 NFL players to look up to them in any way or believe in them or take them seriously.

0-16 and the laughing stock of the NFL.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: December 17, 2012 10:21AM

I don't know guys.

I don't recall anyone here saying Philbin is a saint and can do no wrong.

He is a first year head coach who is doing his best, and he is also learning as he goes.

He has a good coaching staff around him and after this season can sit down and not only look at the players, but also themselves.

Philbin doesn't seem, to me, like a guy who gets shaken very easily. I don't think his mistakes this year will carry over to next year.

Next year we will see if Philbin was the right selection.

Date: December 17, 2012 11:16AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
>
>
> If those people cant even get people on a message
> board to take them seriously, how in the world are
> they going to get 53 NFL players to look up to
> them in any way or believe in them or take them
> seriously.
>

RESPONSE: And you are certainly the expert on not being taken seriously,
SamSam, a person who starts a thread saying two things and during the course of the thread agreeing that he is wrong on both of them.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 17, 2012 11:20AM

o00K.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: December 17, 2012 05:52PM

Rusell Wilson had a day

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 17, 2012 06:51PM

lol This thread title should be dedicated to the Jets. Anyone see Dirty Sanchez tonight? 4 picks and last but not least, a fumbled shotgun snap which killed their chances at the end of the game. I'm wishing we were playing them instead of the Pats for the final game.

Date: December 17, 2012 06:59PM

I've never seen a Team melt down this bad. Everyone was walking past Sanchez hitting him in the Pads and not speaking to him. He has lost that Team. They are done.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: December 17, 2012 07:46PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> dolphin Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > PLAY ACTION.....I've been saying all year that
> is
> > the easiest way to score inside the 10 yard
> line.
> > FINALLY they listened to me.
>
>
> Absolutely! Particularly on 2nd down and goal.
> We are too easy. It is obvious what we plan to
> do. Even though we have an excellent "roll out"
> QB who is a threat to run or pass.
>
> But there are people on this board who regard
> Philbin as a Saint who can do no wrong.

We've been running play action at the goal line all season. Problem is, the QB hasn't been are target. He was on target yesterday, that was improvement.

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins. Always Perfect.

Date: December 18, 2012 10:16AM

DolfanKing Wrote:
>
>
> We've been running play action at the goal line
> all season. Problem is, the QB hasn't been are
> target. He was on target yesterday, that was
> improvement.

DUH. Thats what Rookies do . They improve. Especially ones with only 14 starts in college. Glad you are finally seeing what Tannihill can be. You are improving as well, but at a much slower pace.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: December 18, 2012 10:26AM

LOL...

I want to see more play action from Tannehill/Sherman. He seems to do much better with that than shotgun. Plus it keeps the defenses of balance and guessing as opposed to shotgun single back or no back.

He is pretty good at the fake so why not use it? I don't understand why we are running shotgun on short yardage and early downs. Why not just tell the defense we are throwing the ball? Very rarely do we run the draw from single back shotgun and it is only effective on a small percentage of those plays.

Come on man!

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: December 18, 2012 10:41AM

Play action rarely works when you can't run the ball. Earlier in the year we were gashing defenses on the ground. After a month of that our running game de-evolved into one of the worst in the league.

One place where it's worked for us is inside the 10. All year long we've tried to run on 1st and 2nd down inside the 10 with mixed success. I think that reputation helped this week even if our running game didnt scare anyone, it was reasonable of them to expect us to run and to focus on stopping that when we were in the red zone.

I hope buffalo is reading from the same gameplan Jacksonville was next week.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2012 01:48PM by THE Truth.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: December 18, 2012 11:17AM

I just wish we could set up a screen with Bush. He should be KILLER in that role. Guess the old 'Project Big' linemen are just to slow (exception given to Pouncey).

Date: December 18, 2012 11:26AM

All good points. But this is where Philbin and Irlend need to come in . Thats why this first year of play for Tanny was so valuable. People like Dolphfanqueen would rather Moore have started so we have a better record and then lose in the playoffs. Great. We did that the entire 1980's and early 90's.

40 Fing years without a Lombardi Trophy and he wants to just get to the playoffs. Thats great DB. eye rolling smiley

NO. We played the kid and see what his strentghs and weakness are. Like essti says, he's not that comfortable out of the shotgun and playing in the pocket. He loves to roll out , he's great at play action. He is a great athelte. Thats what Philbin & Irlend got out of this season. Now they have to get him some support. Tight ends that can block, a powerback and a bonifide deep threat reciever.

Sanchez is not that bad a QB. Look what they did to him. Henne never got the coaching or the support he needed either. This time we acyually have a kid with some serious potential. F the playoffs.
if it would be nice , but I'm looking at the big picture. I held that Lomardi Trophy from 1972. I want to see one in 2015, or better yet, the 50th anniversary of the NFL, the Dolphins, and my 50th birthday, in 2016!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 20, 2012 04:39AM

Date: December 29, 2012 07:56AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.