HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          2 TD's from our top 2 WR. Last in the league easily
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
2 TD's from our top 2 WR. Last in the league easily
Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: December 05, 2012 03:37PM

The whole theme of hardknocks was our lack of WR's. EVERYONE who follows the dolphins knew we needed WR's. Yet, we didn't address the issue. Besides drafting a couple of scrubs in the 6th and cutting them. Why can't Ireland and company see OBVIOUS issues with our team. We could have got a nice WR in the spot we drafted that pussy TE from Missouri. Fasano is actually a decent TE; we have no decent WR's. I'm holding judgement on Tanny until he has a year with real WR's. Granted, Hartline could have 3 right now if Tanny hits those passes to him against NE. However, I don't remember other occasions this season where Tanny has missed WR's who were wide open for 6.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2 TD's from our top 2 WR. Last in the league easily
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: December 05, 2012 03:46PM

Need to go after Wallace or Bowe, but who knows if they would be interested in a project team & QB

need to get 2 fast deep threat WR one a quick slot to stretch the field

Clay could work as a TE, but JAred Cook would be a nice addition

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: December 05, 2012 03:55PM

ChambersDeepBall Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The whole theme of hardknocks was our lack of
> WR's. EVERYONE who follows the dolphins knew we
> needed WR's. Yet, we didn't address the issue.
> Besides drafting a couple of scrubs in the 6th and
> cutting them. Why can't Ireland and company see
> OBVIOUS issues with our team. We could have got a
> nice WR in the spot we drafted that pussy TE from
> Missouri. Fasano is actually a decent TE; we have
> no decent WR's. I'm holding judgement on Tanny
> until he has a year with real WR's. Granted,
> Hartline could have 3 right now if Tanny hits
> those passes to him against NE. However, I don't
> remember other occasions this season where Tanny
> has missed WR's who were wide open for 6.

I feel your frustration but the simple truth is that you cannot address every need in one off season, especially when you are making major philosophical changes on BOTH offense and defense.

You are really lucky if you can get that done in two off-seasons. It usually takes three.

The problem for us was we didn't have a tone of cap room this past off-season so we weren't viable options for the elite WR's on the market like Vincent Jackson.

The one guy we are interested in, who seemed a good fit for the west coast offense was Laurent Robinson. But he signed with Jax before he ever made his visit here.

Once the draft rolled around we weren't taking a WR over aTannehill in round #1.

We could have taken Ruben Randle in round #2 but Johnathan Martin fell to us in round #2 which may turn out to be quite a break with the way the Jake Long saga is playing out. In round 3 they went for needs at TE and OLB/DE.

Egnew may or may not turn out to be a good pick, but if you are basing your assessment on Hard Knocks then you learned nothing watching that program.

So they took a shot on a few other WR's in the 6th/7th rounds in a deep WR draft. One got cut. One is getting playing time (matthews).

I understand the need to vent about the WR situation but they take time to develop.

Even if we'd taken one high in the draft the likelyhood is we'd all be complaining about him not producing enough.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 05, 2012 03:58PM

ChambersDeepBall Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The whole theme of hardknocks was our lack of
> WR's. EVERYONE who follows the dolphins knew we
> needed WR's. Yet, we didn't address the issue.
> Besides drafting a couple of scrubs in the 6th and
> cutting them. Why can't Ireland and company see
> OBVIOUS issues with our team.

Yeah, but the reason they can't see is that they were laying every problem at the feet of the past quarterbacks.

Pennington fit best because he threw a soft ball but his ability to throw decreased with distance. They of course thought the problem was quarterback.

Then came Henne. When he threw passes, it bounced off the hands of receivers. They deemed he lacked touch. Again, they thought the problem was quarterback.

Then Moore subbed in when Henne was hurt. Again, when Brandon Marshall started complaining about him, they again thought the problem was quarterback.

They then draft Tannehill and FINALLY I believe, since he is their baby and they own him and FINALLY they will get it through their thick heads that they need to draft receivers who can CATCH THE BALL.

Date: December 06, 2012 06:54AM

I agree Egnew is looking like a bust. Can't believe everything you see on Hard Knocks though. Martin is looking like a great pick up though in the second round. And Lamar miller has Pontenial. Like the Truth said, you can't win them all.

Next year we have 6 in the first 90 picks. We have our starting QB after a long search. I'm confident after a year of seeing what makes him tick we will get some players to compliment him this off season. With Reggie Bush gone and Jake Long that should also open up some well needed cap space as well for Free agents.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: December 06, 2012 08:46AM

Once again...One year is too soon to tell if Egnew is a bust. He is raw.

Jared Cook (drafted 3-25) had 9 receptions his first year. His 2nd year he had 360 yards, 3rd year he had 760/5 td's.

You just never know. It is the WCO. Not exactly an easy task for a kid from Missouri.

Not everyone contributes in their rookie year. Could be, he just needs some confidence in what he's doing.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: December 06, 2012 08:48AM

I am not thrilled with Bowe. He has been blamed for several int's this year for running wrong routes as well as drops. Not what a young QB needs.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.