HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Remainder of the season
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Remainder of the season
Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: December 04, 2012 08:58AM

The Dolphins, Jests, and Buffalo are all 5-7. We have probable losses against San Fran and NE. Potential wins against Jags and Bills.

Bills plays St. Louis, Seattle, Mia, Jets. Jets play Jags, titans, Chargers, Bills.

Does anyone know the tiebreaker if the Phins, Jests, and Bills all finish with the same record?

If its all the same, I'd rather the Dolphins have a 4th place schedule next year rather than a 2nd place schedule.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Remainder of the season
Date: December 04, 2012 09:35AM

We beat the Jets bad last time. The other was in OT. I think we get that Time Breaker. We need to beat the Bills this time around convincingly.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 04, 2012 09:45AM

We already beat up on the jets ..And they werent the same after that...thats my season right there.

We can lose every game left and i wouldnt care.

Im going to root for them every week though.

But i will not take it that hard if we lose since we are practically out of the playoffs.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 04, 2012 06:54PM

But be careful. The rules for getting in the playoffs are different than the rules for picking ahead in the draft.

I remember that last year, we had the same record as a team either that we beat or that beat us but the team that won the game had to pick after the other team.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: December 05, 2012 07:25AM

We lost to the Bills, but I don't think we'll lose to them next time.

We have a really slim chance of it even mattering because two teams that are in the wild card spots are up two games on us now.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: December 05, 2012 07:46AM

I will be rooting for us to win each game.....

but...

I would be giving playing time to rookies, and guys we might sign but don't have enough info on.

I would activate Egnew and get him some game time so when training camp comes next year he has tasted NFL regular season conditions.

If someone is not in the plans to be a Phin next year...? why keep him on the field the same amount of time?

The only factor is QB protection. Don't rely on Egnew or Lamar Miller as pass blockers, use a different scheme, but get them on the field.

Date: December 05, 2012 07:46AM

I will be rooting for us to win each game.....

but...

I would be giving playing time to rookies, and guys we might sign but don't have enough info on.

I would activate Egnew and get him some game time so when training camp comes next year he has tasted NFL regular season conditions.

If someone is not in the plans to be a Phin next year...? why keep him on the field the same amount of time?

The only factor is QB protection. Don't rely on Egnew or Lamar Miller as pass blockers, use a different scheme, but get them on the field.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: December 05, 2012 07:59AM

realist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I will be rooting for us to win each game.....
>
> but...
>
> I would be giving playing time to rookies, and
> guys we might sign but don't have enough info on.
>
> I would activate Egnew and get him some game time
> so when training camp comes next year he has
> tasted NFL regular season conditions.
>
> If someone is not in the plans to be a Phin next
> year...? why keep him on the field the same amount
> of time?
>
> The only factor is QB protection. Don't rely on
> Egnew or Lamar Miller as pass blockers, use a
> different scheme, but get them on the field.

Some writer made mention last week that the reason Egnew is inactive is he doesn't help on special teams. They say he's improved on offense but not enough to start so the don't keep him active over reserves who do play a role on special teams.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: December 05, 2012 08:06AM

Strength of schedule for the previous season is the first tie-breaker for teams with the same winning percentage. The team with the lowest strength of schedule percentage wins the tiebreaker and picks ahead of all other teams with the same record.

Divisional and conference records are the next step in the tie-breaking procedure.

As a last resort, a coin toss is used to determine the order of selection for teams with the same winning percentage.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 05, 2012 08:29AM

That sounds like it eesti. That's why we picked ahead of that other team. Strength of schedule. At the time when I realized it, I said it didn't make sense because Head to head should be the test with the loser picking first.

But I guess in the NFL's wacky way, like that "if you throw a review flag on an automatically reviewable play it will become unreviewable," it makes sense to the rule-makers of the NFL.

I can see it if the teams don't play each other but if they play each other, that should be the test of the best team unless there is a third or more team with the same record.

Date: December 06, 2012 04:33AM

I totally understand doing that while there is a point to the season.

At this point....the only point to this last 4 games? Develop and Evaluate for next year.

I am sure they can afford to activate him despite his non-ST status. It might strain things a little, but IMO...getting the kid in the game during regular season is crucial for his development. They sent the message in camp...they sent the message all season....now give him a taste of full speed NFL play...see what he can do...whet his appetite and desire for more.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 06, 2012 05:04AM

realist wrote: At this point....the only point to this last 4 games? Develop and Evaluate for next year.

Exactly right!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 06, 2012 08:22AM

Agreed...Egnew should be playing from here on out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.