HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          This place cracks me up...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
This place cracks me up...
Posted by: ncfishfan ()
Date: January 29, 2015 06:17AM

I can't believe the number of peeps who have over-analyzed my use of "Failbum"!

It's really no big deal! I am a die hard fan and hate our coach! Nothing more, nothing less...much of what I post is relevant and ties back to his poor decision making.

all this stuff about trolling or wanting reactions is hilarious and much-a-do about nothing...like deflate-gate!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This place cracks me up...
Posted by: thegreathoo ()
Date: January 29, 2015 06:59AM

Philbin got you the QB. He got you the offense that produced a 93-rating passer and #2 rushing attack in the NFL. The only reason the Dolphins have a prayer after a decade+ of disasters is Philbin.
It's time to start respecting the man, instead of mouthing off like a fool.

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: January 29, 2015 07:50AM

You mean sort of like your calling for the firing of Philbin is "much ado about nothing"? That decision was made 5 weeks ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2015 08:56AM by JoeFootball.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 29, 2015 08:59AM

Deflate gate nothing? Cheating, abusing the rules and lying about it is hardly much ado about nothing.

I hope the NFL slams them, lousy cheaters that they are.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 29, 2015 09:58AM

You know the greathoo, the best that Tannehill has been rated (and the stat geeks will correct me) is about the 10th best QB. That is far from Unitas, Marino or Griese territory (Hall of Fame), moreover it is also far from Brady, Rodgers, Luck, Russell White level. He is average.

So if you look at that as a feather in Philbin's hat, you're overcompensating.

I DEFINITELY THINK THAT QUARTERBACK IS NOT a need on this team but let's not get carried away.

Moreover, it was really Ireland who was more responsible for getting Tanny than Philbin although there was a Green Bay Texas A & M Sherman connection meaning that Philbin might have lobbied for him.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 29, 2015 04:12PM

thegreathoo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Philbin got you the QB. He got you the offense
> that produced a 93-rating passer and #2 rushing
> attack in the NFL. The only reason the Dolphins
> have a prayer after a decade+ of disasters is
> Philbin.
> It's time to start respecting the man, instead of
> mouthing off like a fool.

Actually, Ireland got the QB. And he didn't actually improve until Lazor was the OC, and that never would have happened if "Failbum" got his way and was forced to dump the horrible Mike "Go Go" Sherman.
Philbin gets no credit in my mind.

Date: January 29, 2015 04:31PM

Actually Philbin got the QB. The only reason Dolphins drafted Tannehill is because they were looking for WCO QB in the mold of Rodgers, and Philbin got Mike Sherman who was his coach. Ireland? smh at people thinking Ireland had anything to do with that.

Ireland was on his last legs. Ross and Mike Dee wanted a fun sucessful system, they were asking for it for years and weren't getting it. They went and got Philbin to install WCO. The first order of business was a WCO coordinator and QB, and PHilbin got that done. That whole draft in 2012 is a Philbin draft. Not only did we get the QB, but we got two guys from the UM, MIller and Vernon, something that would've never happened with Ireland. That was an athletic GB approach to draft. Ireland had nothing to do with that.

NExt year, Ireland ateempted to regain control of the roster and the building, and things got sour. 2013 was Ireland's last hurrah. He failed in a major way and got exposed and ousted.

Philbin got the QB, Philbin got the system, he is the man with the plan, and the only reason this team has hope is Joe Philbin. He has done more for the Dolphins than anyone in the last 25 years. nd it is time to start respecting the man for that monumental work that everyone else has failed on in the last 25 years.

Date: January 29, 2015 04:39PM

Come on bro. There was no way the Phins were not drafting a qb in the first round that year. Whoever was in charge would've gotten murdered if they didn't. Trust me philbin didn't make anything happen in that regard.

Date: January 29, 2015 05:08PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> You know the greathoo, the best that Tannehill has
> been rated (and the stat geeks will correct me) is
> about the 10th best QB. That is far from Unitas,
> Marino or Griese territory (Hall of Fame),
> moreover it is also far from Brady, Rodgers, Luck,
> Russell White level.

It's also far from Henne, Fiedler, AJ Feeley, and any other QB that rolled through Miami. It's sort of funny everyone thought Pennington did such a great job in Miami for putting up similar numbers to Tannehill in 2014. Actually, he was about 400 yards and 7 TD's shy....and please don't tell me about wins....The TEAM was responsible for that. The one with a defense and highest paid o-line in the league.

He is average.

Yeah I guess. If you only have 20 QB's.

>
> So if you look at that as a feather in Philbin's
> hat, you're overcompensating.

and I think you're underestimating the value of a fine YOUNG QB.

>
> I DEFINITELY THINK THAT QUARTERBACK IS NOT a need
> on this team but let's not get carried away.
>
> Moreover, it was really Ireland who was more
> responsible for getting Tanny than Philbin
> although there was a Green Bay Texas A & M Sherman
> connection meaning that Philbin might have lobbied
> for him.

So Philbin had enough pull to ship off Dansby, Davis, Marshall & Burnett but had no say in getting Tannehill. Ok then.

Frankly I don't care if that Tannehill was 10th or 12th. He is still improving and had a better season in year 3 than Pennington EVER did. he continues to improve despite the worst line in football for the last two years.

Maybe you would rather still be searching for a QB like Buffalo and NY. I don't see much appreciation for an up and coming QB.

It's not all about him anyway. Until we get a more well rounded team we won't do anything. The best QB's in the league are all sitting home getting ready to watch the SB. Manning, Brees, Rodgers....it didn't do those teams much good to have that stud QB. Count too much on one player and it will bite you in the ass every time. Ask Dan Marino.

Date: January 29, 2015 06:23PM

Date: January 30, 2015 03:16AM

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: January 30, 2015 07:43AM

it is amazing how people get so out of shape when something negative about tannehill is stated. Not sure I've seen that about any other player.

someone should start a thread about what they like and don't like

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 30, 2015 08:09AM

There's negative things to say about Tannehill for sure, but it's guys like you and Omar (you, not as much anymore) that keep beating a dead horse that makes us defend him. He's not perfect by a long shot, but he's gotten better every year so far and there's no reason to think he wont keep progressing. Why can't guys like you just sit back and enjoy the ride? If you are a true fan, why would you want bad mouth him every chance you get?

Date: January 30, 2015 08:18AM

Who's getting bent "out of shape"?

It's that sort of over exaggeration that makes me feel like I need to clarify and defend people.

If you have a valid point, you don't need to exaggerate, IMO.

Date: January 30, 2015 09:44AM

Date: January 31, 2015 06:02AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> JoeFootball Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > So it's ok to compare Tannehill to Marino and
> > Unitas but unthinkable to compare him to the
> last
> > good QB we had? Got it.
>
> RESPONSE: I gave 1) Category of timeless great
> QBs then I gave 2) categories of current QBs such
> as Brady, Luck and Brees who are classified as
> good now, then I put Tannehill in the category of
> 3) average QBs.
>
> And to answer your question, is it unthinkable to
> compare him to the last "good????????" confused smiley qb we
> had Pennington because Pennington and Henne were
> not good, they were not average, they sucked.
>
> ?????? Pennington finished 2d in the mvp voting the year he played for us. he sucked??

Date: January 31, 2015 10:14AM

Well, maybe that was an overstatement. One could also say that since Henne started for Jax afterwards, he didn't suck as well. But certainly everyone on this board was dissatisfied with them to a great degree. Joe's point was that Tanny was a great improvement over them but my point is that, by itself, doesn't put Tanny in the good category.

Date: January 31, 2015 07:52PM

Ppl, Henne had 301 attempts in 2010, and 6.7 avg, with Brandon Marshall, 75 rating, 15TD, 19 INTs, 35 rushing attempts for 1.5 avg.
Don't ever bring up Henne when talking about Tannehill. It's not close, it is ridiculous.

Date: January 31, 2015 10:21PM

Point wasn't that he was as good as Tannehill. Point was that he sucked and saying that Tannehill was better than Henne doesn't mean that Tanny could be classified as great or even good this year. It only makes Tanny average, same thing about a comparison of Tanny to Pennington.

Date: January 31, 2015 11:23PM

So? He is average, slightly better than average in fact. He is #14 in the league based on the rating, and he is improving.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: February 01, 2015 10:33AM

Well guys, I guess the only way RT is going to be considered (at least) "good" on this board is for him to pass for 5,000 yards, 50 TDs, 10 ints, 500 yards rushing, and lead the Fins to a Super Bowl.

Doesn't matter the talent (or lack thereof) around him, he has to do it himself.

Date: February 01, 2015 01:43PM

But average doesn't mean bad.

Date: February 01, 2015 04:12PM

As I look at the SuperBowl and Russell Wilson and Tom Brady. and I think about Andrew Luck, Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers...............maybe since average is so objectionable when I refer to Tannehill...can I at least instead say second tier? Would you agree? Or would you same people argue with that as well?

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: February 01, 2015 04:35PM

Thill is more than "adequate" @QB for the "real Miami Dolphins" to make a chase at Stupid Bowl (Dumping the doofus clown Ross is far more critical)!

Ryan is on the top half of the pro pig rock chucker list and that's good enough IMO. Beyond that -- the kid still has significant upside.

But this year will pretty much tell all as to which direction and subsequent vector his career is moving towards...

That said. I like the kid. He's a mighty fine athlete and growing into a legit N-F-L coitus back!

But like I said. My opinion. Of course.

BNF.

Date: February 01, 2015 06:46PM

We have dumb playcallers, like Seattle. I know Ryan is good, but 600 passing attempts with backup Oline and a top-of-the-league run game was dumb af. Coyle with his usage of personnel, and playcalling killed us too. We need better coordinators. Maybe those two fools will improve, but I would not bet on it. Neither can playcall.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: February 02, 2015 04:55AM

I don't see the improvements that are being talked about. His completion % went up, but he is throwing short passes. It should go up.

He does not make any WR better, in fact he takes away the best receivers biggest asset in speed.

The offense deep game was dialed back, shelved ... is that development? probably not.

His 3rd down and 4th quarter ratings are horrible. Both of those are times games are won.

He has never finished better then 8-8. I'm not sure the OL is worse then average. I see many other QB's getting away from pressure. Heck brady last night slid way up in the pocket a couple times to get away. Tannehill will just stand at the back of the pocket till sacked.

I think you can win with him if you back him up with a GREAT team around him, but he won't carry a team.

I don't hate the guy, just being realistic.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: February 02, 2015 05:55AM

I tend to agree with a lot of that and think this is a make or break year for him.

I don't think the phins should give him a big contract yet. that may come back to bite them but i would wait and see.

i'm hoping his 2nd year in this offense is a spring board to bigger and better things for he and the team.

Date: February 03, 2015 04:12AM

dolphin Wrote:
> I don't see the improvements that are being talked
> about.

That does not surprise me at all. I don't think you are looking for improvements...only deficiencies.

His completion % went up, but he is
> throwing short passes. It should go up.

...and yards and TD's and fewer picks and QB rating and points. His game was short AND intermediate passes. He threw 44 passes over 20 yards. 4 fewer than Tom Brady. That's middle of the pack or average. He had 4 passes over 40 yards. 4 fewer than Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan.

>
> He does not make any WR better, in fact he takes
> away the best receivers biggest asset in speed.

Another overblown, over exaggerated issue. As I keep repeating, all the hoopla is about a handful of missed passes. it's not his job to make them better. Wallace had a career high in TD's this year. Why don't the others just figure out how to make some plays? Hartline has never produced TD's. Landry had a pretty good year.

>
> The offense deep game was dialed back, shelved ...
> is that development? probably not.

No. Not in ONE AREA. he has improved every year. The numbers show it. WINS are a team stat.

>
> His 3rd down and 4th quarter ratings are horrible.
> Both of those are times games are won.

And what are they?

This is what I mean. You are looking for the bad areas and ignoring all others. The improvement was in the most important areas. Points per game. He had an improvement of 4.4 points per game. That's up to 24.2 ppg for 11th in the league. 11th from 26th!!!!

>
> He has never finished better then 8-8.

NO. The team has never been better than 8-8.

I'm not
> sure the OL is worse then average.

If you're not sure thEn you aren't really watching or following. Most sources rate them as THE worst line in the league this year. That's pretty bad when you play pretty well for the first half of the season or 9 weeks.

I see many
> other QB's getting away from pressure. Heck brady
> last night slid way up in the pocket a couple
> times to get away. Tannehill will just stand at
> the back of the pocket till sacked.

Who are these "many"? Brady was sacked 21 times all year and has one of the best lines in the NFL. Tannehill can be better sensing pressure. Not as big an issue as the pitiful line. Maybe 5-6 of the 46 were from him holding the ball too long.

>
> I think you can win with him if you back him up
> with a GREAT team around him, but he won't carry a
> team.

We had a QB carry our team for 17 years. How did that work out for us? They ran him out of town and fired a legendary coach. That's how this whole thing started, remember?

RT hasn't hit his ceiling yet. Nobody is going anywhere without a great TEAM around them. Look no further than the SB TEAMS. Aaron Rodgers is MVP, ...and was a spectator for the SB.

> I don't hate the guy, just being realistic.

Not REALly.

He is one of the FEW bright spots on the team and there aren't many. You never give him much credit though. He is not Dan Marino. People may never get over that.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: February 03, 2015 04:53AM

Posted by: JC ()
Date: February 03, 2015 05:01PM

"He knocked his BLOCK off!" <---anybody remember that commercial?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.