HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Just going with your feelings...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Just going with your feelings...
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: December 04, 2012 11:25AM

Ken, that is not true, last year we had a brand new offensive cordinator and a brand new playbook and offensive system.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 04, 2012 11:27AM

I know except for the last game with Jason Taylor when we beat the Jets , its was B-O-R-I-N-G. Tanny and this team has had me excited beyond belief even when they lost in OT. God you are going to feel like a dumb dipshit next year , you probably already do and just won't admit it.

Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: December 04, 2012 11:42AM

Ken Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You guys are forgetting that one major reason we
> were better last year was that most of our players
> were used to the system and the
> coaches...familiarity counts for alot.
>

Last year was also a new OC. Brian Daboll who came from the Cleveland Browns. Tannehill has two years experience with this offense.

I don't think it was familiarity. And I really don't think it was overall coaching. This team has personell problems this year.

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins. Always Perfect.

Date: December 04, 2012 11:47AM

Treasure I hope the offense and RT get it together next year, I look forward to an offense that can score some points. This year I didn't see a marked improvement. The 2 things we were all hoping for with Phiblin and Coyle was a better offense and a better secondary, so far in the first year we have not seen that.. That is not knocking potential, but just saying in the present we aren't any better in those areas.. We haven't been able to consistently put up points since Marino left. We haven't had a solid secondary since the days of Surtain and Madison.... I can't wait to finally solve those issues just like everybody on this site...

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: December 04, 2012 12:09PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> Treasure I hope the offense and RT get it together
> next year, I look forward to an offense that can
> score some points. This year I didn't see a marked
> improvement. The 2 things we were all hoping for
> with Phiblin and Coyle was a better offense and a
> better secondary, so far in the first year we have
> not seen that.. That is not knocking potential,
> but just saying in the present we aren't any
> better in those areas.. We haven't been able to
> consistently put up points since Marino left. We
> haven't had a solid secondary since the days of
> Surtain and Madison.... I can't wait to finally
> solve those issues just like everybody on this
> site...

I agree with everything your saying but thats because every coach since Dan marino left took the wrong approach to putting together an offense. Every QB was either a 3rd stringer or 2nd stringer journyman or a 2-3 rd pick. They try to get us offense pieces and then tryied to jam a QB in to fit. This is a new coach with a new QB. Give him a chance to build a team around Ryan tannihill instead of jamming a round Peg into a square hole.

Ryan was not supposed to even start. But he beat out Moore in camp and has shown flashes of brillance when the Team plays as a whole. They depended on long alot and he has just not been there for this Kid. There were scores of dropped passes , and the defense has also put alot of pressure on him to score early on.

All I'm saying is give him a break. I've never seen anyone throw so natural and instinctively on the run when he rolls out. Its wonderful to see live when he connects. They need to watch the tape see what he does great and get him recievers and blockers to help that. You force him to be a pocket QB all of the time it may not work. I think Philbin has the sense to see what Ryan needs and hoefully Our GM can get it for him.

Like any other Rookie QB , its up to the Team to help them succeed.

Date: December 04, 2012 12:51PM

Treasure it is a weird platform around here when it comes to topics such as RT. If you arent praising him you are bashing him. My biggest complaint is that Shermans play calling and the offensive system hasnt yielded an improvement. I would have thought we would have seen better offensive play. They benched Moore and went with RT for the reason that the best player would start and RT was the better player. But our offense and our QB ratings, with these better coaches that we hired should have shown improvement. Either RT was not better then Moore or the coaches and cordinator did not do as well with their offensive system.. I agree that RT at times looks the part, but I also realize that the under throw to Hartline and missed TD, RT looked as pretty as Marino throwing that ball, is just didnt land where it was suppose to... SO it concerns me how good a guy looks verse what he accomplishes. But I agree I think with time RT has as good as shot as any young QB we have gone with since Marino.. I am just concerened about those things that dont add up and why...

Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2012 12:55PM by Crowder52.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 04, 2012 06:41PM

Crowder, we are 5-7. With the two overtime games going the other way we are 7-5. Two of our other losses are by 3 and 5 points respectively. Thus, we could easily have been 9-3.

We have

1) No WR who can terrify the opposition and stretch the field

2) a great running back as long as he is in open space

3) no power back that is not a great fumble risk

4) a defense that only has one pressure pass rusher

5) a defensive line that is poor at tackling

6) a coaching staff that does not know how to follow TRADITIONAL end of the game strategy, particularly when they are behind by three points or less.

Someone above put there hand on it by talking about how devastatingly effective Tannehill is when he rolls out.

Could you imagine what kind of points he could put up with a receiver that was a speed burner?

Bottom line, like so many others above, you just can't lay everything at the foot of the quarterback (particularly a rookie one).

Date: December 04, 2012 07:44PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> Treasure it is a weird platform around here when
> it comes to topics such as RT. If you arent
> praising him you are bashing him. My biggest
> complaint is that Shermans play calling and the
> offensive system hasnt yielded an improvement. I
> would have thought we would have seen better
> offensive play. They benched Moore and went with
> RT for the reason that the best player would start
> and RT was the better player. But our offense and
> our QB ratings, with these better coaches that we
> hired should have shown improvement. Either RT was
> not better then Moore or the coaches and
> cordinator did not do as well with their offensive
> system.. I agree that RT at times looks the part,
> but I also realize that the under throw to
> Hartline and missed TD, RT looked as pretty as
> Marino throwing that ball, is just didnt land
> where it was suppose to... SO it concerns me how
> good a guy looks verse what he accomplishes. But I
> agree I think with time RT has as good as shot as
> any young QB we have gone with since Marino.. I am
> just concerened about those things that dont add
> up and why...

Dude he is a 22 yr old Kid with limited college experience and only a few NFL games under his belt. Most people thought he would sit the year out and learn because he wasn't capable of playing in the NFL at all yet. Yet when things worked right he far exceeded expectations. He's far from perfect , rememeber all those Tipped balls he threw early on?Hhe has largely fixed that problem. he is getting better with each snap.

I just get pissed when a person like Douchebag queen says he is talentless. He is nowhere near as polished as Andrew Luck. But he can be. thats all I'm saying.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.