HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Another Big Home Loss
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Another Big Home Loss
Posted by: Stoyanovich10 ()
Date: January 06, 2009 09:39AM

Is not having a true Home Field Advantage as big a Problem as anything?
After years of watching them Lose a Big Home Game, I believe it is. This year they were 5-4 at home. Hey, they were 6-2 on the road (would have been 7-1 if they hadnt blown game vs Houston).

*What i saw in the Wild Card, was Baltimore looking like there was no pressure or noise to deal with by being in Dolphin stadium and just went about their business of delivering a knockout to Miami's season. It seems like a joke sometimes when Playoff Level teams come in to Miami, as Jim Kelly once called it- Rich Stadium South. I guess it will always be this way...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another Big Home Loss
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 06, 2009 01:45PM

Posted by: Stoyanovich10 ()
Date: January 08, 2009 07:51AM

Ghotirule, you can disagree but you are a fool if you do. You actually believe Miami has a strong Home Field Advantage? I am NOT predicting anything just observing a DEFINITE tendency about The Dolphins playing in that stadiumm. I actually provide evidence and substantial Facts to support my statement. What do you provide? besides being an ass??

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 08, 2009 10:00AM

Stoyanovich10 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ghotirule, you can disagree but you are a fool if
> you do. You actually believe Miami has a strong
> Home Field Advantage? I am NOT predicting
> anything just observing a DEFINITE tendency about
> The Dolphins playing in that stadiumm. I actually
> provide evidence and substantial Facts to support
> my statement. What do you provide? besides being
> an ass??

What do you suggest, besides calling ghotirule an ass? Should we change stadiums? Move cities? You got a plan that would fix it? If not, quit whining. It's Phin "fans" like you that is the reason we don't have the same homefield advantage as the NYG or Packers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2009 10:00AM by montequi.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 08, 2009 04:10PM

Posted by: miami821 ()
Date: January 08, 2009 06:53PM

I don't normally weigh in on things in here, but the thread starter did little more than bring up a topic for discussion. I've never been there myself, but from what I've seen on TV we don't truly have an overpowering home field crowd. And no, it's not a question of how true/dedicated Miami's fans are.

It's got little to do with an actual solution, this topic, as much as some discussion about it. It's innocent enough. I don't think anyone would argue that the Dolphin Home Field Advantage would be anywhere near as great as the Green Bay Home Advantage at Lambeau or even NY Giants at the Meadowlands. Those are simply two much louder environments.

Hasn't the idea been tossed out there of this Ross fellow moving the team some place else? I think it's a long shot, but the stadium crowd situation is certainly something that could be looked at as an area for improvement by new ownership.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 08, 2009 07:11PM

I doubt that team ownership (incoming or outgoing) is very concerned that opposing teams' fans are buying up all the tickets....as long as SOMEBODY is buying the tickets. To the owners, a stadium half filled with Jests fans is a LOT better than a stadium that is just half-full.

That money from visiting teams' fans, is still money. If our average attendance were 50-60% of capacity they they'd have more reason to move.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: January 10, 2009 11:43AM

our homefield isn't like Pittsburgh, Denver, Cleveland, or Buffalo. But name 1 team in the SOUTH that does have a homefield like that???

southern fans (in general) don't take sports as seriously as fans in northern cities. Hence, you don't get the homefield "noise" in southern cities.

Also, DOLPHINS STADIUM is one of the few "all purpose" stadiums left. It can do baseball and football. Hence, the seating is not set up for a loud n rouckus place where the fans are on top of the field making it tough on opponents.

OUR only home field advantage is the heat when we play home games in Sep and early Oct. THATS IT

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.