HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          For those talking about trading away Marshall
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
For those talking about trading away Marshall
Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: November 26, 2012 06:35AM

People on the board are complaining that our GM is out of it and should go due to the departure of Marshall. Just keep in mind Marshall is a locker room cancer, a guy with troubles with the law, a diva at best, and only has top production with one QB in the league so far. With a new coach and regime coming in, I would have chopped his ass first thing as well.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: For those talking about trading away Marshall
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: November 26, 2012 07:04AM

My beef with Ireland is not about what he did, it's about what he didn't do. Okay, you trade away a receiver who commands maximum protection from any opponent. Fine. Who was he replaced with? Insert name here: __________.

Sure, Marshall was a douche and I didn't like his psych, but I don't think he was all that expendable - his presence on the field has an impact that opposing teams needed to be wary of.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: November 26, 2012 09:48AM

Marshall is the 3rd leading WR in receptions, 5th in yards, and is tied for 2nd in TD's.

Trading him away is a mistake unless you use what you got to replace what you gave up.

So far....I think it was a mistake. What have we gained? Would Tannehill really be delayed in his development by having Marshall on the field? Cutler seems to know how to use him.

All that said....if Ireland gets a #1 WR and uses the picks to solidify the roster....I'm cool.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: November 26, 2012 09:55AM

The receiver was traded on March 14th. Over 8 months ago. Nothing to see here.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 26, 2012 10:27AM

realist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> . What have we gained?

We have gained a better atmosphere in the locker room and amongst the team overall. We added by subtraction.

BUT you are absolutely correct that the BM should have been replaced by a top tier receiver. We *do* need a true #1 receiver in his place. But even without one in his place (yet?), I still have no problem with getting rid of him.

Would Tannehill really be delayed in his
> development by having Marshall on the field?

Probably. He'd complain when he wasn't thrown to enough, and all the crap he did when he was here. Second guessing a rookie QB and new coach. Who needs that on the team.

> Cutler seems to know how to use him.
>
>

He does. They'd been teammates before, and Cutler is a veteran. I think this makes a big difference. A veteran QB would much better know how to handle a problem child like BM.

> All that said....if Ireland gets a #1 WR and uses
> the picks to solidify the roster....I'm cool.

Here's hoping!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 26, 2012 01:02PM

100% on what JC said.

I can only underline.

What I would underline and expand is that at this stage of his career, Tannehill needs TO LEARN HOW TO USE ALL HIS OPTIONS.

He can only learn that by game time experience.

YOU CAN'T HAVE THAT HAPPEN WITH SOMEONE LIKE BRANDON MARSHALL BI_CHING AND MOANING EACH TIME A PASS GOES TO ANYONE BUT HIM.

A lot of the people who basically "can't understand why we got rid of Marshall" even "without having a replacement" just don't remember what a cancer he was.

He was literally eating up our team from the inside.

And to top it off, he goes to the pro-bowl and talks about what a piece of crap we have on our team for quarterback.

Those of you willing to sell your soul to the devil for what you think might be success will realize that there will not even be any success.

And Brandon Marshall DROPPED SIX TOUCHDOWN PASSES WHILE IN THE ENDZONE THAT WERE RIGHT IN HIS HAND WHEN HE PLAYED FOR US.

That more than anything explained why he was so quick to talk about us not having "an elite quarterback."

Ha, ha, ha. I have thought many things about Jay Cutler but I have never thought of him as "elite" like I think of the Manning brothers, or Brady, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, or Phil Rivers.

Jay Cutler, are you kidding me?

He just throws the ball to Marshall over and over.

Date: November 26, 2012 03:39PM

Guy tried to Kill himself and let his wife take the fall. I'd dump his ass also.

Date: November 26, 2012 04:41PM

Date: November 26, 2012 05:59PM

Realist, the "elite" comment came from Marshall himself who was in the Pro Bowl and I think was named MVP of the Pro Bowl (while mind you he was still a Dolphin) and said basically, "This is what I can accomplish when I have an 'elite' quarterback throwing to me (meaning what I don't have in Miami)."

Date: November 27, 2012 06:47AM

ah...sorry...I thought you mis-read me.

Marshall is going to blow sunshine on his guy....I don't think Cutler is elite...but for Marshall...he just may be the one QB he connects with.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 30, 2012 10:43AM

realist Wrote:
> Marshall is the 3rd leading WR in receptions, 5th
> in yards, and is tied for 2nd in TD's.
>
> Trading him away is a mistake unless you use what
> you got to replace what you gave up.
>
>
> So far....I think it was a mistake. What have we
> gained? Would Tannehill really be delayed in his
> development by having Marshall on the field?
> Cutler seems to know how to use him.
>
>
> All that said....if Ireland gets a #1 WR and uses
> the picks to solidify the roster....I'm cool.

If you base it on numbers alone, yeah, it was a mistake. But there are waaaaay too many factors that are weighed to base it on numbers alone. Sure, Marshall is a great receiver; that's why Miami signed him in the first place.

However, let's see what Ireland does with his picks next year before we give the Marshall trade a grade.

Date: November 30, 2012 11:23AM

captkoi Wrote:
>
> If you base it on numbers alone, yeah, it was a
> mistake. But there are waaaaay too many factors
> that are weighed to base it on numbers alone.

Precisely. Of all of the "get tough" moves that this new coaching regime made including benching Reggie, this is the only one I defend.

And as far as NUMBERS is concerned, try "six dropped passes in the endzone" and that was when our QBs were Henne and Moore.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.