Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          This was the best game that I have attended so far this season..........
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
This was the best game that I have attended so far this season..........
Date: November 25, 2012 06:46PM

For many reasons. Yes the Comeback win was nice. After TanniHills last pick late in the game several so called fans got up and started walking out. Kid doesn't give up. I really like that about him. But Nothing prepared me for seeing all of the Lawn sprinklers turn on at 1:45 left in the 3rd Quarter. smoking smiley They were lucky No play was in progress. I bet Ross was pissed over that one.eye rolling smiley

Geez.......I'm telling ya we are headed in the right direction people!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This was the best game that I have attended so far this season..........
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 26, 2012 05:55AM

treasurecoast wrote:Geez.......I'm telling ya we are headed in the right direction people!

Amen. We got some pieces now we got to surround those pieces with talent around them.

Date: November 26, 2012 07:26AM

We will continue this off season with a QB to work around. And I'm pretty sure a new head maintence dude. drinking smiley

Seriously....This is why Tanny needed to be played. This is a meaningless season. But the last 10 years they spent building a team and then trying to get a QB to fit it like a Square peg in a round Hole instead of the other way around.

We need to see what Ryan Tannihills Game is. Jake Long is seriously hurting his game . It pains me to say it , but he needs to go. After he got Sacked Yesterday everyone started to chant" Pick him up jake!". He is as his best rolling from the pocket and throwing on the run to recivers who are cutting across the middle. Lets get players who fit that type of play.

As soon as he started to make a few passes , the running game opened right up. We are headed in the right direction. Tanny is in school and he is getting the education of a lifetime.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: November 26, 2012 07:36AM

Aside from the sack Long gave up I thought he had a pretty good game. It was a far cry from weeks before when he was getting burned on every play. He did well in the running game.

If you look at the play in question, he actually was so quick in his kick that he over-shot the target. The DE put a spin move and bounced back inside and Long was overextended.

He seemed to fix the problem after that. At least he wasn't getting beat physically as he has prior. It was actually impressive to see how quickly he kicked out of his stance.

If he continues to play like he did yesterday he will probably stay but if he regresses again, he is probably gone as you say.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: November 26, 2012 08:28AM

OK fair enough. But you can see when Jake plays well , so does Ryan.

Tanny does not have a drop back boom release like Marino did. So with so little experience under his belt , this season is about Ryan and the coaches learning what his strentghs and weaknesses are.

He throws best on the run, but he has a tendency to throw a bit low when being pressured so the ball gets Tipped or intercepted. All things hopefully a good coach will fix this off season.

Peyton Manning had the staff and support to help him grow . Thats what Ryan needs this offseason. A gamplan and more players tailored to help him and this Offense succeed.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: November 26, 2012 09:42AM

I agree. The good news is that the things RT needs work on.....

touch on short throws
looking off receivers
stepping up in the pocket
decision making
recognizing defenses....

These are all things that can be taught or learned with experience.

The things that cannot be taught.....

Intelligence
Strong Arm
deep ball ability
Quick release
athletic ability
accuracy
not getting rattled/looking like a deer in the headlights (maybe most important)

are all traits that he naturally has.

This is why I am optimistic. To be able to look as comfortable as he does, most of the time, after only 19 college starts and switching positions twice, is impressive. He never seems overwhelmed.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: November 26, 2012 03:46PM

BINGO. You get it eesti! I've been to many games over the last decade. I can hear him screaming calls, pointing to defenses, fixing things on the line. He has the precense of a veteran, not a Rookie with just a dozen or so college games under his belt.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.