HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          When we win the big dance..
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
When we win the big dance..
Posted by: TannyDaMan ()
Date: October 02, 2014 01:23AM

How are you going to celebrate? I'm going to cry tears of joy while I play the song "dirt" by Florida/Georgia line drink a beer and hope I have some more Dolphins fans to high five and hug congratulate!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2014 01:27AM by TannyDaMan.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: When we win the big dance..
Date: October 02, 2014 08:55AM

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 02, 2014 09:46AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have an original 45 of the Dolphins fight song
> pressed in 66'.
>
> My Neighborhoods will hear it cranked through
> about 300 watts of pure Tube stereo blissful ness.

Now there is a guy who knows how to listen to music, vacuum tubes and vinyl... cheers to that smileys with beer

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: October 02, 2014 09:49AM

Hopefully I will be in the stadium going nuts after being over served... From there I have no idea but I imagine it will be dangerous, memorable and something I will not tell my kids or wife about...lol

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: October 02, 2014 11:59AM

Date: October 02, 2014 12:02PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> Hopefully I will be in the stadium going nuts
> after being over served... From there I have no
> idea but I imagine it will be dangerous, memorable
> and something I will not tell my kids or wife
> about...lol

LOL! I tell you one thing brother......I DO NOT WANT TO BE A COP IN SOUTH FLORIDA DURING THAT GAME. eye rolling smiley No way Hose.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 02, 2014 12:15PM

TCP- Yeah I got a bunch of great tubes as well, my favorites is the Avalon 747, that I can run anything through and master with it.. I also have a classic 1972 Hammond B3 with the dual speed Leslie mint condition... Can also run a guitar through it.. I turn my vinyl on a music hall 7.1
That pressing is awesome. How did you get a 1966 pressing of the Dolphins fight song?

Nietzsche

Posted by: TannyDaMan ()
Date: October 02, 2014 12:19PM

You don't want to know the ghettos of what he had to do to get that!

Date: October 02, 2014 12:41PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> TCP- Yeah I got a bunch of great tubes as well, my
> favorites is the Avalon 747, that I can run
> anything through and master with it.. I also have
> a classic 1972 Hammond B3 with the dual speed
> Leslie mint condition... Can also run a guitar
> through it.. I turn my vinyl on a music hall 7.1
> That pressing is awesome. How did you get a 1966
> pressing of the Dolphins fight song?

You have a 72 B3 Hammond Organ!!? eye popping smiley The Allman brothers are my favorite band and I just lost my breath for a second. Wow. That must sound Killer. Stevie ray Vaughn (RIP)Used to play through a Leslie . That's like the holy grail of cool amps to have bro. smileys with beer

I bought the Fight song 45 back in 96' on the east side in Manhattan NYC. True story: I grew up in NYC. So I only got to see the Dolphins play when they visited Shea stadium in the 70's and 80's and later at the New Giants stadium in New Jersey. No Internet back then. I had never seen a Dolphins home game so I didn't even know that song existed! 1996 My parents give me 2 Dolphins Tickets at Joe Robbie stadium for my 30th birthday. And flew my wife and I down there. I didn't have kids yet.

They put my name on the scoreboard at the end of the 3rd qtr. Happy Birthday AL. I pretended Dan Marino saw it. LOL. But what really blew me away from that day was that song after every score! I had never heard it before and Dan had scored like 38 points so I was in my glory! High fiving people all around me, no asshole Jets fans fighting with me in the bathrooms and the parking lots. I had to find a copy of the song! No digital downloads existed back then. I went straight to those vintage record stores in the city when I got home and found it within an hour. One thing I miss about NYC is you can usually find ANYTHING within an hour if you know where to look!

That was a cool experience. All I had to keep in touch with the Phins back then was Dolphin Digest. People are Fricking spoiled nowadays! They have no idea.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 02, 2014 05:19PM

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: October 02, 2014 05:29PM

Awesome thread. I think I will celebrate by first yelling to the skies some kind of obscenity, then i will run full speed around my neighborhood in my aqua and orange boxers with my face painted in orange with the number 13 while blowing a trumpet or something loud like it..I hope I don't get arrested!

Date: October 03, 2014 09:54AM

JC Wrote:
> I enjoyed seeing the pic of that 45 record. My
> cousin had that exact same record when we were
> kids. I remember the oil derricks on the label and
> everything. The oil derricks were prophetic
> though, because the guy took the song and its
> rights to Houston then they copied the song,
> singing "Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers #1..."
> Then Houston lost the Oilers altogether so the
> joke was on them.
>
>
> Bit of trivia though: that song is not from 1966.
> It was released in the early 70s. That's why we
> need to keep it, it's from the glory days of the
> team's history. Corny banjo and all. Opponents'
> fans get PO'ed when they hear it, and that's
> reason right there not to change it!
>
> What's more, it's not *technically* the original
> fight song. There was one in 1968 that sounds
> like a generic classic college fight song. I had
> never heard of it until a couple years ago when
> the topic came up on this board. Someone posted a
> tweaked Midi of it...I think it was toko34.
>
>
>
> Scroll about halfway down this page for reference
> info...I *think* it's true.
>
> Fight Song Info.

That's a lot of cool Info I did not know JC. Thanks for updating my data brain! Man you original South Floridians have some cool memories about stuff I did npt know existed until 15 -20 yrs ago. Maybe that's why I'm so dumb about collecting Old Logo stuff? Its really kind of new to me in sense. I'm reliving it all as an adult .

I dealt with so many Aholes back in NYC over the years. Do you guys remember the story about 3 yrs ago about the Jets fan who was celebrating the Jets Playoff victory in his driveway? He was drunk and sliding on the Ice down into the street. Car came by and smoked him. That was my neighbor growing up! I can't prove it , but I had my car vandalized any time I put anything Dolphins related on to it. I'm pretty sure it was him and his brother. Didn't want to see him killed but.....I admit I chuckled for a second. drinking smiley Sanchez got run over the next week or soon after........smileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 03, 2014 06:57PM

Do you guys remember the story about 3 yrs
> ago about the Jets fan who was celebrating the
> Jets Playoff victory in his driveway? He was drunk
> and sliding on the Ice down into the street. Car
> came by and smoked him. That was my neighbor
> growing up!

I didn't remember the story in the news, but I remember your mentioning it here on the board.

Date: October 03, 2014 10:06PM

Posted by: gofins60 ()
Date: October 04, 2014 03:08AM

> All of my guitar amps are vacuum tubes as well. I
> have an old Craftsman toolbox from my Dad full of
> old Tubes from the 40s, 50's and 60's. they just
> don't make them like they used to anymore. smileys with beer

I'd be willing to take those old, dusty, outdated tubes off your hands and give them a good home (in my guitar amp).

Date: October 04, 2014 07:47AM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 04, 2014 09:00AM

I'm sorry about your childhood friend, Treasure. It was a sad story. Obviously the motorist felt bad as well.

That same thing could have happened had your friend not been drinking or had he not done it in celebration of the Jets win. He probably never thought of what happened as being a risk.

Date: October 04, 2014 03:17PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> I'm sorry about your childhood friend, Treasure.
> It was a sad story. Obviously the motorist felt
> bad as well.
>
> That same thing could have happened had your
> friend not been drinking or had he not done it in
> celebration of the Jets win. He probably never
> thought of what happened as being a risk.

I'm sorry about it as well, don't want anyone to die in such a way , but lets get something straight......he was never my friend. He was the epitome of what all Jets fans stand for. He was a loud , ignorant fool who would deface my car the second I put the smallest Miami "anything" on it. I fought him at the bus stop when I was in school, and he would look to always get his hands on my Miami book covers , ball caps and such. 2 wrongs don't make a right , but I did my share of "midnight paybacks " as well. eye rolling smiley But I can just see it clear as day..........

Drunk, coming out of his house with his big fat belly hanging over" Whhhhoooooooooo! J-E-T-S jets jets jets! Yeahhhhh Go Sanchez,,,,,,,,,,,, WHAM!!!! You had to know him. You knew he was gonna go out doing something stupid. RIP though. I never wanted him dead. In fact I wish he could have seen the tannehill years. We will be the next AFC East Champs.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 04, 2014 05:58PM

You said he was your "neighbor (when you were?) growing up."

I assumed he was a childhood friend. I didn't realize that you guys had a "Jets vs. Dolphins" rivalry even then.

I guess you were teenagers.

But Wow. We all supported different pro team when we were in school but it never came to blows.

I guess it's because Oklahoma never had any professional teams back then as the "Thunder was decades in the future."

In baseball, I rooted for the St. Louis Cardinals (Stan 'The Man' Musial was my hero until Bob Griese came along).

Date: October 04, 2014 09:33PM

About the only thing I brought from NYC with me is my love of the NY Mets. I dad was a huge Brooklyn Dodger fan. We both hate the Yankees with a Passion. My favorites growing up was Tom Seaver , Tug McGraw and Rusty Staub. The 1986 Mets were the only championship I ever enjoyed ever from either of my 2 favorite teams . Funny......Mosts Jets fans are Mets fans. Shea stadium where the Mets played was the Home of the Jets throughout my childhood. I hated them back then and I hate them even as more and more Jets fans move down here every year. The Dolphins need to win some championships and turn their children like the Miami heat have done to all Knicks fans kids. thumbs up

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 05, 2014 09:01AM

I'm going to crack one of my bottles of Samuel Adams Utopias...

Date: October 05, 2014 01:48PM

Are those expensive? I'm definitely throwing a serious SB party as well!

Can you imagine being a Bills fan back in the 90's? 4 parties....no celebration.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 06, 2014 06:58AM

Yes they are...$190.00 per 750ml (24 oz) bottle depending upon where you buy it, last time I checked.

It's not like ANY other beer, totally unique, just like our Phins and worth every penny you'll pay by the way...

Date: October 06, 2014 08:43AM

Ken Wrote:
> Yes they are...$190.00 per 750ml (24 oz) bottle
> depending upon where you buy it, last time I
> checked.
>
> It's not like ANY other beer, totally unique, just
> like our Phins and worth every penny you'll pay by
> the way...

Hey we win the Superbowl I'm down with it! But isn't Samuel Adams a "New England" beer? Ahhhh WTF? I'll drink it anyway! smileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.