Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          4 and 12 with a rookie qb is more or less what i expected in 2012.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
4 and 12 with a rookie qb is more or less what i expected in 2012.
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 16, 2012 04:43AM

Did you all really expect to go to the playoffs without any weapons on offense and with a rookie QB. And with players such as nolan carrol starting on defense?

First of all Ryan Tannehill has shown a lot of upside and he has shown that he is the future.

But when you have receivers starting that should be 3rd and 4th stringers, then you have no shot.

1. The phins receivers showed yesterday that they could not get open against physical DBs.

2. Jake long that i saw got beat once when merryman threw him to the floor like if he was made of glass. Jake long just doesnt have that strengh any more.

3. I told you this team was going to make the real deal tannehill look bad......With out a physical receiver that can get open the real deal had no place to throw the football. There was noone open.

4. Fasano missed a block and reggie bush got tackled in the backfield...

5. We need a couple of physical receivers and a superstar Tend who can block....

6. Both pouncey and long got beat up yesterday.

7. about nolan carroll..........CB..............Where should i start?
We need to get all the scrubs like carrol away from this team as far as possible.................Give him some money to move to CHINA and disappear.

8. The OL cant open holes for the RBs to run any more....

9. The DL can't stop the run all of a sudden.

10. Fitspatrick struggles against every team except against the mighty phins...

11.Our defense is made of swizz cheese.

12. carpenter missed another fieldgoal......

13. when we needed 8 yards.......The coaches made tannehill throw a screen or a 2 yard pass....Too easy...for the bills.

14. Someone hit hartline helmet to helmet.....right before the real deals bomb got there and it wasnt called......And the homer announcers didnt even notice it......They didnt say a thing about it....

But they call evey single penalty on the phins....

15. On hartline s fumble.......he didnt had possession of the football.....but the refs call a fumble anyways because the refs were bill homers. The refs are killing us every game.

Finally...............The Real Deal Tannehill is suffering from having no receivers no TEnds, the OL struggling, and no running game whatsoever.......

If Matt Moore was the QB yesterday against the bills, we we lose 45-14.

GO PHINS.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 4 and 12 with a rookie qb is more or less what i expected in 2012.
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 16, 2012 04:56AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If Matt Moore was the QB yesterday against the
> bills, we we lose 45-14.
>
Huh? Matt Moore doesn't play defense, does he? If Matt Moore played, we would have lost 19-7 instead of 19-14.

Date: November 16, 2012 05:02AM

montequi Wrote:
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If Matt Moore was the QB yesterday against the
> > bills, we we lose 45-14.
> >
> Huh? Matt Moore doesn't play defense, does he?
> If Matt Moore played, we would have lost 19-7
> instead of 19-14.

No he doesnt play defense but since the receivers werent open he would had found a way to throw a couple of pick 6s. or maybe 3 or 4.

The real deal forced it when he had no choice...at the end...But before that...the OL was getting beat and no receivers open and no running game.....

He was doing exactly what was needed to be done.......but since the defense could stop them either....

Then it got to a point when the ball needed to be forced to have a chance.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 16, 2012 05:12AM

I still say we didn't need to force a long pass. What happened to our dink-and-dunk game? Why not throw to Fasano more? Why was the throw to Clay 20 yards downfield? Is that what TE's are for??? Why wasn't Bess playing the slot? That's his best position. He's not a #1 or #2 WR!!! Why didn't we send Bush out in a short pattern against a LB? Why not sit Lane for a play and put Thomas and Bush in the backfield together? Why didn't we pass to Lane at all???

Date: November 16, 2012 05:19AM

montequi Wrote:
> I still say we didn't need to force a long pass.
> What happened to our dink-and-dunk game? Why not
> throw to Fasano more? Why was the throw to Clay
> 20 yards downfield? Is that what TE's are for???
> Why wasn't Bess playing the slot? That's his best
> position. He's not a #1 or #2 WR!!! Why didn't
> we send Bush out in a short pattern against a LB?
> Why not sit Lane for a play and put Thomas and
> Bush in the backfield together? Why didn't we
> pass to Lane at all???

Agreed..

add that their 4 dlineman were beating our OL.....No needed to blitz....so they could drop people back....therefore noone open.

Its like that...at the beginning of game you try and see how much pressure your original 4 DLineman can put on the OL....if the originall 4 can cause havoc and beat the oppesing OL like that then no need to blitz much which was Tannehill bread and butter since he knew this offense so well......he found the open man when he was been blitzed almost all the time...

Teams now study that and back away from the blitzing.

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: November 16, 2012 05:28AM

I wonder if new owners' teams don't get calls versus old school owners' teams. Haven't the titans and bills owners been around forever?

Also, when the replacement refs were around, the traditional powers (pats, steelers, etc. they were all 2-2 or so, because they weren't getting calls.

The announcers are in on it too. Some teams get calls, depends on the game and opponent. Why else do you pay refs so much money, when you could get cheaper refs that do just as good of a job? They set the plot line for the NFL. End of my Williams S. Burroughs esque rant

Posted by: KB ()
Date: November 16, 2012 05:35AM

ChambersDeepBall Wrote:
> I wonder if new owners' teams don't get calls
> versus old school owners' teams. Haven't the
> titans and bills owners been around forever?
>
> Also, when the replacement refs were around, the
> traditional powers (pats, steelers, etc. they were
> all 2-2 or so, because they weren't getting
> calls.
>
> The announcers are in on it too. Some teams get
> calls, depends on the game and opponent. Why else
> do you pay refs so much money, when you could get
> cheaper refs that do just as good of a job? They
> set the plot line for the NFL. End of my Williams
> S. Burroughs esque rant

Noticed the same thing. The NFL is slowly becoming the NBA.

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: November 16, 2012 06:03AM

Finishing 4-12 all changed when we got above .500 in most fans minds. Everyone began thinking that maybe we got the better of the first round QB's and that RT would have a really good rookie season and that all of the critics were wrong about how raw he is.

The last three games changed my perception of the learning curve Tannehill faces.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 16, 2012 06:17AM

Here is what has happened to our "dink and dunk" game (IMO).

Looking at an opponent, I would examine into the weaknesses. I would notice (because I am observant) that the Dolphins have no deep ball threat. So, what that means to me as the observing opposition is that all the defense has to do is play like it was in the red zone, knowing that there is no Dolphin capable of catching a long pass--not fast enough to go deep and actually catch. This means the D can play tighter, can spend time looking at the QB (who ever it is) and read the QBs actions. This also means the running game is stymied as the D knows what we will try to do. The lack of a deep threat is killing thwarting our game and play calling. FWIW.

Tannehill is learning. You always learn, but he's not progressing with the knowledge he has learned because of the lack of a vertical game. Play calling on the short stuff isn't working because no one is getting open. It's a Catch-22 right now.

Date: November 16, 2012 06:30AM

Believe its going to get much better. I promise you.

Posted by: Dolphacolyte ()
Date: November 16, 2012 08:52AM

Haven't been here since 6:54 of the third quarter last Sunday. This is what I see. First the Marshall-Davis trades were a huge appaling mistake. Say what you want about personal character. What I wanna see here are solid consistent performances, regardless behavior or other learning dissabilities. Those 2 are gone. Just take a look at the record the teams in which the play now have. Secondly. What we got last April in that 8 slot is the second coming of Joe Montana. I will not speculate in the results for the next 6 remaining. But if I was Joe, I would put in there from now on Moore. As we all know, it is an absolute fact: There are no WR's and RB's. Those are nothing but crap.This is not a one man show. These are not the defensive units we had 20 years ago. Faster, bigger, stroger and much better trained. I don't want this treasure to be harm either physically nor mentally. So for the rest throw in Matt. If something bad happens to this Goose that will bring nothing but Golden Eggs, I'll personaly would go there and get medieval with all culprits.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 16, 2012 09:39AM

montequi Wrote:
> I still say we didn't need to force a long pass.
> What happened to our dink-and-dunk game? Why not
> throw to Fasano more? Why was the throw to Clay
> 20 yards downfield? Is that what TE's are for???
> Why wasn't Bess playing the slot? That's his best
> position. He's not a #1 or #2 WR!!! Why didn't
> we send Bush out in a short pattern against a LB?
> Why not sit Lane for a play and put Thomas and
> Bush in the backfield together? Why didn't we
> pass to Lane at all???

And particularly at the stage of the game where you are behind 19-14 with only 1:54 left in the game AND OUT OF TIMEOUTS.

What you HAVE TO UNDERSTAND is that you are not going to get any more chances at the ball.

You have GOT TO UNDERSTAND that they are going to be playing a prevent defense because their 2nd worst nightmare is for you to complete the long bomb for a touchdown.

WHAT IS THEIR FIRST worst nightmare. The fact that you complete a long bomb and END UP ON THE ONE YARD LINE AND RUN THE CLOCK DOWN AND THEN SCORE THE TOUCHDOWN.

But what does that mean for your team.....it means that you have to consider not only scoring but scoring and leaving TOO MUCH TIME ON THE CLOCK.

Suppore Tanny had completed that long bomb for a touchdown. The score is now 21 to 19 and a FIELD GOAL BEATS US.

Philbin lost the last chance for us to win this game.

Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: November 16, 2012 03:41PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Did you all really expect to go to the playoffs
> without any weapons on offense and with a rookie
> QB. And with players such as nolan carrol starting
> on defense?
>
> First of all Ryan Tannehill has shown a lot of
> upside and he has shown that he is the future.
>
> But when you have receivers starting that should
> be 3rd and 4th stringers, then you have no shot.
>
> 1. The phins receivers showed yesterday that they
> could not get open against physical DBs.
>
> 2. Jake long that i saw got beat once when
> merryman threw him to the floor like if he was
> made of glass. Jake long just doesnt have that
> strengh any more.
>
> 3. I told you this team was going to make the real
> deal tannehill look bad......With out a physical
> receiver that can get open the real deal had no
> place to throw the football. There was noone
> open.
>
> 4. Fasano missed a block and reggie bush got
> tackled in the backfield...
>
> 5. We need a couple of physical receivers and a
> superstar Tend who can block....
>
> 6. Both pouncey and long got beat up yesterday.
>
> 7. about nolan
> carroll..........CB..............Where should i
> start?
> We need to get all the scrubs like carrol away
> from this team as far as
> possible.................Give him some money to
> move to CHINA and disappear.
>
> 8. The OL cant open holes for the RBs to run any
> more....
>
> 9. The DL can't stop the run all of a sudden.
>
> 10. Fitspatrick struggles against every team
> except against the mighty phins...
>
> 11.Our defense is made of swizz cheese.
>
> 12. carpenter missed another fieldgoal......
>
> 13. when we needed 8 yards.......The coaches made
> tannehill throw a screen or a 2 yard pass....Too
> easy...for the bills.
>
> 14. Someone hit hartline helmet to
> helmet.....right before the real deals bomb got
> there and it wasnt called......And the homer
> announcers didnt even notice it......They didnt
> say a thing about it....
>
> But they call evey single penalty on the
> phins....
>
> 15. On hartline s fumble.......he didnt had
> possession of the football.....but the refs call a
> fumble anyways because the refs were bill homers.
> The refs are killing us every game.
>
>
> Finally...............The Real Deal Tannehill is
> suffering from having no receivers no TEnds, the
> OL struggling, and no running game
> whatsoever.......
>
> If Matt Moore was the QB yesterday against the
> bills, we we lose 45-14.
>
> GO PHINS.

This is such a rediculous deluded rant, I don't know where to begin.

The defense allowed 12 points - TWELVE!

This was to one of the best offenses in the NFL.

The defense showed up.

As for the offense... there is nothing special about the Bill's defense. The Bills DBs are not physical, and they weren't overpowering our WRs. The Bills D-Line was quick, and had its moments, but not applying lot of pressure consistently. The offensive play calling seemed to be way more pass than run, which was curios. Tannehill was having a hard time making decisions or accurate passes. On more than one occasion, he audibled into a blitz.

It is clear the team is more interested in developing the golden child than winning games. Too bad they have given up on the team so soon.

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins. Always Perfect.

Date: November 16, 2012 04:31PM

Date: November 17, 2012 03:56AM

Dolphanking wrote: As for the offense... there is nothing special about the Bill's defense. The Bills DBs are not physical, and they weren't overpowering our WRs.

More power to me.....saying that the phins wrs are a piece of crap....Many times they showed video and there was noone open.

We have the worst receiving corps in the NFL.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: November 17, 2012 09:10AM

We used to have very fast WRs. They are now playing for other teams. The ones we have are decent.

Date: November 17, 2012 09:19AM

The decision to release BM was correct. Whether it would have been Moore (who he specifically insulted at the Pro Bowl) or RT (a rookie who did not need an egotist demanding the ball all the time).

More slack should have been given to Chad O.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: November 17, 2012 10:06AM

I have no problems with getting rid of Marshall. He was too strong a personality for Philbin to deal with as was Chad. The type of players Philbin likes is the quiet efficient type. BOTH Hartline and Bess are quietly playing solid football. Hartline ranks 8th in the league in total yards, ahead of such marquee names as Vincent Jackson, Desean Jackson, Victor Cruz, Marques Colston, Dwayne Bowe. Bess and Hartline BOTH are outproducing Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin and Mike Wallace, names that have repeatedly been mentioned on the wish lists of many posters here. The rest of our receivers rarely get targeted because for the most part, the progression is 1. Hartline, 2. Bess, 3. Dump off. We DO NOT have the worst receivers in the league. That's just a bogus argument to draw criticism away from Tannehill and a mediocre o-line and, sometimes poor play calling.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2012 01:03PM by Hooligan2.

Date: November 17, 2012 11:02AM

I agree with most everything you say Hooligan but remember there was a guy called "Neon Deion" and a guy who guaranteed a Super Bowl win called "Joe Willy". One would have to be pretty silly not to want THEM on your team.

So there is a difference between an out and out a-hole like Bowel Movement and a guy who is convinced he is great like Chad Ochocinco.

Chad is more, in personality, like Deion, brimming with self confidence and unlike BM, a destructive personality.

If you say, like Philbin has apparently, that you don't want guys on your team with "personality" you end up with what Philbin has left, a bunch of slugs who may be good but not great.

In this league, you don't win with slugs who are just "good." You need greatness SOMEWHERE on your team.

But I think the Philbin player is Philbin himself. He's not a great coach. At best he can only be a "good" coach and he's not doing that much to prove he is even that. An assistant coach everywhere he went even small colleges no bigger than a large city high school. Just mediocre.

Date: November 17, 2012 05:09PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Dolphanking wrote: As for the offense... there is
> nothing special about the Bill's defense. The
> Bills DBs are not physical, and they weren't
> overpowering our WRs.
>
>
> More power to me.....saying that the phins wrs are
> a piece of crap....Many times they showed video
> and there was noone open.
>

They were open plenty of times. Tannehill was either holding on to the ball too long or just plain missing.

Tannehill clearly is overmatched.

Date: November 17, 2012 06:03PM

DolfanKing Wrote:
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Dolphanking wrote: As for the offense... there
> is
> > nothing special about the Bill's defense. The
> > Bills DBs are not physical, and they weren't
> > overpowering our WRs.
> >
> >
> > More power to me.....saying that the phins wrs
> are
> > a piece of crap....Many times they showed video
> > and there was noone open.
> >
>
> They were open plenty of times. Tannehill was
> either holding on to the ball too long or just
> plain missing.
>
> Tannehill clearly is overmatched.

I wouldn't stop this show for all the money in the world.

HAVE AT IT, YOU TWO!!!!!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 18, 2012 06:52AM

"Woulda, coulda, shoulda," that's the life of a rookie...plain and simple. However, it's not the chant of seasoned veterans. I don't want to hear if from Bush, Long, Dansby, and even Smith. Expect that line from rookies and that goes for Ryan Tannehill, and; I thinks it applies to rookie head and assistant coaches too.

Yeah, Joe Philbin owns a SB ring for his involvement with Green Bay, but he too is still honing his skills as the head coach here and learning what his staff can and can't do. I really expect some changes during the off season, letting some assistants go and hiring new ones with the hope of improving play in 2013.

I still like Joe over Tony (Fist pump for Field Goals) Sparano. BTW have you noticed how incredibly off kilter the Jets offense is playing? Hmmm. Enough said about our former HC.

While I'd like to see Reggie Bush really blossom as a back receiving passes in the flat and screens, Sherman has really not really tried this with him. I think that's a mistake. Reggie is never going to be the inside runner we need. If all the A and B gaps are being filled by defensive players on runs, no runner is going to penetrate that wall of humanity. The O-line needs to greatly improve. I recommend that Coach Philbin and Coach Sherman spend and hour reviewing old footage of Czonka, Kiick and Morris, specifically noting the exceptional play of Jim Langer, Kuechenberg and Little. Those guys were great and made holes for these backs to fill.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: November 19, 2012 04:19AM

It does seem weird to me...really strange...that they don't throw to Bush more. I was impressed earlier this season that Tannehill threw with such authority to his WR, but teams have largely taken away this preference. Bush can beat just about any LB one-on-one, and some early throws this way on 1st down could help with our 3rd-and-long conversion problems that have kept our offense off the field early in games. And, our OL doesn't have to hold blocks for as long on shorter throws. Plus, it could help establish a bit of a comfort level for Tannehill that could carry him into the game, and, finally, it would perhaps give safeties something else to think about rather than helping to keep a stranglehold on our receivers most of the game.

It seems simple enough and beneficial as I draw it up in my head...are defenses doing something to us to keep us from doing this a few more times per game, especially early in the game?

Date: November 19, 2012 04:47AM

chrenB..> Tannehill clearly is overmatched.

Also your mvp andy luck got beat 59 to 24 yesterday....Looks like he isnt ready to stay with the big boys yet....

Its gone take time for him and the real deal tannehill to get accustomed to the NFL.

Same talent ....more or less....they be good in the future.

Date: November 19, 2012 11:30AM

Date: November 19, 2012 11:45AM

and chren you are a loony tunes....You insult people when they do not see your way.

1. You call me a joke...

2..You call me silly.

3..a little child..

some others warned me about you...

They were right...

YOU ARE A LOONY TUNES.

Date: November 19, 2012 11:54AM

You brush by the fact that you were proven flat on your butt wrong by attributing to me that something a first grade reading child could see was written by DK.

Now you are saying that I am Looney Tunes.

And who are all these people that you are dreaming up in your head?

What are their names??

You are like a pathetic man overmatched in a battle and calling on your ancestors to help you.

Fact is that you made a dumb mistake and are striking out in anger and in self defense.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: November 20, 2012 04:14AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> I have no problems with getting rid of Marshall.

Agreed

> He was too strong a personality for Philbin to
> deal with as was Chad.

That's one way to put it. Another would be that they were distractions and didn't fit the mold of the team he is trying to build.

The type of players Philbin
> likes is the quiet efficient type. BOTH Hartline
> and Bess are quietly playing solid football.

quiet and efficient? I would say humble, smart and hard working.

> Hartline ranks 8th in the league in total yards,
> ahead of such marquee names as Vincent Jackson,
> Desean Jackson, Victor Cruz, Marques Colston,
> Dwayne Bowe. Bess and Hartline BOTH are
> outproducing Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin and
> Mike Wallace, names that have repeatedly been
> mentioned on the wish lists of many posters here.

Hartline actually ranks 10th in receiving. Wallace has been injured all year. If you notice, several of the players you listed are on teams that are having terrible years. NO, Philly, KC, AZ (no Qcool smiley.

That doesn't take away from the fact that Hartline is 10th. He is having a great year. A career year.

But someone is throwing him the ball right? How well did he do with Matt Moore? Chad Henne?

> The rest of our receivers rarely get targeted
> because for the most part, the progression is 1.
> Hartline, 2. Bess, 3. Dump off.

I'm not sure it's that simple but Hartline and Bess are the top two targets. The problem is now that teams know what routes the offense likes and are shutting them down for the most part. They are also playing more man coverage and our receivers, for the most part, cannot consistently beat their opponents. They are not consistently getting open.

We DO NOT have the
> worst receivers in the league.

I agree. We are not the worst. We are about the 10th worst. That does not make us good.

That's just a bogus
> argument to draw criticism away from Tannehill

It's a simple fact that most people will acknowledge. Not many QB's are going to be successful without talent around them. Let alone a rookie QB. Our receivers are not consistent enough. They can disappear at times.

RT is struggling. No doubt. He has to be better and make better decisions. At the same time, he can't do it alone. Like you say below...the line is playing like crap. Are you really expecting a rookie QB to carry this offense when the line is getting blown up and the WR's are dropping balls or not getting open? The RB can't run? Our running game has been shut down by nickel defenses.

and
> a mediocre o-line and, sometimes poor play
> calling.

mediocre line? More like pathetic.

and don't forget a defense that can't get off the field.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: November 20, 2012 08:23AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> chrenB..> Tannehill clearly is overmatched.
>
>
>
> Also your mvp andy luck got beat 59 to 24
> yesterday....Looks like he isnt ready to stay with
> the big boys yet....
>
>
> Its gone take time for him and the real deal
> tannehill to get accustomed to the NFL.
>
> Same talent ....more or less....they be good in
> the future.

Tannehill is currently ranked 30th in passing rating, and the last half of the league in nearly every other meaningful stat.

Luck is top ten in completion and yards.

Luck has been sacked more, so it isn't our O-line is worse than Indy.

Luck is simply a better QB.

There is really no comparison.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: November 20, 2012 09:57AM

You are wrong! AGAIN.

That why he just threw 3 int's against one of the worst defenses in the NFL....cause he's so much better than RT. LOL

He's had two 3 int games...same as RT. That's a comparison.

He's actually thrown more int's than RT so that's a pretty good comparison.

RT has throw for a 58% comp rate. Luck is at 57%. That's a very close comparison.

They are both rated in the 70's range. that's a pretty close comparison.

So Luck has thrown for more yards? He's also thrown the ball over 100 X more than RT.

Not really a vast difference for a guy who was the biggest QB prospect since John Elway....and a very experienced starter in a pro style offense with a great coach who used to be a QB..who is now dominating the NFL.

You see. It doesn't mean much to read or recite the stat if you don't understand the stat...or the game of football. Nice try though. Keep trying...or not.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.