HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Tanneyhill = Henne
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Tanneyhill = Henne
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 20, 2012 02:33PM

Crowder, the issues RT has at QB is that he is not at the point that he can make up for other deficits in the team. But Andrew Luck proved that neither is he if the opposition is really good.

RT's worst play has been late in the games we were behind but as I have said, half of those instances of bad play on his part is Sherman and Philibin calling for him to continually throw long bombs in order to win the game instantly instead of having him take a slow and steady approach to a tie or a win toward the end of the game.

So RT has never really "lost us" any games. At best, all he has failed to do is win ones in which either our defense or gametime decisions were losing for us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2012 02:34PM by ChyrenB.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 20, 2012 02:57PM

Tannehill needs more time at the position. His experience is still pretty low, and based on what I've seen, he is not progressing as quickly now as before. Not only that, there's more video tape on his play for opposing teams to watch and find out what he does well and what causes him a problem.

If you rush him, Tannehill does better moving with the ball than if you let him stay in the pocket. That is a sign of inexperience.

Most importantly, Tannehill is not at that point in his development to be able to engineer a come from behind win. The coaches have not made the right calls for him to do so either, nor is he able to audible changes to capture a win, yet. Give him time.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: November 20, 2012 03:52PM

I agree with both of you Colonel and Chyren. I would add that the inexperience shows greatly in his skills moving around the pocket and red zone especially. When the window closes and the pressure is on, his inexperience shows. RT is a raw talent...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: November 20, 2012 04:41PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I disagree that the teams issues are not at Qb,
> while I agree RT is our future one way or another
> and I obviously hope for the best. We have
> inexperience at QB, that is not helping us win.
> You can't blame everybody else but him for the
> lack of success...He is in the most crucial
> position for determining our wins and losses.. He
> is a rookie, so it is what it is at this point
> IMO.... but obviously 6 TD's 11 interceptions and
> 3 fumbles is what you expect from a rookie and not
> helping you win ball games...No one expects RT to
> win us ball games, we just hope he doesnt lose
> them at this point..

Its no coincidence that our losing streak has come when we stopped running the ball and defending the pass.

Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: November 20, 2012 06:23PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> I disagree that the teams issues are not at Qb,
> while I agree RT is our future one way or another
> and I obviously hope for the best. We have
> inexperience at QB, that is not helping us win.
> You can't blame everybody else but him for the
> lack of success...He is in the most crucial
> position for determining our wins and losses.. He
> is a rookie, so it is what it is at this point
> IMO.... but obviously 6 TD's 11 interceptions and
> 3 fumbles is what you expect from a rookie and not
> helping you win ball games...No one expects RT to9
> win us ball games, we just hope he doesnt lose
> them at this point..

Ain't that the truth.

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins. Always Perfect.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: November 21, 2012 10:07AM

THE Truth Wrote:
> Its no coincidence that our losing streak has come
> when we stopped running the ball and defending the
> pass.

I agree with you, but RT hasnt helped the situation either.. It obviously helps the QB, when the defense doesnt know what he is gonna do pass or hand off. Which is why Tannehill has been better under center then in shotgun. When the defense knows we are throwing, RT has not been very good. So I get what you are saying, but that is also a weakness in RT game at this point as well...

We got embarrassed by the Titans from breakdowns eveywhere, and buffalo didnt even put up 20 points..A defense that holds a team to under twenty points is giving your offense a chance to win IMO.. So you cant blame it all on everybody else but RT... Our redzone passing game is dismal at best, that to me is on RT's inexperience. The toughest place to throw for a QB is in the redzone, that obviously shows in RT game at this pint in his young career... I can see placing some blame on Sherman as well in the offensive production and redzone production areas...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: November 22, 2012 05:23AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> THE Truth Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Its no coincidence that our losing streak has
> come
> > when we stopped running the ball and defending
> the
> > pass.
>
>
> I agree with you, but RT hasnt helped the
> situation either..

Very true.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: November 23, 2012 06:50AM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 23, 2012 10:50AM

When you say that "Tannehill is not helping," you are right in a technical sense but not the way most people would take it.

He is "not helping" this "pitiful team which weaknesses everywhere except running back" but He is "not helping in the sense that a Peyton Manning or a Bret Favre could make up for such deficiencies."

However, I frankly have not seen him, as a quarterback, be the cause or even one of the causes for us losing the game.

True, there were last minute comebacks that he did not engineer but in every instance I saw, I disagreed with the playcalling in which, like Detroit yesterday, the coaching staff had him trying to "get it all back at once" by throwing the long bomb, when, in those situations, THE ONE THING THE OTHER TEAM IS GUARDING AGAINST is the long bomb. In those situations, you go to nickel and dime it. Not only because that is what the defense is giving you but to not give them any time for a realistic comeback, be it tie to force you into overtime or outright victory.

Our coaching staff (or offensive coordinator) is VERY MUCH LIKE Detroit's in that respect.

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.