HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Jake Long needs to do better..........
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Jake Long needs to do better..........
Date: November 05, 2012 03:42AM

I had to work yesterday (long story but Goggle cop Shot on the Tresure coast yesterday) But I caught moments of the game stopping by Duffys when I could. Both times Tanny was on his ass and jake was picking him up. I wear #77 to the games so it pains me to say it , but jake needs to be better. he is supposed to be out Lynch pin on the Line. The rest are suppossed to follow his lead. he is getting beat. And Tanny is paying the price.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jake Long needs to do better..........
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: November 05, 2012 04:09AM

He looked more like Marco Columbo yesterday than an All Pro LT....and that is not even exaggerating. Bad Technique etc.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 05, 2012 04:10AM

He almost got tannehill killed i tell ya......Luckily tannehill is one tough dude.....tanehill has the makings of an all pro as far as his toughness and attitude.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: November 05, 2012 04:28AM

I saw Jake struggle last week in the jet game. The touchdown pass to Fasano, Jake whiffed the block and Moore barely got the pass off. He's not playing well and I don't know if its the lingering effects of his multitude of injuries. What's all the more concerning is that this is a contract year for him. You would think that he's playing his ass off to warrant a big contract with Miami or some other team in free agency. Honestly, if his play continues like this, I think that we have another need position in the draft next year. Luckily, we have a good number of picks to address a good number of holes that were exposed by the colts yesterday.

Date: November 05, 2012 04:55AM

Pains me to say it , but you are all correct. Jake is not playing like he warrants much of a resigning he keeps it up he won't even get an offer.

At all the games , Jakes wife and Tanny's have become best friends. I don't see that relationship continuing much longer.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: November 05, 2012 06:39AM

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: November 05, 2012 06:53AM

He's making $11,200,000 this year. Highest paid player on the team. I think it's time to say adios amigos after the season is over, the dude is washed up.

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: November 05, 2012 07:26AM

It is time for this guy to go, after his injury he's been a TURD!

Date: November 05, 2012 07:58AM

I was so impressed seeing him play with 1 arm that season. Before he was an absolute beast. What happened to the shoulder? Did he lose strentgh? Did it cause him to workout diffrently? They really need to get a look under the hood while he is still under contract.

I really was eying a piece of real estate for you on the ROH. Neil Young said it best......Better to Burn out then just fade away. You were quite the Lineman for a while. sad smiley

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: November 05, 2012 08:34AM

There is always the compensatory pick we will get if he leaves.

They say KC will net a 3rd rounder if Bowe leaves next year but I'm not sure if that is only because of the franchise tag.

Ryan Clady is a FA next year. Maybe we can land him instead.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 07, 2012 01:12PM

808phan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He's making $11,200,000 this year. Highest paid
> player on the team. I think it's time to say adios
> amigos after the season is over, the dude is
> washed up.

As I mentioned in a different post, if Long is willing to sign a "friendly" contract, then I think Miami should resign him. If he wants big money (or his agent pushes for a big pay day) then it just may be time for Miami to let him go.

Martin can move over to LT and Miami can get another RT either thru FA (or even a trade) or thru the draft. Naturally, Miami won't get the top tear of tackles in the draft, but they should get one good enough to fill that RT spot. I'm saying that because Miami has greater needs elsewhere (WR & Ccool smiley.

I would hate to let Long go just to watch him return to his Pro Bowl level with another team.

Posted by: Ihatebrady ()
Date: November 11, 2012 05:42AM

Lol just saw mortenson break down Long with the "eye in the sky" segment. He looked gawd awful.

He better step the eff up or tanny's gonna get killed soon enough.

Date: November 11, 2012 10:35AM

He's really dissapointing this season for sure. This game is no different.

Posted by: gofins60 ()
Date: November 11, 2012 12:45PM

If I were the coach, I'd spend the next 7 games seeing if anyone currently on the roster can handle the LT spot. Jake is becoming more of a liability than an asset, so it's time to find someone else.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.