HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Carl Peterson coming to Miami?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Carl Peterson coming to Miami?
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 05, 2009 03:46AM

I know this has been mentioned on another post, but why? Why does Peterson need to come here? There is no reason. BP has his hands completely in control and there is no need for Peterson to be here. I can only see this making Parcells aggitated. I hope this doesnt turn out bad. I dont want him in Miami.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Carl Peterson coming to Miami?
Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: January 05, 2009 06:37AM

Living in KC, I get to hear a daily ear-full on sports radio about Peterson. The primary gripes about him are (a) he focused too much on the business side and (b) he didn't field a Super Bowl contending team often enough.

The biz side appeared to impact his personnel decisions, as he seemed intent on saving money and driving up profits. To my knowledge, the Chefs have been well under the salary cap for several years now. Speculation was the since a stadium upgrade vote didn't go the way the Hunt family (owners) wanted, they may have footed their part of the bill with salary cap savings. Whether true or not, the franchise is paying for poor performance. Arrowhead used to be packed every game...now, tickets can be had easily. Granted it was freezing, but I got my tix for the Phins game there a couple weeks ago for free and they were 12 rows from the field. That just didn't happen all that easily in the past.

Regarding not fielding a SB team, they had chances. They had a great D with a pedestrian O, followed by a great O coupled with a terrible D. It's not so much any one particular failing as it is that he had 20 years and no SB.

I would not like him to be a part of our franchise.

Date: January 05, 2009 07:34AM

I am getting a real sick feeling towards this situation. Not good.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: January 05, 2009 07:40AM

What a bunch of crap.. Just when you thing things are lookin gup here in Miami...this better not happen.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: January 05, 2009 07:46AM

I KNOW!! I will be furious! We dont need to mess this up. Bill will get pissed and leave takind Ireland and all the other people he brought here leaving us with Peterson who will probably try and hire Dave Wannstedte back.

Date: January 05, 2009 07:49AM

or Herm Edwards.

.....................................................................................

Date: January 05, 2009 07:52AM

OMG, I think your on to something. sad smiley

Date: January 05, 2009 07:57AM

I'm gonna go throw up now.......

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: January 05, 2009 10:53AM

If Stephen Ross is a good business man, I would ask him what the Dolphins are worth with Bill Parcells as GM versus what they would be worth with Carl Peterson in charge. Hopefully, his friendship with Peterson doesn't cloud his common sense. Peterson would be a disaster.

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: January 05, 2009 10:57AM

Is Stephen Ross stupid? If it ain't broke don't fix it.hot smiley

Posted by: cshashaty ()
Date: January 05, 2009 11:17AM

As I posted in the earlier thread, I'm not sure what Peterson would add to the mix, other than maybe business-side experience.

The understanding I've got is that Stephen Ross will be making changes on the business side of the house. I don't know exactly what those changes are, but it could be that the Dolphin Enterprises hierarchy of Joe Bailey and Bill Pierce is in jeopardy.

I'm sure we will learn about the specific changes soon. Even though Mr. Huizenga has said Parcells is staying, Parcells himself has said nothing, which of course stirs up the local beat writers. I think Parcells enjoys doing this, I really do.

Anyway, there seems to be something firm to the belief that Peterson is joining the Dolphins in some capacity. Whether it is on the business-side (my guess), and/or a reporting relationship issue (i.e. Parcells would report to Peterson) is just conjecture on my end.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2009 02:36PM by cshashaty.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: January 05, 2009 11:40AM

Parcells reporting to Peterson would be analogous to Tiger Wooods reporting to Charles Barkley on the finer points of competitive golf. Hopefully this is much ado about nothing, but if Ross chases away Bill Parcells for the likes of Carl Peterson, it will prove that even a total moron can become a billionaire. Right now, the Dolphins greatest asset and selling point is Bill Parcells. It isn't Jeff Ireland, or Tony Sparano, or Joey Porter, or Chad Pennington. What makes our franchise notable right now is that Bill Parcells is rebuilding it. He is the face of this franchise. To chase him away for a guy who's claim to fame is giving up draft choices for Herm Edwards, is nothing short of lunacy. Let's see... how many games did the Peterson-led Chiefs win this year? At least it took Huzienga a couple of seasons to make his first bone-headed move. We shall see...

Date: January 05, 2009 11:47AM

from wiki...

But Peterson has been criticized because the Chiefs have failed to reach the Super Bowl and have posted only three playoff wins in 8 appearances during his tenure, the most recent over the Houston Oilers on January 16, 1994.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: January 05, 2009 11:47AM

Him and Ross are buddies. Carl worked for Ross in the USFL and had success for him. So, of course Ross wants to bring in his buddies.

Friends hire Friends. This isn't a novel concept

Posted by: Marc D ()
Date: January 05, 2009 12:31PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.