HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ryan Tannehill injury update:
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Ryan Tannehill injury update:
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 01, 2012 12:20PM

Tired, SamSam. Not speechless. No point. Listen to Hooligan,

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 01, 2012 12:21PM

OK chren....

Date: November 01, 2012 12:25PM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can't agree with you there Sam.
> I retired as a Chief Engineer but right up to the
> end I found myself learning tidbits of engineering
> knowledge from Cadets.
> Tanny might have a leg up with his familiarity
> with the offense but, there is no way in hell that
> he has learned more than the basics on how to read
> an NFL defense. Moore has alot to teach him.

I respectfully disagree hooligan.....And there is nothing wrong with disagreeing................The same to you chren.

I think tannehill might have a few pointers to teach moore about this offense since he ran the same type in college.

There is a reason Ryan Tannehill began the season as the starting QB.......................He was just better at it.

Or else moore would had been starting instead. Just my 2 cents.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: November 01, 2012 12:28PM

Ryan Tannehill today-"Once I was named starter he(Moore) really stepped his game up, told me he was gonna be there for me, he was gonna do anything I needed to do, he helps me in the film room, we are constantly talking through defenses, talking through plays, he is my eyes on the sideline for me, when I come off, he is there to tell me what he is seeing on the sideline, so, He is about as supportive as a back up QB can be..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

And this is not a knock on moore either...We are lucky we have a backup QB like moore...And iam enjoying the season.

I just have my believes.

SamSam, you are becoming as medical as DolfanKing.

The only difference is that he goes off the deep end attacking Tannehill and you GO OFF THE DEEP END when anyone says anything that CAN BE REMOTELY INTERPRETED AS saying that TANNEHILL will not go down in History AS THE BEST QUARTERBACK EVER.

When someone talks commonsense, you go off the deep end.

Date: November 01, 2012 12:36PM

chren iam not medical about anything all iam saying is matt moore does not have any skills that he can teach tnehill.....and tannehill would become better for it..

thats all iam saying...

tannehill will become whatever he is going to become.

I would like to see him in the HOF i dont deny.....

But who knows what will happen.

For now iam satisfied with what iam seeing from the real deal.

Date: November 01, 2012 12:52PM

SamSam- Do you think if Ryan Tannehill starts he will have a higher passer rating in the coming game then Moore had last week? I am not sure, I think RT is capable of it, but I am not sure how capable of doing that if he is not 100 percent... Maybe he will, none of us have ever seen Tannehill perform less then 100 percent. Some QB's play more focused with less room for error when they are banged up. So I am not sure.... But I would hate to see RT be a little slow and have the opposing defense going after that leg every chance they get... Playing with a known injury puts a giant bullseye on your injury....

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2012 01:21PM by Crowder52.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 01, 2012 01:01PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> Ryan Tannehill today-"Once I was named starter
> he(Moore) really stepped his game up, told me he
> was gonna be there for me, he was gonna do
> anything I needed to do, he helps me in the film
> room, we are constantly talking through defenses,
> talking through plays, he is my eyes on the
> sideline for me, when I come off, he is there to
> tell me what he is seeing on the sideline, so, He
> is about as supportive as a back up QB can be..."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Excellent post. I love Matt Moore. He is a great guy. I am also thankful that the players KNOW and UNDERSTAND their role. Tannehill is the starter, Moore is the backup.

Philbin has done an amazing job. Can't wait to see the future! smiling smiley

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: November 01, 2012 01:18PM

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
I agree, I think the Dolphins and RT are lucky to have a guy like Matt Moore on the team in the back up role... Contrary to popular opinion I think his impact and support of RT has been very helpful towards RT's development... Which is why a week or so back I questioned if it was worth trading Moore, mainly becasue of what he brings to the team and RT even in the back up role... Pat Devlin can't help RT like Matt Moore can help him, experience is meaningful in all aspects of life and there is no way to buy it, you only earn it through mistakes and achievments....

Nietzsche

Date: November 01, 2012 01:42PM

I agree Crowder and Aqua. That's why, assuming Moore's contract is up, we should try to renegotiate with him. If his contract is not up and another team is willing to pay for him then let's listen.

But I don't agree with those people who said (before the last game) that we should cut him if contract is NOT up or that we should turn our backs on him if he wants to extend.

Date: November 01, 2012 01:56PM

Chyren- IMO, Moore will be gone, he wants a chance to start in the NFL and you can not blame him. He earned himself good money last sunday with his play when teams are looking to sign him in the future... We are lucky to have him the rest of this year... Although if Moore wanted stabilty in his life and good longevity with his NFL career, backing up RT isnt a bad plan.. I think his desire to start might outweigh the previous but who knows...

Nietzsche

Date: November 01, 2012 02:15PM

Yeah, if he leaves and signs a better contract, we can't help that but if there are no better offers and like, Strock, he is willing to stay, I think next year we will be even more in a position to contend and he might have to end up being our Earl Morrall after Griese got injured and winning the SuperBowl for us. I'm talking to those people who have basically said on this thread or another that, good riddance, we don't need him.

Date: November 01, 2012 02:57PM

Chyren I can promise you one thing, Matt Moore is the only back up Qb in the NFL who has posted a game passer rating of 147.5 and avg 97 or so passer rating in his last 7 games played with 2 completely different offensive systems, head coaches and offensive cordinators......

Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2012 03:05PM by Crowder52.

Date: November 01, 2012 03:45PM

Crowder, when even BNF complains about people bitching about Matt Moore then you know that person is "out there." SamSam is fighting a fight that no one is interested in. He sees it as an attack on Tannehill. Nobody's doing that.

Date: November 01, 2012 03:54PM

I fully believe that Matt Moore would have been traded and Gerrard would have been kept if Moore didn't play one of the worst preseason games I have ever seen when we played the Cowboys.

There were plenty of rumors that the Cowboys game was a platform for the Dolphins to use to trade Moore. But he was absolutely atrocious and teams backed off... We then let Gerrard go and kept Moore.

---------------------

Date: November 01, 2012 04:18PM

I don't get your point. Something's missing. If Moore sucked so bad I can understand why teams backed off. But what I don't understand is, without any other fact, why should we let Garrard go and keep Moore.

Is the thing you are forgetting to say is that Garrard got injured?

Date: November 01, 2012 04:54PM

Gerrard was hurt before the first preseason game. He wasn't cut until after the last preseason game. Just so happens, Moore played absolutely terrible in that final preseason game. His QBR was a 4. Yes, a 4.

I'm typing on my iPhone and I hate it. I won't type anymore. Hopefully you can figure this out.

---------------------

Date: November 02, 2012 02:54AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> Just so happens, Moore played absolutely terrible
> in that final preseason game. His QBR was a 4.
> Yes, a 4.
>

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Moore was 4 for 12 in that preseason game...If you want to pull out stats I can throw one at you, in the very next game RT was 20 for 36 with a QBR lower then Matts Moore's 4 the previous week, Ryan Tannehill QBR was 3.1... Yes a 3.1.... but unlike Moores preseason game that game counted.....

Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2012 02:55AM by Crowder52.

Date: November 02, 2012 04:37AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Crowder, when even BNF complains about people
> bitching about Matt Moore then you know that
> person is "out there." SamSam is fighting a fight
> that no one is interested in. He sees it as an
> attack on Tannehill. Nobody's doing that.

Please chren do not for a second put any words in my mouth that i havent said...

Matt moore has been in the league about 6 years and he has almost always been a backup for a reason.

First of all i said im happy with matt moore...

And this is the last time i will say this ...

Matt moore cant teach a better player in tannehill anything.........

Yes he will give him a few pointers etc about the NFL

He cant teach tannehill anything because tannehill has better skills than him.

Im done with this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2012 04:58AM by samsam3738.

Date: November 02, 2012 09:15AM

Date: November 02, 2012 11:17AM

all i was saying is tanehill will not become any better because of anything matt moore tell him.

Date: November 02, 2012 11:46AM

Date: November 02, 2012 12:25PM

SamSam, you realize Tannehill's primary coach the QB coach, went undrafted in 2007, signed with the Bucs, got cut from the 85 man roster early in the cut process, then went to Canada, to be the 4th string QB for WInnipeg for a year....That is the guy who is primarily coaching and teaching Tannehill... Matt Moore is Tom Brady compared to the on the field achievements of our 29 year old QB coach...

Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2012 12:30PM by Crowder52.

Date: November 02, 2012 12:28PM

He is a coach for a reason..........Thats why they hired him and pay him big bucks .....to be a coach......

Let me know when they hire moore to be a qb coach....

Date: November 02, 2012 12:38PM

SamSam he going on his 4th year of coaching total.. 3 years as a college coach with Tannehill..And his first ever time as a NFL coach at any level... Moore has been playing longer in the NFL then Zac Taylor has been coaching at any level... I think Zac has done a good job so far with Tannehill. I think Matt Moores experience has been invaluable to the QB room, he is the only guy in that room with experience... Experience has alot to teach IMO... If you watch the games as I obviously know you do, Moore is as invovled on the sideline with Tannehill as anyone... Tannehill still has alot to learn that Moore already knows from being in so many games when the "bullets are flying" IMO..

Nietzsche

Date: November 02, 2012 01:21PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> He is a coach for a reason..........Thats why they
> hired him and pay him big bucks .....to be a
> coach......
>
>
> Let me know when they hire moore to be a qb
> coach....

NOTE TO CROWDER: At this point, Crowder, you should give up. There's just no reaching this guy on this issue.

Date: November 02, 2012 01:45PM

Chyren- I understand his thought process on the issue. And in some situations his thought process is probably correct and maybe correct now for all we truly know. I just dont feel in this specific situation the thought process he is using is correct... For example, I am not sure how Drew Stanton is helping Andrew Luck... I am not close enough to the situation with the Colts to know... So looking from my cheap seats over here on the Colts, I would laugh if someone told me Drew Stanton was an invaluable resource in the Colts QB room towards Andrew Luck's development..
Granted Drew Stanton has not come close to accomplishing some of the things Matt Moore has accomplished especially in his last 7 games or so. But like I said I understand why SamSam feels the way he feels, my interpretation of what is going on is just different then his...

Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2012 01:52PM by Crowder52.

Posted by: Anemone1 ()
Date: November 02, 2012 05:41PM

Personally I believe Tannehill will learn much more and much faster playing than standing on the sidelines watching someone else play. Whether that is Matt Moore or Tom Brady. That's all I'm saying.

Date: November 02, 2012 07:10PM

Oh, Anemone, that may be true. But what SamSam was saying is not that Tannehill could not learn from seeing Moore play, something I agree with on some level, but that Tannehill cannot learn anything from what Moore teaches him with Moore's mouth.

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.