HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Gaffney? Richards?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Gaffney? Richards?
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 25, 2012 07:44AM

I'm wondering what's up with some of our players.

Jabar Gaffney was acquired on Oct 3rd. Any word on how he's doing in practice? Will we see him in a game anytime soon?

Richard Marshall will miss his 3rd straight game (4 weeks with the Bye) with a back injury. Is it time to move him to the PUP list? IR? Cut him? Maybe it's time to reward Nolan Carroll with the official starting job rather than having him keep looking over his shoulder. Carroll is only starting because Marshall is out....but we've won the 2 games that Carroll has started. So, maybe it's time to cut Marshall loose?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gaffney? Richards?
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 07:50AM

I read in the Sun Sentinal that the coaches were saying that Gaffney has made strides in practice, that he was learning his assignments and picking up the pace. Sounds like a timing issue with him and Thrill. Maybe we'll see him this weekend.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: October 25, 2012 09:18AM

I think Philbin is a stickler for his players being playbook sound before they hit the field. From what I have read, that was the issue with Gaffney. He doesn't want RT suffering any more turnovers because of wrong routes (Naanee) etc.

He has just beeen getting up to speed physically (since he has been injured and out of football shape) and mentally (learning the new terminology). He has played in a WCO before but probably a different lingo. I look for him to get on the field this week.

They want him to be that number 2 guy so Moore can concentrate on Special Teams.

I think we are way too thin at CB to be cutting Marshall loose. Hopefully he can return next week.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 25, 2012 09:49AM

Gaffney has had 3 weeks to get up to speed. If he hasn't gotten it by now.....

I don't think Miami can afford to cut Marshall. They are thin at the position and there is no one out there that is worth bringing in (i.e., can immediately play for Miami). Keep him on the roster and activate him as soon as he is ready.

Next year is when the cuts begin.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: October 25, 2012 09:59AM

Like I said it's not just getting up to speed. He hasn't even practiced since August 15th due to a thigh injury. You have to be in football shape as well. Obviously you can't run to workout with a thigh injury.

Philbin was giving him props this week so I will defer to him. Look at Armstrong. He came in September 2nd and was inserted into the lineup for the first game Sept. 9th and he clearly wasn't ready. He has a total of 12 yards this year. I am thinking JP learned from this and knows it's just a waste of a spot unless they are up to speed.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 07:03PM

We will most likely suffer a moderate cap penalty if we cut Richard Marshall since we just signed him to 3yr/18mil contract. He has performed well when healthy, lets at least give him the season before we talk about cutting him.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 07:15PM

sorry why cut marshall? he's hurt, when he heals he will play. what is benefit of cutting him now? it wouldn't help our cap, that's for sure

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.