Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Hoping for Philbin's replacement -- OR some additional radical revisions to the coaching staff.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Hoping for Philbin's replacement -- OR some additional radical revisions to the coaching staff.
Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: January 21, 2014 10:43AM

The collapse of this team when it mattered most -- against 2 thoroughly beatable opponents -- is 100% on the Head Coach. He's the MAN IN CHARGE and is 100% responsible for the product on the field.

And then after the horrific showing when we had an opportunity to get into the playoffs -- what does Joe Phlimflam do? Essentially nothing. Other than complement the Jets and Bills. What a total loser! The only way you set a standard is by letting it be 100% known that kind of poor performance WILL NOT BE TOLLERATED!

Some players and/or position coaches needed to be fired on the spot. Have some balls. Make a statement. If the ship is sinking throw off the dead wood for cries sakes!

But no. Mr. Crony Joe Phlimflam can't even cut his OC loose without crying in his sippie cup like a child about to lose his blankie. So that move was forced by Ross. I mean how absolutely SAD is that?

Grow up. Act like the HC and not some corporate facilitator or meeting event organizer. This is your project Philbin. So decide if you're into it for the "friends with benefits" action or are you going to do WHATEVER is necessary to make corrections including replacing a number of your crony position coaches???

If not -- get out of the way and give the fans a chance to have a real N F L Head Coach.

BNF.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hoping for Philbin's replacement -- OR some additional radical revisions to the coaching staff.
Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: January 21, 2014 04:17PM

I'm with you BNF. I'll probably put the dolphin NFL viewing aside for a season or two until Philbin is exposed as a fraudulent intellectual and him and Aponte and whoever else I deem associated with this mess is terminated from the organization. Fire the organ and sound guy too for putting that stupid jest sound siren in the stadium. Fire whoever approved the 'phins up' stuff that embarrasses me all the time. Fire the person who thought of the new logo and uni's, get rid of them all!

I just might examine trying out how it is to be a NY Giants guy in the interim but no other team is of interest to me right now.

Sell the team Ross or stop listening to Peterson, for pete's sake!

Re: Hoping for Philbin's replacement -- OR some additional radical revisions to the coaching staff.
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 21, 2014 04:35PM

the coach is an extension of the owner. the owner is clueless and satisfied with mediocrity and incompetence. Hell he can't even be bothered to stick around and wrap up the train wreck of a GM search putting it on hold for 2 weeks (I mean, why rush)?
So why should philbin act any differently? The phins are the only team in the AFC not to send their coaches to the Sr Bowl. Not one coach. Meanwhile Bellicheck is there, the jets and bills (who swept us) are there---but why should Philbin be bothered to attend?

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 21, 2014 04:37PM

Sell the team, Ross!

Date: January 21, 2014 05:45PM

I can't believe we don't have one coach in attendance. First I heard of that. Wow.

And I 100% agree --it's really hard to have any glimmer of hope about this franchise as long a Ross is the owner and clown in chief.

Really bad deal right now...

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: January 22, 2014 04:33AM

I'd have been fine with canning Philbin and starting off fresh next year. That said, I won't give a pass to the players who basically laid a huge egg against two thoroughly beatable teams at a time when one win gets them in the playoffs. It was two consecutive gutless performances by players who showed no heart when it was needed most. Hopefully, the new GM will be up to the challenge of replacing those players with better ones.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 22, 2014 07:43AM

This BS about coaches being at the senior bowl is completely overblown. Philbin has much bigger issues to deal with right now IMHO than hob-nobbing at the senor bowl, like working on a new offense and ensuring the LB's improve by getting with the newly hired coaches and making necessary changes.

It's not as if the team has no one at the senior bowl...all of our scouts are there, as is the assistant GM. In short, we've got it covered...everyone needs to just relax because the people that NEED to be there are there.

As far as Ross is concerned...he can interview anyone he wants to for the GM job and does not have to be in Miami to do it. He can teleconfrence from anywhere in the world and conduct just as effective an interview...the fact that he left town means essentially nothing except to the detractors.

We know nothing more about the GM search than the reporters do...and they know almost nothing. Just a lot of people serving thier own interests by spouting alot of opinions to sell newspapers and such.

It'll happen when it happens and be reminded there are still some good candidates out there that have not signed with other teams. My personal choice (Tom Gamble) isn't coming to work for us but that doesen't mean the guy we do get won't be any good...and I'm not upset about that fact. We'll be fine, just wait and see.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: January 22, 2014 08:56AM

There are several factors at play here....

1. We are the ONLY team in the league looking for a GM. We have little to no competition.

2. Most of what is happenng at the Senior Bowl can be learned from film except actually meeting with players or networking with personnel people, etc.

3. Brian Gaine (and our scouts) are there and will not be released (if at all) until after the draft. He is our assistant GM.

4. The "report" was that Philbin is getting to work with our new OC and that's all well and good but.....the draft is coming a lot sooner than training camp. There is plenty of time to do that (offense) work. Foregoing the Senior Bowl just for this explanation doesn't cut it. There is more going on here than meets the eye. They couldn't wait one more week to get Lazor acquainted? They couldn't do that in part AT THE SENIOR BOWL?

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: January 22, 2014 09:06AM

If (??????????????) Philbin is going to remain as HC he needs to be at the senior bowl scouting for several new position coaches like OL WR for starters.

And it's an illegitimate excuse to say he needs like 6 months to ramp up with the new OC. Total BS. He needs to solve the OL problem first and foremost and he ain't gonna do that sitting on his ass in Davie.

Philbin is becoming a total joke IMO -- from the crap that's been disclosed after the season by the players and other sources -- he is ABSOLUTELY NOT THE ANSWER! And honestly I cannot see anyone having any faith in his capacity to function at a high-level of competency -- other than scheduling meetings and organizing paper clips.

And lets not forget the ridiculous "fast-paced" training camp routine with things going in every direction at the same time -- but ZERO implementation of the "manic offense" during the season. This asshole spent ALL THAT TIME during TC pulling that crap and never bothered to develop his OL.

Total absolute waste of time. He's certifiably worse that Baby T at this point.

BNF.

Date: January 22, 2014 09:12AM

I just heard Bellicheat was there today sitting in the stands watching the practices.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: January 22, 2014 10:25AM

I agree with Ken's comments. There is so much more to evaluating players than what happens at the Senior Bowl. Remember that when Sparano was coaching the South squad in 2010, he fell in love with a guard named John Jerry. Too bad Tony didn't know that Jerry was already in love with every fast food chain in America. Would I like to have our new GM in place and in attendance? In a perfect world, probably yes. What I'm more happy about is that Jeff Ireland isn't there evaluating players for the Fins. That's the best news this franchise has had in a very long time.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: January 22, 2014 10:26AM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There are several factors at play here....
>
> 1. We are the ONLY team in the league looking for
> a GM. We have little to no competition.
>
> 2. Most of what is happenng at the Senior Bowl can
> be learned from film except actually meeting with
> players or networking with personnel people, etc.
>
> 3. Brian Gaine (and our scouts) are there and will
> not be released (if at all) until after the draft.
> He is our assistant GM.
>
> 4. The "report" was that Philbin is getting to
> work with our new OC and that's all well and good
> but.....the draft is coming a lot sooner than
> training camp. There is plenty of time to do that
> (offense) work. Foregoing the Senior Bowl just for
> this explanation doesn't cut it. There is more
> going on here than meets the eye. They couldn't
> wait one more week to get Lazor acquainted? They
> couldn't do that in part AT THE SENIOR BOWL?

People on this board keep emphasizing that the draft is upcoming and the organization must quickly hire a GM.

I could have sworn the draft was moved up? If so, there is still time before then.

Date: January 22, 2014 10:46AM

The SR Bowl is the BEST place for a HC to network for new assistant coaches. That's an absolute fact. But of course Joe Phlimflam couldn’t be bothered to leave home for such mundane tasks when all he uses is his crony network (with NO talent and NO NFL experience).

The No1 job of the HC is to put his staff together. Phlimflam has failed to bring in young, innovative teachers or experienced professionals with histories of excellence. Therefore the coaching staff is irredeemably flawed as long a Joe Phlimflam is calling the shots.

My opinion. Of course.

BNF.

Date: January 22, 2014 10:54AM

My point is simple. We have some serious garbage on the coaching staff that must be thrown in the trash -- yet its obvious Phlimflam is a titanic pecker head who is NOT about doing what's best for the team. He wants a bunch of his buds hanging around...

Even after the garbage we all witnessed on the O last season he was NOT going to fire Sherman. And now he's hanging on to the OL coach who produced the worst product in the NFL!

It's unconscionable. And in breech of #1 ethical obligation -- to produce the best product he's capable of and to hold himself and his staff 100% accountable towards that fundamental goal.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 22, 2014 12:35PM

Yes, but you are forgetting that there are reasons why the bad things that happened to the team this season happened...not all of it is on the coaches as a group. Not all of it is on any single one of them.

Yes, they are responsible for the product, no doubt. But there ARE things that happen to supervisors/coaches etc. Things that they get blamed for that is absolutely beyond thier control.

Life in the big city and all but just saying, its NOT always their fault, nor should they always get the blame.

Not a single one of you would run a company with a zero tollerence position toward mistakes...if you did you'd not have a company very long, because your employees would tell you to pound sand in a quick minute.

Accountability yes! 100% accountability in all cases and situations that's BS.

Date: January 22, 2014 12:57PM

I agree Ken but what ALL of what you say is also true. Just like the players can't escape responsibility, neither can the coaches. You need to tell that to some other posters on this board.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.