Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins in trade talks with KC for Dwayne Bowe!!!!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Dolphins in trade talks with KC for Dwayne Bowe!!!!
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 18, 2012 06:39AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 18, 2012 06:46AM

Cons: Bowe is playing on a one-year franchise tag, and there is no guarantee that he would stay with the Dolphins for the long term. The Dolphins have about a half-dozen pending free agents who are important to the team. Players like left tackle Jake Long, tailback Reggie Bush, cornerback Sean Smith, defensive tackle Randy Starks and Hartline all will seek raises and contract extensions this offseason. Trading for Bowe would add his name to the list. Miami can’t keep everyone and may be trading away the future to rent Bowe for 10 games. Bowe also comes with baggage. He was suspended for four games in 2009 for taking a banned weight-loss supplement. Bowe also has been in and out of the doghouse various times in Kansas City and wants a big payday. The Dolphins just traded troubled receiver Brandon Marshall. They also cut Chad Johnson after he got in trouble this summer. Can Miami take in another troubled but talented receiver?

Date: October 18, 2012 07:00AM

SamSam, you dont trade for Bowe unless he signs a new contract, pretty typical...Like what we did with Brandon Marshall. Nobobdy is gonna trade for Bowe unless they have a new contract deal worked out...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 18, 2012 07:03AM

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: October 18, 2012 07:06AM

So what do we trade. A 2nd rnd pick and Hartline? I would like to start resolving some of our free agent issues. Hartline right now is last on my list. I know he had the big game a couple of weeks ago but imho he is easily negated when teams plan for him. He has not had more than 3 td's receptions in a season and I am not ready to dump big bucks on him.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 18, 2012 07:44AM

Hartline wouldn't be in the deal. Not at all.

Matter of fact, I hear Ireland isn't budging from at most, a simple 3rd round pick. And he will NOT give up anything more.

Ireland is a smart dude.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: October 18, 2012 12:09PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hartline wouldn't be in the deal. Not at all.
>
>
> Matter of fact, I hear Ireland isn't budging from
> at most, a simple 3rd round pick. And he will NOT
> give up anything more.
>
> Ireland is a smart dude.

As you said, Ireland is a smart dude. He holds all the cards in this situation unless another buyer enters the market. Plus, we don't really need Bowe with all our draft picks and we could probably sign him in the off season if we really wanted as well.

There's no need to give up more than a 3rd. Bowe wants out and he won't sign an extension with the Chiefs. They would have to franchise tag him and pay him a ridiculous amount, since the amount of the franchise tag increases by a large margin if the player is tagged in back to back seasons. The Chiefs likely won't do that. So they can either trade him now and get something or hope that Bowe miraculously changes his mind and wants to stay after the season.

It has to be a trade and extend, which is the problem in my mind. The chiefs will probably look around and try to drive up the price for a bit, Ireland will hold firm, then Ireland will talk to Bowe's agent about an extension. We will not pay him BM money, VJ money, or anything close. Bowe needs to give us a hometown discount to come back to Miami and play football.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 18, 2012 12:43PM

I read the possibility on ESPN Blog.

That blog had the pros and cons of the trade. The con is pretty serious. He, along with quite a few other Dolphins players, will be up for a new contract at the end of the season. Can Miami afford to keep their players and pay Bowe, also? Would it be smart to "rent" Bowe for 10 games? If KC were to get draft pick(s) from us, what would they be? I wouldn't want to give up my early round picks; this team needs too much.

The blog also mentioned that Bowe has been a slight problem for KC. Again, Miami got rid of Marshall; would Bowe be the same type of player?

Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: October 18, 2012 07:56PM

And I've been accused of talking out my a*s. This isn't going to happen.

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins. Always Perfect.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: October 19, 2012 01:48AM

I thought I read he can't sign an extension until after the season because he was tagged last year, I don't see Ireland taking that chance that he walks after the season.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: October 19, 2012 02:22AM

Thats pretty cool. DK said it wasn't going to happen so maybe there is hope.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 19, 2012 06:08AM

I really can't see us trading for another diva receiver who wants big money. philbin wants "his" guys, wants to build the way they did in GB. That means drafting their own players.
The more I think about it the more I don't want it to happen. Isn't he a FA after this year? Can't see giving up a pick for someone who can be had for no picks in the offseason.
I don't see it.

Date: October 19, 2012 06:21AM

I agree. It's not like we haven't proven we can win with our group...and we haven't even seen what Gaffney is going to bring to the field. Could be an entire different dynamic. Not sold on Moore just bc of 1 td. Bess, Gaffney and Hartline looks pretty good to me.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: October 19, 2012 06:58AM

I like Gaffney but like Hartline a good defensive coordinator can control him. He (Gaffney) has good hands, runs good routes but not that home run hitter.

We need that game breaker receiver. Hartline has not caught 5 td passes in a single season yet (please Ireland do not drop a poop load of money on him). Bess has only 1 5 td season and Gaffney has 24 career tds. These guys are not game breakers.

Hey if we get Bowe next season and keep our draft picks. Plus Bowe does not seem to be a headcase, he knows what he wants.

Date: October 19, 2012 10:13AM

Seems I've read things in the past about Bowe that makes me think he is a bit of a head case.

I'm pretty sure he was suspended 4 game for performance enhancing drugs back in 09...and he did hold ou this year (not that it's unusual nowadays)

I think we just need a bigger/better red zone target. If Hartline keeps stepping up the TD's will come. His ypc average has always been high and with more catches the TD's will be there.

Date: October 19, 2012 10:50AM

Most rookie WR's need time to develop... So drafting a rookie WR, doesnt help the team really for 2-3 years... Not sure drafting will help us quick enough, so, I wouldnt be surprised if we go after a FA WR in trade or this offseason.... Draft a stud MLB, in the first rd, cut Dansby and his ten plus million and use that cap room to sign an elite veteran WR like Bowe...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 19, 2012 01:41PM

Most rookie receivers need time to develop but not Duper and Clayton. One was drafted in 1982 and the other in 1983, the latter year being their break out year but more importantly, when Dan Marino started throwing to them.

If Ted Ginn could have just known how to CATCH, he could have been that breakaway wide receiver. He broke away enough but he just couldn't catch.

Saw the SF game yesterday. He still is effective and perhaps the most dangerous kick off returner in football.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.