HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Washington and RG3.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Washington and RG3.
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 16, 2012 10:42AM

Washington is putting RG3 on the Gillotine...

I just made this thread to say im so freaking happy we did not draft RG3. This guy is going to get killed one day.

The skins are grooming this kid to be a freaking slasher QB Wildcat RB kind of QB?

I saw the last game against the vickings and trust me he will not last very long. He rushed for about 130 yards and it worked this time but how about when the give him a good pop on his head or body.

I thought he was going to come to the NFL and become a pocket passer. I was wrong. I know the running thing worked in college but here in the NFL?

If this continues you will see what i mean soon.

Im so dam happy we drafted Tannehill instead of griffin.

Griffin looks thin and tiny on the field while we got a QB with Dan Marino type size who is definetely a pocket passer.

I dont mind a changeup and for Thill to run a few times to surprise the defense. But to do it consistently like RG3 did it against vickings?

Wait until they game plan for him.

I wish him the best the skins are not even in our conference or division. But IMO he will not last too long in this league playing QB and RB at the same time.

RG3 is listed at 6'2 217? Yeah with ladies shoes on!!!!

Thill is listed as 6'4 about 230.

GO PHINS.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Washington and RG3.
Posted by: DarthHoodie ()
Date: October 16, 2012 11:03AM

Tanny can run too he's got mobility, just that Miami has smarter coaching that the Skins it appears. winking smiley

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: October 16, 2012 11:29AM

Believe me, if RG3 was a Dolphin we'd all be singing his praises too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2012 07:06AM by dolphaholic.

Date: October 16, 2012 11:48AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Believe me, if RG3 was a Dolphin we'd all be
> signing his praises too.

Singing praises until one good pop in the left knee.

I like the real deal Thill style better. He will last longer in this league. Just my 2 cents....anybody agree?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2012 03:54AM by samsam3738.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 16, 2012 03:16PM

But that's what they said about Michael Vick and whatever his problems, health has not been one of them.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: October 16, 2012 04:06PM

I think you're overstating RG3's "doomed destiny" outlook. Yes, if they expect him to pick up 100 yards a game rushing and consistently call the kind of plays to try to make that happen, he'll be hurt early and often (he already has). But RG3's saving grace is that he IS a talented passer too. If I was a Washington fan, I'd be worried if he HAD no other prominent skill set. But the guy is perfectly capable of achieving an elite level of success in the passing game, so it's really just a matter of how they use him and what kind of plays they call for him. Mike Shanahan is a smart enough coach to realize that RG3 won't be any good to him hurt, and if he doesn't, I can promise you that RG3 will outlast Shanahan in Washington.

Also, I wouldn't exactly say that Ryan Tannehill has Dan Marino size. He's certainly tall enough, but I wouldn't mind seeing him continue to grow into his frame by gaining a little bit of weight and filling out a little more over the next few years.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 16, 2012 05:24PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> But that's what they said about Michael Vick and
> whatever his problems, health has not been one of
> them.

wha??? vick is always hurt

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 16, 2012 07:35PM

Berk, he's played NFL seasons from 2001 through 2012. His only injury plagued season was 2011.

Here is what was said of that season:

Week 2 vs Atlanta Falcons: Vick receives a helmet-to-helmet hit from his own teammate, and is knocked out of the game with a diagnosed concussion.

Week 3 vs New York Giants: Vick injures his hand after taking another hard blow to the head during a sack and can't finish the game.

Week 6 vs Washington Redskins: Vick receives another helmet-to-helmet hit and gets up wobbly. Despite being taken out of the game for a few plays and given a concussion test, Vick is declared clear to play and returns to the game.

Week 10 vs Arizona Cardinals: Vick gets hit on the second play of the game and plays the rest of the game with two broken ribs.

Date: October 16, 2012 10:01PM

RGIII is a stud. I'd rather have ours though and the boat load of picks next draft. grinning smiley

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: October 17, 2012 03:00AM

RG III is a stud qb but not a rb. I get scared watching the kid play. I think the skins are crazy to call running plays designed for him. With his accuracy they need to keep him in the pocket as much as possible.They guy is better than Tanny but the skins are not developing his passing assets.

Date: October 17, 2012 03:53AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> RGIII is a stud. I'd rather have ours though and
> the boat load of picks next draft. grinning smiley

Exactly TCPF............I do not disagree about him been a stud but i think washington fans should be worried the way they are using him.

Date: October 17, 2012 03:58AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
> RG III is a stud qb but not a rb. I get scared
> watching the kid play. I think the skins are crazy
> to call running plays designed for him. With his
> accuracy they need to keep him in the pocket as
> much as possible.They guy is better than Tanny but
> the skins are not developing his passing assets.

I respectfully disagree....RG3 is not a better passer than Tannehill. I do agree he is more effective because of the running but IMO Thill is a pure passer and RG3 is not. Again Just my 2 cents.

RG3 has the potential to be a hall of famer IMHO....Yes he has that much talent.....Im just afraid for the kid....And like you say and i agree
............the skins are not developing his passing skills.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: October 17, 2012 06:05AM

Stats are on RG III side. Higher completion rate, better td/int ratio, higher ypc. I am still happy w/ Tanny but RGIII can be an Elway if coached correctly. The 2012 qb class will be remembered in NFL history I believe. Good arguments already. I loved seeing Wilson get the best of Brady on Sunday.

Date: October 17, 2012 06:45AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.