Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor yesterday.........
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor yesterday.........
Date: October 15, 2012 09:25AM

It was a great game and I enjoyed seeing the best two players since Dan Marino enshrined in the ROH. I was sitting 21 rows up from the grass in the opposite end zone from where they were enshrined. But I made some interesting observations among the two who were standing on the Dolphins logo at the 50 Yard line.

Both were shaking hands everywhere and were in the company of teal jackets worn by other dolphin Greats. Both made good speeches thanking thier familes and their parents for helping them get to greatness. But It was Zach that poised for a moment and points to several military veterans on the sidelines and thanked them for their service. Without them he said , NONE of this is possible.

But when the Dolphin Flags were removed from the signs and you could see the names on the ROH I looked directly at both men standing together and Jason was engaged with another person talking. Zach was starring at that Name for more then a few moments and through my Bicnoculors I could see his Jaw quivering . The Giant JumboTron was already off of him. Zach teared up. I'm not saying that Jason Taylor was not moved by the honor. But Zach was clearly Overwhelmed by it. He was taken in the 5th round and not supposed to be anyone special. Looking at him on the feild he looks quite ordinary. Small actually next to 6-6 Jason Taylor and other players.

Zach is one of those players that placed his best foot forward evertime he stepped on the feild. He played with every inch of his 5'10 220 pound frame and used his mind to go through every inch of game Tape and be that much ahead of the opposing Team.

I just think things came a bit easier to Jason Taylor which is why he was so offended and actually spent a year in a Jets Uniform. Hard for me to forgive.

I felt that Jason Taylor was moved by the Honor but kind of expected it. He accepted it and it was his pleasure to let us acknowlege him. Their was an air or arogance in his speech.

With Zach , I really felt he was moved beyond words and he truly thanks us . He also did something else telling that Jason did not do, He thanked Jimmy Johnson for believing in him. For giving him a chance. He thanked everyone he ever saw wearing a #54 Jersey.

The Guy gave me Goosebumps and I felt like he was speaking directly to me in my # 54 Jersey. I'm glad my son was there and I told him, don't ever let anyone tell you you can't do something. Glad Zach never did.

Long Live # 54!!!!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor yesterday.........
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: October 15, 2012 09:27AM

He was a stud. No doubt.

To think he was actually listed around 234 playing weight. I think he is now closer to 200 lbs. Looks like he has his neck back. lol.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 15, 2012 09:46AM

LOL.

Date: October 15, 2012 10:19AM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He was a stud. No doubt.
>
> To think he was actually listed around 234 playing
> weight. I think he is now closer to 200 lbs. Looks
> like he has his neck back. lol.

I don't think he was. Thats my point. He MADE himself a stud both physically and mentally. If you put his heart into players like Jemarcus Russell You would have a player of insane proportions.

On the feild now he looks beyond ordinary. I'm reading this book now on that Navy Seal that took out Bin Ladin. I'm seeing alot of simularities in the way they both think. A Navy seal sees passing and finishing not nearly enough. He sees 2nd place as the First Loser. He tood what God gave him and he played lights out on every down and in every practice. He was the bright spot for me this past decade.

I see some great Players on this team but none rise to the level of ROH greatness. Yet. thumbs up

Jason Taylor was great also. I'm convinced that we would be known as the only Team for going perfect both ways, 0-16 as well if he did not say this is unacceptbleand block that kick against the Ravens. He willed that team to winning when all else was lost.
But he didn't need to go to the Jets. Zack never would have done that , and he was courted. Zack truly loved us and Jason wanted a Ring for himself not us. I know it sounds corney but what Jason did Truly hurt and it gave Rex Ryan great satisfaction to be able to help him.

The last game he played in against the Jets helped earase alot of it though. But he has a different character and make up then his Brother in Law. Jason was a great player. No doubt. Zach was a warrior. Much different IMO. And is a Player I will always remember .

Date: October 15, 2012 10:23AM

They were both studs and made incredible plays throughout many years.

Too bad we did not had a QB then...We did had Dan for a while but his arm was shut then at the end there.

Date: October 15, 2012 10:30AM

Not that I want to get into this discussion AGAIN... but I'm still not going to vilify JT for that. Parcels caused that whole mess by trying to assert his will on a HOF candidate. He was notorious for doing crap like that.

I didn't see Green Bay or the Packers giving Driver or Ward a hard time about what they did.

Parcels is an idiot douchbag that can't succeed without Belichick.

JT was undersized as well. Even Zach was giving him crap for being skinny and said JT never weight over 235. How many DPOY awards have you seen go to 235 lb DE's. JT was a warrior. no doubt.

He has no different character than Zach. If he was I doubt they would be best friends or married to his sister. You are taking things way too personally about JT. Y Bell went there as well. We have players going to the Pats all the time. It happens.

.....................................................................................

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2012 10:31AM by eesti.

Date: October 15, 2012 10:32AM

eesti wrote: Parcels is an idiot douchbag that can't succeed without Belichick.

Agreed!

Date: October 15, 2012 12:03PM

I agree , Jason was great and it can be argued that he was a warrior as well. (I think his playing weight was 255 though.) but What bothered me was his comments made about The jets and Jets fans in particuliar just a year before he jumped ship. No doubt the Fat Tuna handled him wrong. But Jason had the oppourtunity to play anywhere, he did it for personal reasons. True Warriors Put selfishness aside. Thats just a personal observation though.

Both Truly great and most deserving of the ROH.

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: October 15, 2012 02:16PM

Zach Thomas has always had twice the passion, heart, and desire of any other modern football player and it was on full display yesterday.

If I were Ross, I would beg Zach Thomas to be involved with the team in some way.

Date: October 15, 2012 03:04PM

Actually JT admitted to playing at 240 and Zach scoffed.

Date: October 15, 2012 04:02PM

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: October 15, 2012 04:27PM

In my mind, JT could've easily been one of the greatest dlinemen in Dolphins history had he not gone over to the jests. But he did! Think about it...if they had won a SB that year like many predicted, you think he would've come back to Miami the following year? Uhhh NO!

He died to me when he went to play for Ryan and he's still dead to me now!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 15, 2012 08:39PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Long Live # 54!!!!!!!

Treasure, thanks for sharing your experience at the game. Awesome write up, I could picture the whole thing.

Date: October 16, 2012 03:16AM

Posted by: DarthHoodie ()
Date: October 16, 2012 02:22PM

Great writeup TC, very impressive. Do you have any books published? smiling smiley

Date: October 17, 2012 04:04AM

I saw a program yesterday about zach and taylor btw zachs sister is beautifull.

Brought back some memories when i saw My main man Timbo. He was one of the best runstuffers the phins ever had.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.