HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Pouncey on Tannehill....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Pouncey on Tannehill....
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 14, 2012 12:28PM

Pouncey on Tannehill: "We got lucky when we drafted that kid at number 8, and we’re following his lead right now."

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pouncey on Tannehill....
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 14, 2012 01:11PM

The "luck" was that we didn't trust the experts (LOL me included) that said he wasn't worth the no. 8 spot.

Date: October 14, 2012 01:16PM

Tannehill has completed 66% of his passes last 3 games. 2 games vs top 10 pass def

---------------------

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: October 14, 2012 01:17PM

No worries Chyren, who cares who was right or wrong........looks like we finally got us a QB!smileys with beer

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: October 14, 2012 01:21PM

My favorite things about watching Tannehill are pre-snap and his pocket presence.

He can work on ball placement a bit but really we need more weapons to create more separation and give him an easier target. Look at the Pats game and see how much separation Welker and Hernandez get. Welker might be small but when he has two to three yards of separation, its actually a pretty huge window for Brady.

Date: October 14, 2012 01:28PM

dolphaholic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No worries Chyren, who cares who was right or
> wrong........looks like we finally got us a
> QB!smileys with beer

I'll bump glasses with you smileys with beer but I'll give you a prize if you get dolfanKing to agree. LOL.

Date: October 14, 2012 01:31PM

Jonathan Martin on Tannehill: "I think he's got to be the best rookie QB out right now. Tannehill is balling right now."

---------------------

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: October 14, 2012 01:38PM

Aqua, where are you getting these quotes? keep them coming.

Date: October 14, 2012 01:49PM

I'm getting them from Ben Volin from the Palm Beach Post

---------------------

Date: October 14, 2012 02:16PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> Jonathan Martin on Tannehill: "I think he's got to
> be the best rookie QB out right now. Tannehill is
> balling right now."

No joke, as I'm reading this quote, I look up at the game mix to see RG3 running 50+ yrds for a TD, and Russell Wilson throwing a 50+ yrd bomb to take the lead on the Pats with a min left....gonna be stiff competition for Offensive rookie of the year, but Tanny is in the team picture.

Date: October 14, 2012 02:42PM

I wished RT had Sidney Rice or Pierre Garçon. Can't wait for him to get a legit #1 WR.

BTW, no chance RT gets ROY... He gets no publicity.

---------------------

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: October 14, 2012 02:44PM

Not unless we keep winning and RG3 starts losing.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: October 14, 2012 02:46PM

I think it's crystal clear that RG3 and RT are outplaying Andrew Luck.

---------------------

Date: October 14, 2012 03:09PM

Did ya see Russell Wilson. Darryl Lamonica, the Mad Bomber has been reincarnated!

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 14, 2012 04:52PM

This QB class is starting to rival '83.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 14, 2012 05:10PM

Tanny with a 112 QB rating today? 2 TDs, no Ints? Could that be right? Wait...DK HAS to find something negative to say. I'm waiting...

Date: October 14, 2012 06:09PM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> No worries Chyren, who cares who was right or
> wrong........looks like we finally got us a
> QB!smileys with beer

THIS^^^^^^^ (I was right BTW) grinning smiley

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: October 15, 2012 03:44AM

montequi Wrote:
> This QB class is starting to rival '83.

To early to tell this, but lets hope we got a Marino that actually gets a few rings smiling smiley

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 15, 2012 04:12AM

"The Kid" is progressing nicely. Each week there's a little bit more to expect from him and he's meeting that challenge. No intercepts is very good.

The biggest problem is that the offense is still mediocre at best. Hartline and Bess are valuable WRs but neither pose a deep threat that would open the field a little more resulting in different coverages and more offense.

Our running game isn't good. Reggie Bush poses a real threat, but his durability and toughness are not that good/great. He has a tendency to "cha-cha" looking for the right unobstructed hole to run through, and when there is nothing he runs helter-skelter toward the outside with hope of turning the corner and going up field. We don't have a consistent "punishing" runner. Daniel Thomas has the size but his durability and toughness isn't there. Lamar Miller may be the ticket to find holes and head up field, however, his blocking ability needs improvement. For him to play more regularly, he needs to become a better blocker, at least as good as Bush--and that's not a high threshold.

Bush is good when he gets in the open. Throw to him and let him make defenders chase after him.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 15, 2012 04:34AM

Guys DK is speechless.

Date: October 15, 2012 04:39AM

Ryan Tannehill has a better YPA, completion %, and QBR than Andrew Luck, all while not having a Reggie Wayne to throw to.

---------------------

Date: October 15, 2012 07:29AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Guys DK is speechless.

His M.O. is to show up around Thursday or Friday and say "he was busy with something else........but Tannehill still sucks"

Date: October 15, 2012 09:03AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Guys DK is speechless.
>
>
> His M.O. is to show up around Thursday or Friday
> and say "he was busy with something
> else........but Tannehill still sucks"

You ain't kiddin............................You are exactly on point.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: October 15, 2012 09:08AM

Not much anyone can say this week. Tannehill was about the only part of the entire team that played consistently well...and he threw 2 TD's with ABSOLUTELY NO help from the running game. He needs a few more games like this to even out the lopsided TD to INT ration.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: October 15, 2012 09:12AM

That's just the point, eesti. That's why he's gone. This is scenario number 1 of mine in the closed thread.

Date: October 15, 2012 09:32AM

Eesti good point......And a huge point.......Eesti QUOTE: without the running game...

Do you remember how good the other qbs were when we werent able to run the ball? And all those all out blitzes were coming?

I will answer before you do...

They hey were terrible and they didnt compare to the man tannehill.

DK i think you should wear the tagline i prescribed you for a while longer.

TAGLINE: Samsam3738 Was right and I was wrong about the man Ryan Tannehill!

PS. Why do i have the feeling DK is sitting watching the game hoping for the man tannehill to mess up so he can come here and say he was right all along.

Cant do do for now dude. Another week of suffering for ya!!!!!!!!! smiling smiley

Date: October 15, 2012 12:24PM

True that with a good running game, the defense ordinarily can't concentrate as much on the passing game but, on the other hand, a rookie is going to be tested which might even out the theory that Tannehill is doing better because of Reggie. While having a running game does assure that they can't pin their ears back and devote everything to the pass rush, testing the rookie QB is a priority EVEN when playing a team with a good running game.

Date: October 15, 2012 12:31PM

Imagine how good the read deal tannehill would be with a receiver such as reggie wayne?

Please we got nothing compared to reggie wayne.

How many catches did hartline had against a physical defense the rams have. Looks like they game planned for him or something he was nowhere to be found.

Maybe that opened the door for marlon moore and his first td of the season he was been singled covered....

I know having hartline helps because other receivers cannot be doubled....But still....I saw one pass that hit him in the hands and he dropped it. was about a 10 yard pass.

Date: October 15, 2012 01:33PM

Hopefully Gafney helps open the field for Hartline and Bess some, also, how much worse could Egnew be then Clay? Might as well give this kid a shot, he obviously has some raw talent.
It's been said alot about this version of the GB WCO we run, we don't really need a #1 WR, we just need an assortment of viable targets, look what Rodgers did to Houston last night without Jennings.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: October 15, 2012 02:20PM

colonel Wrote:

Daniel Thomas has the size but his durability and toughness isn't there.

Yeeaaahhhh I'm gunna go ahead and..... have to disagree with you there.... (Bill Lumbergh's voice)

I get erked everytime I hear someone say that. Daniel Thomas is listed at 6'1 228, and when I see him on the field he looks sooo small. Specifically he looks really slender. I remember when we drafted him hearing people say "yeah this kids got size, etc. etc." I don't see it. Every other running back I see in the NFL, they all look MUCH bigger than him. He doesn't look like a bruiser at all. He looks more like Lorenzo Booker than Ricky Williams. From the moment I first saw him after we drafted him I remember thinking ok so he looks REALLY small, maybe he's super fast??? As it turns out.... no, not particularly. So, what did we see in thi guy? I don't really get it. He looks ridiculously undersized. I'm not surprised he's been riddled with injuries since we drafted him last year.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.