HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Rams vs phins game thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Rams vs phins game thread
Posted by: Ihatebrady ()
Date: October 14, 2012 10:56AM

Omg great job

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: October 14, 2012 10:58AM

Need to finish this game with the ball on offense. Let's go!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 14, 2012 10:58AM

That was a bad spot on that last play. We were cheated out of two yards

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 14, 2012 11:00AM

Bush up the middle?? WTF??

Date: October 14, 2012 11:03AM

My stomach is turning at that run. Wtf!!!!!

The defense has been abused all day. Better hold it down.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 14, 2012 11:05AM

Come on defense step up now!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: October 14, 2012 11:06AM

Keep the pressure ON

Date: October 14, 2012 11:07AM

Their kicker looks scared

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: October 14, 2012 11:11AM

Great win

Posted by: Dolphacolyte ()
Date: October 14, 2012 11:11AM

I wonder where is the Rams fan that said they had the better kicker.

Date: October 14, 2012 11:13AM

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: October 14, 2012 11:30AM

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 14, 2012 11:39AM

Ryan Tannehill today: 21-29 185 yards 2 TD's 0 INT's. 72% competition and a QBR of 112.0.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: October 14, 2012 11:41AM

But, he had two batted balls so, he is obviously regressing.

Date: October 14, 2012 11:56AM

Tannehill had a solid game... Good qbr, doubled his passing td stats, zero turnovers, I will take it quite a screwy game...

Nietzsche

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 14, 2012 12:06PM

The pizza was good and so were the German beers--Oktoberfest! smileys with beer Oh, yeah, another thriller to the end....and we won! thumbs up

Hartline was pretty much covered today--nothing from him this week. We should all celebrate Moore's TD. Let's all hope that is one of a long string of catches and TDs for him. The Ram's D were faked out on that long ball to Moore. Good read by Tannehill. No intercepts today--good! thumbs up

Ram's were roughing our guys up pretty good and were penalized. However, the call on Chris Long on Tannehill was a bit sissy for me. That should not have been called on Long, IMO.

Just a thought? Does Jeff Fisher know how to smile? He kept the same unhappy expression from the moment he hit the field. Even when the Rams scored, there was nothing from him. What a sad sack.

It's time for my last beer of the week....it's time to celebrate our win! Go Fins! smileys with beer

Date: October 14, 2012 12:12PM

It's just obvious how much we are in need of a playmaking WR. When Hartline is shut out, our passing game is limited vertically. If we had a true #1 WR, they would demand the real coverage and allow Hartline to line up against their #2 CB.

We also have a real need for a CB. IMO, again my opinion, Seam Smith is a #2 CB in this league.

Hopefully Olivier Vernon takes away our need to add a pass rusher in the offseason. Would be amazing if he developed.

---------------------

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: October 14, 2012 01:17PM

A&O, good post. Don't count out Nolan Carroll or Jimmy Wilson from developing into a solid #2 corner. They seem to be getting better each week. Sean Smith is still developing as well. Right now, I would say he is a very good #2 corner. He needs to shut down nobody WRs to become a legitimate number 1 corner for us. He gave up a lot of cushion to those Rams WR today.

Vernon played great. Not a great game by our defense in general though, we gave up a ton of yards. Reminds me of our games against the Jets and Cardinals where we dominated almost every possession, outgained the opponent by a lot, and missed FGs that would have won it for us.

OLine needs to step up. They allowed a ton of pressures, although only 2 sacks. Absolutely no push in the run game as well. I will say that the Rams D is underrated. They have a good corners, a great DL, and a couple good LBs.

One more thing, Wake is a beast. He looks like lion the way he pounces on the QB.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: October 14, 2012 08:29PM

REALLY?????? Is literally NO ONE else as disturbed as I am watching us continually give Reggie Bush the ball on 3rd and 1... 4th and 1 situations??!! which he continually fails at! This is nothing short of asinine, especially when we have a bruiser like Javorski Lane or a pounder like Lamar Miller who are built for picking up those tough, short yardage conversions to move the chains.

Has no one else noticed this? Has no one else scratched their head when they see Reggie Bush getting the hand off on 3rd and 1, only to dance behind the line of scrimmage and get tackled for a loss?

Startin'n to get reeeeeaaaallll tired of watching this happen.

Date: October 14, 2012 10:17PM

Panteraize, even under the last regime, we had Lousaka Polite who was unstoppable in 1 or 2 yard situations but even people on this board said he wasn't worth keeping on the team.

When we got Javorskie, I said, "Well, maybe we won't miss Lousaka."

Then I got mystified by the same thing you are pointing out.

You don't run your small speed back on 4th or 3rd and 1. You run the big guy. You don't run the gazelle, you run the bull.

But ssshhhhhh sometimes if you question the strategy of the coaching here, you are speaking heresy.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: October 14, 2012 10:30PM

well, i'm guessing the Rams were looking for Lane to run it and didn't expect us to try to pound it with Reggie. So the first time, I'd say no big deal, we were trying to surprise them. A real head scratcher after the first time though. Reggie looks hurt still, hopefully he can heal up on the bye and return to form.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 15, 2012 04:37AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Panteraize, even under the last regime, we had
> Lousaka Polite who was unstoppable in 1 or 2 yard
> situations but even people on this board said he
> wasn't worth keeping on the team.
>

Polite was unstoppable in those situations, except for his final year with the Dolphins, during which he became more....stoppable. My recollection is Polite, as much as I root for the guy, wasn't as effective in his final year with the Phins, so we let him go.

Doesn't change the fact that we should indeed be using our current fullback in those situations.

Date: October 15, 2012 04:42AM

I dont know why we ran on that play to begin with.

I think a roll out to give our MOBILE Qb a run/pass option would have been successful. We had zero success running all day.

---------------------

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 15, 2012 07:39PM

Awesome to win. Had to work so I missed the whole day of football. Got caught up on the highlights today. Really nice to beat the team of a coach who didn't want to work here.

Date: October 16, 2012 08:44AM

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.