HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Haters....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Haters....
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 09, 2013 12:19PM

Heath Evans, Dennis Green and Merrill Hoge...

The latest hatist is Denny Green...

"I don't think Ryan's (Tannehill) a great quarterback," Green said. "So, the key is going to be, how can they overcome losing two great players."

First off, DG is right. Ryan Tannehill IS NOT a great QB. Speaking in present tense of course. No derr!

The question is "will he be?"

This is a moronic and short-sighted statement. For all of Green's wisdom this is his legacy concerning the QB's....

1st year as head coach he had Rich Gannon. Did he draft Gannon? NO. He had been with the Vikings for 5 YEARS prior and DG did nothing with him as OC. He could not make Gannon great. That distinction fell to Jon Gruden... who knew how to use him.

Dennis Greens answer for Gannon. Bench him in favor of Sean Salisbury and then trade him the next year for a 5th round pick. Salisbury went 1-3 the following year and got benched in favor of Jim McMahon.

He then brought in a player who was already great...Warren Moon. He played great but Green could only manage to go 8-8 two years later.

After 3 years he went on to Brad Johnson (while Randall C sat on the bench)....and then on to...Randall Cunningham....and then to Daunte Culpepper who had a few great seasons AFTER green got fired.

He then went on to run the show in AZ and had the forsight to bring in the almight Josh McKown....and then the aging Kurt Warner who he directed to a record of 2-8 in Kurt's first year as a Cardinal and then after going 1-4 got benched in favor of Matt Leinert who went 4-7.

So...Kurt Warner took the team to the SuperBowl AFTER DG????

Does that mean Dennis Green can identify great QB's? History shows not only that he cannot but that they usually go on to great things once Dennis Green leaves them alone....

Rich Gannon, Brad Johnson, Daunte Culpepper, Kurt Warner? Is that enough Data for you? 3 of those guys led their team to a SuperBowl AFTER Denny was gone.

So...Dennis Green is who we thought he was....a moron. I'll take his dismissal of Tannehill as a compliment.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Haters....
Date: August 09, 2013 12:53PM

Dennis Green couldn't even make it in the UFL. That's beyond Loser. F Him and all the haters.......Ryan Tannihill is coming . AFC East is ours.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2013 01:45PM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: August 09, 2013 01:08PM

Since when did Merrill become such a f'ing a-hole? I know he was a Tebow hater but for god's sake, is he that bitter he needs SOMOENE to hate on every year?

Date: August 09, 2013 01:13PM

I can't believe as a "coach" that he can't see how Reggie does not fit as a zone RB or how Jake Long's play/health has declined. Like I said....short-sighted.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 10, 2013 04:22AM

Dennis Green is just a frustrated ex coach....that sucker was frustrated for a while after that loss.....""THEY WERE WHAT WE THOUGHT THEY WERE''''

He is just a MAD BYATCH>

Date: August 15, 2013 03:25PM

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: August 15, 2013 05:41PM

seeing (reading) that kind of crap is crap but until we beat the crap
out of NE consistently we'll be subjected do that crap...

Truth is -- this franchise has not EARNED the respect its "history" would seemingly demand -- because extended periods of losing make you 2nd or 3rd class or 4th class...

that = NO RESPECT.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: August 15, 2013 10:43PM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> So...Dennis Green is who we thought he was....a
> moron. I'll take his dismissal of Tannehill as a
> compliment.

I was thinking the same thing when I first read Green's comments...when did he ever coach a great QB or a great team for that matter?

Exactly right he's a moron.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.