HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          #20 Reshad Jones
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
#20 Reshad Jones
Date: October 07, 2012 06:49PM

Holy S**t! Did this guy drink some kind of special energy drink before this game? He gets game Ball IMO. Some of those hits were devasting. He singly handedly stopped a touchdown and made the game winning Interception. He was ALL over it. I bet Zach Thomas was grinning. cool smiley This guy will be a pro bowler.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: #20 Reshad Jones
Posted by: DarthHoodie ()
Date: October 07, 2012 10:16PM

I have always liked this kid.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 08, 2012 04:33AM

Rashad jones is playing lights out. He had a tremendous hit for a 2 yard loss on a play.

We didnt had such a great pass rush yesterday and the dbs still played pretty good.

There were times when the Qb had all day and couldnt find anybody.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 08, 2012 05:02AM

Reshad has stepped up immensely. He is a playmaker.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: October 08, 2012 05:29AM

Even Clemons recoverd a fumble I think and has an int.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 08, 2012 05:52AM

What needs to be mentioned, and is barely in Dolphin nation, is that Kevin Coyle is a monster of a coach. He seems to be easily out coaching what Mike Nolan did.

I don't think it's a coincidence that guys like Sean Smith and Koa Misi are having their best seasons.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: October 09, 2012 04:04AM

A couple of weeks ago we mentioned Reshad Jones’ improvement as something to watch going forward, and he’s repaid that praise with some very impressive play of late. His performance against the Bengals was perhaps the best yet, as he showed both an ability to come down in the box and play the run, as well as drop back into coverage. He graded positively in the run game (+0.7) despite missing a pair of tackles because he made up for it with two tackles for loss. Safeties rarely make plays in the backfield, but Jones has turned into a very good player and made a pair of them against Cincinnati.

Jones’ work in coverage was also very impressive, as he allowed just the solitary completion on three targets, and for just 5 yards. With the interception to end the game, Jones now ranks as our top player at his position in the entire league. He’s given up a QB rating of just 39.7 when targeted and looks to have developed into a better player than even the Dolphins could have hoped.

From PFF

.....................................................................................

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 09, 2012 06:39AM

Wow. I take back what I said about Ireland cutting Yeremiah Bell. Looks like we found a winner in Jones.

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: October 09, 2012 07:03AM

Now if he could just get out of the way of puntsspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: October 09, 2012 08:32AM

lol...true

Date: October 09, 2012 08:47AM

That Punt thing was crazy , but it shows his knack for getting to the ball. He is a eager Beaver for sure. thumbs up

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: October 09, 2012 08:55AM

Vernon made a good defensive play on the ball on the last Cincy drive. The play was negated by a penalty but it was good to see the rookie playing some good pass D in crunch time.

Date: October 09, 2012 09:10AM

I think our interception rate might be a little higher than it was this time last year. Thanks KC!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 09, 2012 09:27AM

ChambersDeepBall Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now if he could just get out of the way of
> puntsspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Like I say......high school coaches RETEACH fundamentals, college coaches RETEACH fundamentals and pro coaches gotta RETEACH fundamentals.

One fundamental of a special teams players RECEIVING the ball is "IF YOU'RE NOT TRYING TO CATCH THE DAMN BALL, STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM THE DAMN BALL." No exceptions.

Date: October 09, 2012 09:59AM

Not sure lack of fundamentals apply here.

His job was to double team the gunner to free up Thigpen to field the punt and make a return.

Jones made the block. Thigpen did not field the ball. He let it bounce. He needs to get himself in position to field that ball. For one, he would have had better field position in a safe catch and two, he prevents the ball from bouncing into his blockers.

Date: October 09, 2012 10:01AM

The Ball took a weird bounce and hit him from behind. It was a 1 in a 1000 fluke thing. Can't coach that. Again at least he was around the ball. Fing Refs blew it when they stated that guy had control of the ball too.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 09, 2012 10:03AM

I agree stay the hell away if you are not going to catch it. No need to be near it so there is a chance its going to bounce off you.

Date: October 09, 2012 10:06AM

outside blockers are trained to follow the gunner. Not the ball. It's Thigpen's job to at least warn them to get back. He watches the ball from the time it's punted.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 09, 2012 11:12AM

I agree that Thigpen should have yelled a warning. It's usually something like "fire! Fire! Fire!"

However even as a blocker, you have got to have ball awareness. It works both ways. Not only do you need to be ready to block but you have to FIRST be aware of where the ball is. It's not that hard to do both. Like walking and chewing gum at the same time.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: October 09, 2012 04:49PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What needs to be mentioned, and is barely in
> Dolphin nation, is that Kevin Coyle is a monster
> of a coach. He seems to be easily out coaching
> what Mike Nolan did.
>
> I don't think it's a coincidence that guys like
> Sean Smith and Koa Misi are having their best
> seasons.

100% agree on this point.

Philbin has assembled the best staff we've had in decades. Better than anything JJ put together and way better than what followed.

I think you'd have to go (way way) back to Shula and Arns for viable comparisson.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.