HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Biggest roster weakness
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Biggest roster weakness
Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: October 05, 2012 01:42PM

What do you think the biggest hole on the team is at this point and going forward?

I think this question needs to be revisited since at the beginning of the year everyone assumed it was WR. Now, I am not so sure. That position still needs an upgrade but Hartline and Bess have stepped up and JG should be reliable if nothing else. I think a case can be made for corner opposite Sean Smith. Also, Incognito has not been as good as last season although the OL has been much improved. TE has not been producing much either but Fasano knows his blocking. So which is it now?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Biggest roster weakness
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 05, 2012 02:20PM

I'm not sure we should close the book on wide receiver after one game. Hartline came back and did good and that is encouraging. We got rid of Nee Nee Na Na and that was probably even a bigger plus by subtraction. But I'd like to see Gabney and what he contributes.

Even so, I'm still not seeing it as the biggest weakness.

I'm afraid that might be the secondary, followed by the absence of another pass rusher to compliment Wake.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 05, 2012 02:33PM

Before last week, most people agreed we have the strongest left side in football, which is why our running game has dominated due to the "strongest push in the NFL" on the left side. Last week, not so much, but they were stacking the box. I think our secondary is the weakest. I like Carrol and WIlson, but they are still young and unproven... Sean Smith has been hot and cold... He has given up as many TD's as anyone in our secondary.. Richard Marshall hasnt lived up to what he was billed as before the season started. I think the strongest part of our team is our front 4 on the defense, so I dont think you can say DE is a weakness, we have the number 1 run defense in the league.. on the other hand our pass defense is one of the worst...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 06, 2012 03:54AM

Defensive backfield is the biggest weakness.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 06, 2012 04:24AM

In no particular order:

WR, TE, Pass Rusher, CB, Safety

Wouldn't be surprised if RB next year is a need too because their is a real possibility that Bush and Thomas are gone.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: October 06, 2012 05:54AM

WR - Gaffney while a veteran is still not a long term solution
- Hartline had the game of a liftime still an anomaly not an
everygame deal. He is a keeper but a #1

We still need a #1 a guy that would make Hartline/Bess even better.

CB/S - Wilson has potential still think we can do better than Carrol.

TE - Fasano is underrated. Clay is slumping in his 2nd year. I still don't know why we dafted Egnew in the 4th

DL - speed on the edges, hope we resign Starks.

OL Deph

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 06, 2012 06:52AM

Seems like we always have the same defficiencies. At least QB wasn't mentioned for a change.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: October 06, 2012 06:57AM

So keeping in mind what weaknesses each of you have pointed out, what position would you like filled with a blue chip first rounder next draft?

I vote for corner.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: October 06, 2012 07:03AM

dolphin1423 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So keeping in mind what weaknesses each of you
> have pointed out, what position would you like
> filled with a blue chip first rounder next draft?
>
> I vote for corner.

Playmaker! First and foremost a playmaker, DE, WR, TE, Safety or DB, don't matter to me as long as he/she disrupts games.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 06, 2012 10:07PM

A shutdown corner would be nice. Allowing TD's on 4th & 10 are the type of big plays that loses us games. At this point I think our biggest weakness is the backfield. Seems like giving up the big play towards the end always gets us.

A big, fast, and physical marquee WR would also be nice to have, provided he can catch. Also, another pass rusher is naturally something that would be great to have.

I'm thinking the BPA of either of those three positions at our turn should be addressed in the 1st round and so forth. This of course is all contingent on RT improving and cutting down on his turnovers. That business really needs to stop in order to be successful. He gets a free pass from me...for now.

Posted by: woulf ()
Date: October 07, 2012 05:37AM

I think it's:

CB, WR still, SS and LB.

On that same subject I worry about depth on the OL and DL. I'd like to see our backups be stronger there more than anywhere else.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.