HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Promise
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Promise
Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: October 05, 2012 04:13AM

I think this team shows promise. I was away on vacation and didnt get to post until now. I really like Tanny, we definetly have a QB of the future. Now we just need to finish these games and not give up at the end. 2 weeks in a row OT losses...not good but we do show some heart and the coaching is improving. Looking towards the next 3 years as we build a stronger better team. We will probably own this division in 3.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Promise
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 05, 2012 10:03AM

I see the Fins improving this year, game by game, and that means Tanney is growing. He still has a way to go, but he is doing well, so far.

Next year's draft should produce immediate starters at the WR and LB positions, if not CB. Get those positions straightened out, and the Fins will contend.

The following year will be the major push for the championship game.

Of course, this is all depending on whether or not we are able to resign our veterans, and if some leave, hopefully we can get other veterans to come in and (hopefully) have even better seasons.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: October 05, 2012 11:29AM

captkoi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I see the Fins improving this year, game by game,
> and that means Tanney is growing. He still has a
> way to go, but he is doing well, so far.
>
> Next year's draft should produce immediate
> starters at the WR and LB positions, if not CB.
> Get those positions straightened out, and the Fins
> will contend.

Hopefully we can get one immediate starter at WR and another high potential young guy to put in sub packages. I like our LBs quite a bit actually, they are all playing well. CB is a huge need and hopefully our first round pick, Richard Marshall needs to move to the slot, Jimmy Wilson back to S, and Nolan Carroll to the bench.

>
> Of course, this is all depending on whether or not
> we are able to resign our veterans, and if some
> leave, hopefully we can get other veterans to come
> in and (hopefully) have even better seasons.

Agree and I'm hopeful we keep most of them on reasonable deals. Have to keep Bush, Long, Starks, Smith, Misi, Reshad Jones, Jerry, and Hartline. Could let go of Incognito, Fasano, Bess, Burnett, Dansby, and Clemons when their contracts expire so long as we have adequate replacements ready to go.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 05, 2012 11:31AM

if QB is solved, the rest becomes easy.
we've got a ton of draft picks and cap space (though cap space is overrated since we've got a lot of our own guys expiring). Focus on WR and DB and BPA for depth everywhere. We'll be OK.
IF RT is the real deal.

Date: October 05, 2012 11:39AM

Berk, I agree that it becomes a lot easier to fill out the roster and make the playoffs.

However, to win SBs it is not so easy. Peyton and Brees have played at a top tier level for a combined 20 seasons and they have two SBs to show for it. And only when the rest of the team was good enough did they win.

With a Franchise QB, you can be like those teams who are consistently playoff teams and might win a SB or you can be like the Packers now or the Patriots of 01-08. To become a dynasty you need difference makers everywhere and no significant roster holes.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 05, 2012 03:19PM

hell i don't care about a dynasty, at this point lets make the freaking playoffs and maybe the suprbowl for a change

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 06, 2012 04:29AM

How funny (and a bit odd) is it that we already have the 2nd best QB in the AFC East?

Sanchez is terrible. Still have no clue how Colin Cowherd believes Sanchez is elite.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: October 06, 2012 06:44AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How funny (and a bit odd) is it that we already
> have the 2nd best QB in the AFC East?

It's funny that we had the 2nd best QB in the AFC East last year in Moore and now we have Tannehill as 2nd best in the AFC East. So really, we have the 2nd and 3rd best QBs in the AFC East. Hilarious.

> Sanchez is terrible. Still have no clue how Colin
> Cowherd believes Sanchez is elite.

Probably has something to do with Cowherd being an idiot.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: October 08, 2012 10:24AM

James Walker asked a question today about the Dolphins being the 2nd best team in the AFC East.

Take a look at the point differential (net points) in the AFC East....

NE +52
Miami 0
Jets -28
Buf -58

I don't think it's much of a riddle.

If you look at the entire AFC....WE RANK 7th as a team which puts us in the hunt. The 3-1 Bengals that we beat are ranked 8th.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 08, 2012 10:57AM

LOL. If we had run out the clock as much as we could have against Arizona, that's plus 7, and if we gotten closer for the winning FG in overtime against the Jets that's an additional plus 3 so we really could have been at plus 10 and if you take away those two 3 pts losses in overtime, we would be at plus 16.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.