HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Want some interesting stats?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Want some interesting stats?
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 03, 2012 07:49AM

- We have had the most passes thrown against us in NFL, but have allowed 3rd-lowest completion pct (54%)

- Only 3 rookies in NFL history have passed for 1K+ yards in team's 1st 4 games of season: RGIII, Tannehill & Cam Newton

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Want some interesting stats?
Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: October 03, 2012 08:15AM

Interesting. Those pass attempts are skewing our Pass D rating probably because teams realize they can't run so they just pass. Still need to hold up better in crunchtime on D but I think the secondary play is much improved.

Loving the second stat, Tanny just needs to keep grinding.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 03, 2012 09:00AM

Every week "The Kid" gets better. He's progressing nicely. Let's see how things improve with the addition of J. Gaffney. Gaffney, Bess and Hartline could be a great receiving trio. cool smiley

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: October 03, 2012 09:05AM

How about these stats? (This should really ruffle some feathers) OK, it's a bit skewed for Hartline.

Brian Hartline is on Pace for 1820 yards and 4 TD's

Davone Bess: 1188 yards

Reggie Bush 1476 yards and 8 Td's

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 03, 2012 09:08AM

I remember someone saying before the draft that RT was just about as good as RGIII. His stats support that!

Date: October 03, 2012 10:01AM

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 03, 2012 10:06AM

dolphin1423 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Interesting. Those pass attempts are skewing our
> Pass D rating probably because teams realize they
> can't run so they just pass. Still need to hold
> up better in crunchtime on D but I think the
> secondary play is much improved.
>
> Loving the second stat, Tanny just needs to keep
> grinding.

Not so sure our pass D has improved, but I guess if the numbers say so....

On that note; read this AM where our DB ranks is getting low--Marshall and Carrol didn't practice. Miami had to bring up a practice player for the regular squad.

Yes, RT needs to keep improving, especially his turnovers. Granted, some of those were not on him, but in the books, they are. Need much improvement from the whole offensive side of the ball.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 03, 2012 10:13AM

I think without Tanny's quick release of the ball we would not have been in our two overtime loss games.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: October 03, 2012 10:29AM

The thing is...there are too many positives or indicators that we will be successfull.

One thing slowing our growth is the learning curve for RT. BUT one thing he has proven is that he learns as fast as anyone ever has. With only 19 starts in college and the leap he took last week....pretty impressive.

The point is HE LEARNS so I have little doubt he will learn his lesson about ball security. The only problem is he still has to depend on his teammates. Lane, Incog, Naanee. 1/3 of the problem is fixed. I am not that worried about the other two.

Other indicators we will be successful....

We can run the ball and stop the run in the top 5 ranks. Most pundits will tell you...if you can do that you will be successful

We can pass against good defenses. In this modern day NFL you have to be able to pass and get those mysterious chunk yardage plays.

We have a good Special Teams overall. Good coverage and return teams and punter. Now we just have to fix Carpenter.

Did anyone think that we would have so much hope and so little holes to fill? CB and K. Carpenter will either get it together or be waived just like Naanee was this week.

Our achilles heel right now is CB. We are stretched thin. Not sure Vontae would be a great help to us. We may need to make a BIG trade here if at all possible. It may have to be for a team that has little playoff aspirations that also has a good CB. (and needs draft picks). Not to many teams out there with an abundance of good CB's. Where is Pacman? just kidding....kinda.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 03, 2012 10:47AM

Here is what I have always been told about elite QB's.....

They ALWAYS make EVERYBODY around them better. So if that be the case, Hartline, Bess, and Reggie Bush are having their best seasons of their careers.

What does that say about RT?

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 04, 2012 06:58AM

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 05, 2012 10:16AM

Nah, Tanney will not be the next version of Marino; but he will be the next great QB for the Miami Dolphins. No one can be compared to Danny. Hell, Griese is a HOF QB and he doesn't even come close to Dan.

Tanney has the mobility, no doubt about it, where Dan could only side-step the big boys (but he was the best at it). Dan had a cannon for an arm and the quickest release the NFL had ever seen. RT has a strong arm, but not a cannon. Once Tanney learns how to find those passing lanes and read defenses a little better, he will be in the upper echelon of NFL QBs.

Right now, Tanney is a good QB and that's about it, FOR NOW. I do see him improving each game and by the end of this season, he will be compared to Luck and Griffith as one of the top QBs in the 2012 draft and Ireland was right on with this pick.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.