HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          How many people have been proven wrong?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
How many people have been proven wrong?
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: October 02, 2012 04:23PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How many people have been proved wrong?
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: October 02, 2012 04:38PM

Some good points, but we still can't finish and are 1-3 and Cincy is pretty hot. Hopefully our D can shut them down

Would like too see Amaya instead of Wilson

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 02, 2012 04:51PM

our WRs are bad. sorry not letting one huge game by hartline which skews the numbers warp reality. and who is our #3 wr? armstrong? puhleeze

Posted by: DarthHoodie ()
Date: October 02, 2012 06:01PM

I'm still not convinced this defense is upper echelon. I need to see more games, although they are much better then what I thought they'd be that is for certain. I like RT a lot, buy he needs more weapons a true go-to receiver will do wonders for him. Someone like Fitz, Andre, Megatron, or some new guy out of college like.....Keenan Allen? Although he could be Brandon Marshall II, because he drops lots of balls.

Date: October 02, 2012 06:10PM

Our WR's are bad? eye rolling smiley

Our number 3 is Jabbar Gaffney. almost 1000 yards last year.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Re: How many people have been proven wrong?
Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: October 02, 2012 07:32PM

Talk about delusions.

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins. Always Perfect.

Date: October 02, 2012 11:50PM

Not me. And I will smoosh your face in it King. I garanteed we would at least go .500 after they started us at #32 And stated Tanny was a stretch and a Bust. Just wait until next year! We will be contending by 2015.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: October 03, 2012 08:10AM

TCPF, contending for the superbowl in 2015 i hope you mean. I think we will be legit contenders in the playoff race next season.

also, i think our safety play has been pretty good. Much better tackling and not many big plays. Reshad Jones is turning into a good player and it will be interesting to see his ceiling. Clemons could be upgraded at some point but not as urgent as getting a CB opposite Sean Smith and moving Richard Marshall to his more natural nickelback position. Opposing QBs are definitely avoiding Smith most of the time and testing Marshall constantly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2012 08:12AM by dolphin1423.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: October 03, 2012 08:32AM

I suppopse the initia post does give some reason for hope, and its been a long time since we led and stats.

Bottom line though, we need the Ws. We've lost twice in OT. Gotta learn how to finish games. But at least were close.

Date: October 03, 2012 10:09AM

dolphin1423 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TCPF, contending for the superbowl in 2015 i hope
> you mean. I think we will be legit contenders in
> the playoff race next season.
>
>

Yes the Big Dance. Thats all I think about, I became a fan of the Phins in 73' at 7 yrs old and missed all the hoopla. Since then I've had nothing but 40 yrs of dissapointments and heartbreak watching Dan never reach what so many lesser QB's have. 2015 We Own the Pats and the AFC easily.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 03, 2012 11:11AM

Some people cant stand that their predictions of tannehill stinking and becoming a bust didnt come true. Hah.

Date: October 04, 2012 12:27AM

You need to see him live. he is so fast when he rolls out. They can't catch him and he throws perfect spirals as he's running. he gets caught here and there , but for the most part he's so elusive. And his Play action! Twice he got me so bad following Bush as he just fadded back and lit it up. He's special. I don't know about RGIII , but I'm glad we took him over Luck. He's started maybe 19 games ever? 400 yds? 1000 already? REALLY? Sunny days are finally ahead for Miami. smiling smiley

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 04, 2012 08:28AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> our WRs are bad. sorry not letting one huge game
> by hartline which skews the numbers warp reality.
> and who is our #3 wr? armstrong? puhleeze

thumbs up

Right on. Let's not get carried away. Only Hartline has performed well. To say that our problems at WR are only imaginary is really being silly. Let's hope Jabbar makes it better.

Date: October 04, 2012 11:10AM

bess has performed well too.

Date: October 05, 2012 03:15AM

Only Hartline has performed well?????? Davone Bess ranks in the top-five in 3rd down yards and third-down catches.

Our only problem at WR this year has been beyond our 1 and 2. Specifically, Legadrop Nono. Now we have a proven guy who seems to be getting better with age. it sure as hell wasn't the QB he had in Washington last year.

We have the most productive duo in the NFL right now. 752 combines yards. Those are the facts. Will it continue? Who knows?

.....................................................................................

Date: October 05, 2012 04:34AM

eesti if it was just one having success it would be more easy to gameplan against us....But 2 are more difficult to gameplan.

Thats why i believe if tannehill keeps doing well then i see no reason why
we should see a dropoff in performance from both bess and hartline.

That hartline gets over 200 yards receiving again this year, probably will not happen, but i think he will have many more great games receiving. Barrying injury.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: October 05, 2012 05:18AM

Ifyou really watch the games every week like I do then you would see that Bess has not been covered ever since he has been here.

Hartline OFTEN got open deep, but Henne would check down and throw to the RB.

Now we have a QB that can get them the ball....

Both of those WR are very good!!!

Date: October 05, 2012 05:38AM

Bess may have taken another step or be a better fit for this offense or just has a QB with an arm or all the above.

He seems to be making longer catches this year. He is definitely a chain mover.

I hope we get a look at Gaffney this week!

I expected to see more of Bush as a wideout this year but it hasn't happened. He's running the ball to well I guess. Not many check downs for RT. It would be nice to get Bush involved in the passing game.

I would also like to see the play where Lane catches the ball in the flat and kills people.

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: October 05, 2012 05:51AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Some people cant stand that their predictions of
> tannehill stinking and becoming a bust didnt come
> true. Hah.

I am with you samsam. Some posters on this site love to live in doom and gloom if predictions don't suit their interests/ideals. F 'em I say, I am very happy the direction this team is going and for ONCE IN MANY MANY YEARS I am happy to watch, win or loss!!

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: October 05, 2012 06:23AM

We are on the way up no doubt bout it. Those folks talking about the WR's are the same whiny bunch. We could not fix everything in one year. The players are out there busting there tails and you cannot beat that.Hartline may not be a #1 but he is stepping up to the plate. We will make another jump next year w/ 5 picks in the top 3 and if players like Thomas and Clay don't fit the new O they have some trade value too.

Date: October 05, 2012 07:04AM

let's be realistic here. We are 1 - 3. There are some good things I've seen so far, the biggest one by far is that it seems like we finally have a QB in RT, and that shortcicuits the path to contention by a huge amount and that alone will make the season a success, regardless of record.

But to start going down this roster and naming folks like it is loaded with all star talent is just desluional. We've got some good players at OL, a good #2 and #3 WR (Hartline and Bess) but nothing else at the position (Gaffney? come on, he was out of work till 2 days ago), some nice players in the front 7 but aside from Wake no star players, some nice players at RB (Dan Thomas excluded), but garbage in the secondary and very little depth at most every position on the team.

I am all for looking on the bright side but gloating about people "being proven wrong" in the midst of a 1-3 start seems a little ridiculous.

Date: October 05, 2012 07:12AM

Berkley what you say is more reason to believe tannehill is the qb of the future for this team.

Next year is a start....we will pick high and we will get a couple of receivers that will compliment him maybe a TEnd as well.

We need corners, safties and maybe another LB to compliment missi.

we have the ammunition next year for the draft and im glad we havent given away these picks that we have for anybody..

Can you imagine if we had given away a pick for armstrong?

He is a total bust..

Im so glad we are not doing what we did years before...a pick for feely? GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This organization has realized that Tannehill is indeed the qb of the future and they are about surround him with talent starting with next year's draft.

The Miami Dolphins Organization is taken a turn for the better this year.

A great QB can do wonders for a team can it?

GO PHINS.

PS. THE MAN RYAN TANNEHILL IS MAKING EVERYBODY LOOK BETTER.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2012 07:14AM by samsam3738.

Date: October 05, 2012 07:35AM

Date: October 05, 2012 08:03AM

gloating over a 1-3 record bothers me. we should expect more from our team.

Date: October 05, 2012 08:05AM

Eesti...............maybe if we didnt draft tannehill....and drafted crappy players such as weeden.....maybe then people would still be saying we have no widereceivers.

Im so glad we passed on grandpa weeden and drafted the man THill instead.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 05, 2012 08:07AM

While Tannehill looked good last game, he still had more turnovers then TD's and for the season he still has more turnover then TD not to mention we have a losing record.. Lets wait until we have a winning record and Tannehill has more TD passes then Turnover, before we all start sucking each other off with how great we are... At this point we are what a record says and that isnt very good at all, in our first 4 games we are 2 games below .500....I think you might be a bit premature with the pounding of your chest..lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: October 05, 2012 08:21AM

Why do some fans want to day in and out bitch and whine about what is obviously wrong w/ the fins? We already know that. Most fans that have a clue about football knows the difference between a time that stinks and a team that has potential. This team is 1/3 but has the potential to be more. There are signs of progress on this team that were not present in Phins teams the pst 3/5 years.

Date: October 05, 2012 08:52AM

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 05, 2012 08:54AM

Why do some fans want to day in annd out, make us out to be better then we are... Why cant they just wait until we are good and succesful. Why do they feel the need to make us out to be something we are not yet... As everybody in football knows, you are what your record says you are, nothing more nothing less....

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: October 05, 2012 09:01AM

Why do you care?

All I've seen is fans excited about Hartline stepping up and the hope we finally got a QB after almost two decades!

Why does it bother you so much?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.