HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          I owe Hartline an apology
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
I owe Hartline an apology
Posted by: woulf ()
Date: October 02, 2012 09:39AM

I really hated on Hartline thinking he was always going to be awful. I couldn't understand how he was a starter.

It's not just that he set a record, it's more because of the way he's been playing every game. He's forcing separation instead of hoping for it, he's making the right decision when Tannehill is under pressure and he's catching the ball when he does get a chance.

I still wish he was either bigger or faster or both, but he's a solid receiver. Now if we can find another one to play.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I owe Hartline an apology
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 02, 2012 11:53AM

Don't punish yourself. Hartline is a possession receiver; he has good hands, and complements Bess. Now we need a faster, deeper threat with great hands.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 02, 2012 12:11PM

He's a good #2. Bess is a good #3. Now if we can just get a good #1 (really it can't be that hard can it??) we will be on to something!!

amazing what good QB play can do for an offense!

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 02, 2012 12:12PM

Nunu is gone and Gabney is in.

Not so sure he is a fast receiver, but does (or at least did) have good hands. Should be an improvement.

Date: October 02, 2012 12:12PM

Oops....that is Gaffney.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 02, 2012 01:04PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He's a good #2. Bess is a good #3. Now if we can
> just get a good #1 (really it can't be that hard
> can it??) we will be on to something!!
>
> amazing what good QB play can do for an offense!

How many number 2 WR's are leading the league in recieving yards and most yards single games this season. How many number 3, are 20th in the league in recieving and caught 123 yards last game.. Bess and Hartline would both start on any team in the NFL.. Hartline is playing as well as any WR in the NFL right now including all the top guys(Megatron, Marshall, White, Johnson).. If the team can solve the redzone and lack of TD's and hold onto the ball we might have something...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 02, 2012 01:22PM

Hartline (and the team) should all be very happy over his catches. I know I am. hot smiley

Posted by: finman34 ()
Date: October 02, 2012 01:26PM

Jabar Gaffney ran a 4.41 40 at the combine. Not sure how much of that speed he still has.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 02, 2012 01:30PM

But that was back before digital watches were invented

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 02, 2012 02:51PM

Even if he now runs only a 4.6 now, it'll be an imporvement because he'll have a vast amount of experience to draw upon...if he can catch the ball, and stay healthy.

A viable WR option at #3 will be huge for this team. You have to think that at least one of our WR's will now be open on every play. Then add Bush, Lane, and Fasano to the mix in the event they aren't.

And maybe Egnew if he ever gets on the field and then there is Miller, Clay, and Thomas waiting in the wings.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: October 02, 2012 03:20PM

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: October 02, 2012 04:33PM

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: October 02, 2012 04:42PM

18.2 ypc!!!!! Ridiculous.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: October 02, 2012 11:46PM

I always liked Hartline. It just helps to finally have someone to throw him the damn ball. thumbs up

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 03, 2012 03:23AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I always liked Hartline. It just helps to finally
> have someone to throw him the damn ball. thumbs up

Agreed. A great QB always makes a good receiver look great.
THill and hartline compliment each other very well.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 03, 2012 12:32PM

Now if we could just have a speedster who can blow pass the coverage and catch, we'd have an unbeatable passing game. A Ted Ginn who can catch the ball in other words.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 03, 2012 12:42PM

Hartlines stats are no fluke, he has been targeted as much as any WR in the NFL... When you are targeted that much and get open, and catch the ball like Hartline, you will have big numbers. I will say that in the last game Arizona stacked the box with 8 guys alot, so it opened up the passing game more then usual, but still Hartline has been pretty consistent with yards. What I do like is one week we have the league high in passing for a WR and in a previous week, we had the league high for rushing....That is a good sign, of what this offense under sherman is capable of in the future... The biggest disappointment so far in SHermans offense, the involvement of the TE's...Fasano and Clay.....

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: October 03, 2012 06:41PM

I gotta say , he has 1 heck of a chessy Mustache though. looks like Eroll Flynn in the 1920's........grinning smiley

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: October 03, 2012 06:52PM

I am tired if hearing about Hartline's lack of speed , and athleticism because clearly he he a very good and very fast reciever. Just ask the CB who was paid to cover him last Sunday. Hartline ran track against Ted Ginn in highschool yes that Ted Ginn who we drafted in the 1st round another brilliant decision by this organization. Anyway Hartline always gave Ginn all he could handle, and Ginn had world class speed so Hartline is fast enough, and big enough to be a pro-bowl reciever. Yes you heard it here 1st Hartline will make the pro-bowl dammit because he is that good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2012 04:59AM by Finshady.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 05, 2012 06:19AM

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: October 05, 2012 09:30AM

Agreed. I'm telling you if you could go back and watch game film the last several years Hartline was open deep OFTEN. Just the QB threw dump off passes.

Last time against Cincy he was wide open deep, QB dumped it down and I thought Hartline was going to blow a gasket. You could tell he was pissed.

Why do you think he is in Tanneyhills ear all the time. he knows the guy will throw the ball.

Date: October 05, 2012 09:57AM

Hartline has been a consistent receiver since he joined the Fins, averaging 30 catches per year. That's not bad for a guy who hasn't had a legitimate QB to throw to him.

Bess is also helping Hartline's numbers with his expertise in the middle of the field. Watch Bess as he makes his moves; defenders have a hard time keeping up with him.

Now, if we can (1) get that top notch, speed receiver on the other side and (2) get our TEs more involved, the Fins should have a hell of an offense.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 05, 2012 10:00AM

I've always wondered how Bess can get open so well but can't run away from anyone. I suppose the element of knowing/selling the route, but it amazes me when I see him so easily caught and tackled. Whatever, he catches the ball amazingly well and gets first downs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.