HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Tannehill game 4
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Tannehill game 4
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 01, 2012 12:41PM

I saw the biggest improvement from RT this week. He more then doubled his previous passing yard avg. His QBR was much better, landing somewhere around 86, with a 92 or so for the first half.
In all of the previous games this year, the running game really carried the offense. Yesterday Tannehill and the passing game carried the team IMO..While the offense turning the ball over in the 4th qt and OT, was to much to over come, I dont think we would have been in the game without the play of Tannehill, Bess and Hartline.. So, while I know the turnovers lost us the game at the end, I dont think we would have been in it without Tannehill playing like he did yesterday... That being said, with 8 sacks from the defense, 2 interceptions from Sean Smith, one in the endzone, record setting and career yards from Hartline, Bess and Tannehill, how the hell did we lose... turnovers... The only stat of Tannehill's that didnt improve yesterday, the interception to TD ratio... We all know that 90 percent of rookie Qb's are likely to turn the ball over more then their share... We need to protect that ball, but it was good to see Tannehill and passing game break out...
I still cant stand back to back OT losses...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tannehill game 4
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 01, 2012 01:11PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I saw the biggest improvement from RT this week.
> He more then doubled his previous passing yard
> avg. His QBR was much better, landing somewhere
> around 86, with a 92 or so for the first half.
> In all of the previous games this year, the
> running game really carried the offense. Yesterday
> Tannehill and the passing game carried the team
> IMO..While the offense turning the ball over in
> the 4th qt and OT, was to much to over come, I
> dont think we would have been in the game without
> the play of Tannehill, Bess and Hartline.. So,
> while I know the turnovers lost us the game at the
> end, I dont think we would have been in it without
> Tannehill playing like he did yesterday... That
> being said, with 8 sacks from the defense, 2
> interceptions from Sean Smith, one in the endzone,
> record setting and career yards from Hartline,
> Bess and Tannehill, how the hell did we lose...
> turnovers... The only stat of Tannehill's that
> didnt improve yesterday, the interception to TD
> ratio... We all know that 90 percent of rookie
> Qb's are likely to turn the ball over more then
> their share... We need to protect that ball, but
> it was good to see Tannehill and passing game
> break out...
> I still cant stand back to back OT losses...

I agree that turnovers can kill a team. Although I don't put two of those turnovers directly on Tanney, his job is to hold on to the ball.

That fumble in the 4th was on him for not holding on to it, but the majority of the blame should go to the center of our OLine as they didn't do their jobs and Tanney had no chance.

That last int....I only saw the hilites, but what I saw was RT not being able to get into full throwing motion as a DL came bursting thru (again) and hit him as he was ready to release the ball. On the stat sheet, that goes to RT, but everyone knows that goes to the OL not giving him enough time, especially in crunch time.

I like what I see from RT and truly believe he is going to be our franchise QB (finally), but.....one poor game does not make him a bust, just like one terrific game doesn't make him a HOFer. Let's give him and the team some time to get their act together.

Re: Tannehill game 4
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 01, 2012 03:12PM

Cap, that 4th Quarter fumble was on Tannehill for not holding on to the ball but as stated in other threads, he should not have been allowed to have been passing when what we should have been doing was trying to run out the clock with only 2 minutes plus left in regulation and a 7 point lead.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.