Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Buck up People! The Glass is more then half full!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Buck up People! The Glass is more then half full!
Date: September 30, 2012 06:15PM

Some observations.

1- We might have lost 3 of the last 4 games, but the last two we lost barely and by only a feild goal.

2- I saw a Passionate coach walking the sideline and he went for it on 4th a 1 instead of settling for a feild Goal.

3- We finally found a QB , a Young athletic Rookie to build this Teal around, not the other way around.

4- Holy shit! Did you see those play action fakes!? I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. Fantasic .

5- Did you see Tanny making those throws infront of the recievers? he has improved so much already. Unlike last year when we lost I felt we were notimproving , we had no direction. We were sticking to henne almost out of spite.

No doubt Two OT loses in a Row sucks and is frustrating. But it beats the hell out of losing 34-0 Like the JETS! Sometimes HOW you lose can tell you alot about a Team. We have given them a run for the money since our opening day loss. Not bad for a Team they ranked 32nd in the league and told we couldn't finish .500! 12 games to go. we will win at least 7 of them. This Team is going in the right direction. Tanny will lead us to the promised land. Ain't going to be this year. Did you really think it would? But I see a Miami Post season team right around the corner. We have enough draft picks to really make a run next season.

We COMPETED today. And last week. No feild goal coach here. Buck up people! Lots of good Football yet to come. thumbs upsmileys with beer

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Buck up People! The Glass is more then half full!
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 30, 2012 06:33PM

Bad side of your post is that this game taught the NFL that the Dolphins are really not that bad of a team. Take the early play against Houston, the Raiders game as a whole and the close game against the Jets and Dominating the unbeaten Cardinals losing only by a weird set of circumstances and we won't be able to sneak up on anyone anymore.

We had best cure our mistakes because we are going to have to play perfect football from here on out because there will be no more gimmes. (Not that we were given anything).

Date: September 30, 2012 07:39PM

We are a Top 20 team easy. I said it all along. I'm glad to be competing and not getting blown out like the Jets and Buffalo. Some great football being played out there Today. I remember watching Tony Sprano football and wanting to stick a fork in my eye. Its exciting again!! Its been a while since I felt that way.

Buck up People.......GO DOLPHINS!!

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: October 01, 2012 02:05AM

Yes the glass is half full with cyanide readily consumed by the chokers when the game is on the line. Don't give me that B. S. We stink until we can finish teams. We will always be the laughing stock of the league new coaches new players,and same crappy results.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2012 02:55AM by Finshady.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: October 01, 2012 02:53AM

We can play anyone face to face. Tanny will learn how to beat teams and win games I am sure. The future looks bright. Defense is looking good.

Date: October 01, 2012 03:06AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We can play anyone face to face. Tanny will learn
> how to beat teams and win games I am sure. The
> future looks bright. Defense is looking good.

Exactly!! I remember being frustrated for so long because no one had a clue and we never improved. Yeah we lost , but look at how much we are playing in every area. And the QB search is finally over. I'm excited!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 01, 2012 03:43AM

Im upbeat about this team...............We finnally found the qb of the future.

If we can play like this at arizona in front of a hostile crowd, then we can play with anybody.

We are almost there.

Date: October 01, 2012 04:03AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Im upbeat about this team...............We
> finnally found the qb of the future.
>
> If we can play like this at arizona in front of a
> hostile crowd, then we can play with anybody.
>
> We are almost there.

Glad you all feel as I do. Of course I wanted to win yesterday and I screamed into a pillow after the Game. But if you look at the Big picture its actually going much better then any said it would for us. They predicted us to be in Buffalo's shoes and they in ours....competing. F Them all!

Date: October 01, 2012 08:44AM

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: October 01, 2012 09:42AM

There was no audible. It was a called pass. RT was hit from behind before he even got into his drop. Judging by Bush's movement it looks like it might have been a called screen but not sure b/c it never had a chance to develop. Lane flat out missed his assignment.

I guess he's trying to be agressive but that was just plain stupid. Like you said, Chryen, maybe throw it on third but you just ran for 7, 15, and 2 yards.

Run the freaking clock. Make Az use it's TO's. If you don't get a first down, you punt it. You're up 7 and they have to go the length of the field with one TO. If you lose that way, then you got beat.

Instead, we got in our own way and beat ourselves...again!

Date: October 01, 2012 10:08AM

I see what your saying. But things like that can be fixed.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 01, 2012 01:16PM

We are in the middle of the pack, folks, and will remain there until our offense learns how to close out games, and our defense learns how to stop the other team at crunch time. Oh, and if and when our kicker gets his act back together, we will continue to lose those close ones. The problem is, everyone was always on Sparano about kicking FGs....well, this team, thus far, has been attempting a lot of them.

Something needs to be done.

Don't get me wrong; I am pleased at how well (overall) our guys are playing, but until they fix those areas, the Fins will remain at the bottom of the pile.

Date: October 01, 2012 02:53PM

Just 1 month ago they had us listed at the Bottom of the NFL. Basement city, #32. We are now in the Top 20 heading toward the elite Teams. I'm happy with the Progress, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: October 02, 2012 03:52AM

Based on last nights Dallas/Chicago game and his season so far. The glass would be a little fuller had we not practically given away Marshall. Jeez. The things he was doing last night were exactly the kind of things we need a receiver to do to complement Bess and Hartline. Everyone thought he was so bad here for the same reason everyone thought our O-line was so bad....we didn't have a QB. His diva tendencies withstanding, that move is starting to look like a BIG mistake.

Date: October 02, 2012 04:23AM

We did what we had to do w/ Marshall. Maybe he just needs to be the hell out of S Fl to be a matute man and player. We will have the holes that we have for the remainder of the year but we have 5 of the first 90 picks in the 2013 draft. That's 2 wr, 2 DE/lbs and a bonus pick. We also should be in a better financial position to get higher grad FA than we were in this year and still might get a bonus pick for the FA's we lost this year.

We might be losing but we are going down fighting. I like that. I am confident that we are heading in the right direction.

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: October 02, 2012 04:41AM

Marshall may have talent but he is just as likely to drop passes as do something spectacular

Date: October 02, 2012 08:14AM

And Bowel Movement's best talent is YAC. Psychologically, he tends to drop passes in the END ZONE. And can you imagine what he would do mouthing off and DOWN TALKING Tannehill as he did Moore at the pro bowl????? What would that do to RT's developement if BM blamed him for those dropped passes in the endzone.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: October 04, 2012 10:06AM

Did anyone notice that besides Hartline and Bess, the only other catch made by a WR was the fumble by Nanunanu (1/18)????

I'm not even sure that we ran a 3 WR set all that much. No Armstrong & Mathews was inactive.

Imagine what having a dependable 3rd receiver will do for RT.

A few interesting facts about Jabar Gaffney....

He was born in the same state as RT and went to HS and college in Florida.

He has increased his receiving yards and first down catches every season for 5 straight seasons.

He has fumbled only twice IN HIS CAREER and only lost 1. (the anti-Nanu)

His dad was a WR for the New York Jets and his cousin is former NFL CB Lito Sheppard.

He plays a lot like Hartline. Deceptive speed, good hands, very good route runner & smart. He has large hands and is a hands catcher.

He was drafted 33rd overall by Houston after they took David Carr with the number 1 overall pick in their very first year.

The same year we were without a 1 (Charles Grant) and 2 (Sheldon Brown) because of Ricky Williams and AJ Feeley. 2002 was a sorry draft for everyone outside of a few DLmen...Freeney, Peppers and Haynesworth.

The WR's chosen ahead of him were Donte Stalworth (13), Ashley Lelie (19), Javon Walker (20).

We chose Seth McKinney at 90 (2002) when Brian Westbrook was taken one spot later. Then we took Randy McMichael.

Anyway....I think it was a great pickup for a player that fits the mold of the type of team Philbin wants.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: October 04, 2012 10:24AM

I am happy w/ the pick. Gaffney is the type of veteran that can help Tanny. He should learn the playbook quickly and start making some plays over the next 3 weeks.

I hope by mid season Tanny knows the offense enough to start picking apart some Dees. We still need Clay to step up. He last year he looked as if he had a knack for findinding the open spots in Ds. Not sure if its the new O or New QB but I hope by mid season this start click for our O.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: October 04, 2012 04:03PM

Gaffney played in a WCO before too so that's good. 4 or 5 years I think.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: October 04, 2012 05:35PM

captkoi Wrote:
> We are in the middle of the pack, folks, and will
> remain there until our offense learns how to close
> out games, and our defense learns how to stop the
> other team at crunch time.

To be fair to our defense, our offense keeps putting them in impossible situations.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 05, 2012 10:07AM

Yes and no, Chryen.

True, it doesn't help that the O turns the ball over in its own territory, but there are other times where the D just has the ball moved right down the field on them, and quite often it happens during those times where if they just get the stop and force the opposing team to give the ball back to the offense, then Miami can wrap up the game and go home with the W.

Both sides of the ball (and the coaches) need to get it together and do their jobs.

Date: October 09, 2012 09:42AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.