HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Weeden vs. Tannehill
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Weeden vs. Tannehill
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 28, 2012 01:43PM

Did you see MNF last night?

Granted different teams but Reggie and Trent are comparable running components but W certainly has better WRs but so do half the high schools in the US.

So what do you think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Weeden vs. Tannehill
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 28, 2012 01:49PM

I dont think Hartline and Bess have played poorly. Both of them would start on just about any team... So our WR corp isnt as bad as people make it out to be IMO... I think it is very hard to define either QB after one season let alone a few games...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 28, 2012 01:59PM

Just asking what do you see so far?

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 28, 2012 02:13PM

Weeden has put up three times the passing TD's as Tannehill, but that isnt saying alot.. Weeden has been intercepted 7 times in 4 games to Tannehill's 4 times in 3 games. They have similar quarterback ratings at this point with Weeden having the slight edge... Neither one of them have been very good at scoring alot of points with their arms thus far... Tannehill obviously has the higher ceiling with his youth, athleticism and smarts. Weeden has the edge in maturity and experience... Ultimately in three years we should have a clear cut winner, but at this point, you cant determine much IMO, it is like saying which runner looks the best 1 mile into a super marathon...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2012 02:27PM by Crowder52.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 28, 2012 03:27PM

weedon is old enough to be tannehill's father. weedon has already reached his ceiling, what you see is what you get. RT has better upside

Date: September 28, 2012 04:39PM

Tanny is going to be great. Don't forget the #13 had the Luxury of being drafted onto a Superbowl Calibur Team. Not many SB teams pick first round QB's. Give him a break. I have studied him up close live. I am far from an expert , but you can see this Kid is extremely athletic and something is special about him. He does not fair that well in the Pocket scanning for an open reciver. But Put him in the shotgun and let him roll out , I have not seen many who can throw so well while running. Hopefully they will work with him and make him more well rounded.

I watched Sanchez and he was such a Fing Robot. You can see he has more experience and does not play so much from the seat of his pants like tanny does, but there is nothing special about him. He is as ordinary as vanilla Ice cream. Tanny has a spark everytime he touches the ball. he is going to be Great. I havn't said that about any Miami QB in over 10 yrs.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 28, 2012 05:01PM

RT is the next Dan Marino clone

Date: September 28, 2012 05:45PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> RT is the next Dan Marino clone

Anything But. Danny couldn't roll out if his life depended on it. Hike him the ball , it was gone before they started blocking for him. Tanny is so raw and you can see him just trying to make shit happen. I can't wait until He gets more comfortable .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.