HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Camarillo
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Camarillo
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 27, 2012 07:37AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Camarillo
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 27, 2012 08:05AM

Unless Curt has failed to update the Depth Chart. Not only is Nee Nee Na Na Na Na Nu Nu still on our team BUT IS LISTED AS OUR STARTING POSITION 1 RECEIVER!!!!!!

But yes, please come home Greg.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: September 27, 2012 11:24AM

Never happen. NaNeNugatuck obviously has incriminating photos of Ross and or Ireland. And there are some things I just don't want to see lol!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: September 27, 2012 06:59PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Not only is Nee Nee Na Na Na Na Nu Nu still on our
> team BUT IS LISTED AS OUR STARTING POSITION 1
> RECEIVER!!!!!!

Out of all the free agent WR's that were out there this off season for the taking, we wound up with CJ and Nee Nee Naa Naa Nu Nu. I'm having a hard time trying to fathom that this failure was the best that Ireland could do. I hold him fully responsible for the lack of talent at WR on this team. Not a good situation at all for a rookie QB, the kid has no help.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: September 27, 2012 11:52PM

I think I remember Ireland saying on hard knocks that he didn't want progress stoppers at WR. He liked the potential of the group and didn't want to bring in a bunch of vets that would obviously be better initially and eat up reps. Obviously that strategy is hurting the team right now since none of our young WR have really stepped up.

So Ireland could have gotten better talent at WR but had a plan and stuck with it. His plan has bombed unless another WR steps up beside Hartline and Bess, which looks unlikely right now.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 28, 2012 03:44AM

I remember Ireland talking about it as a consideration. Weighing the options as they were talking it through but I don't think it was the entire reason.

We tried to bring in other WR's but we were out bid by other teams or not chosen because players did not want to defect. (Reggie Wayne)

Vincent Jackson, Laurent Robinson got big contracts.

They also decided against bringing in head cases after we just shipped two of them out of town.

and what's the fascination with Camarillo? OK he caught one big pass several years ago.....

He has started one game since he left and had 240 yards receiving and 121 last year. Waste of time.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2012 03:48AM by eesti.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: September 28, 2012 03:56AM

Right, why are idiots crying for Camarillo i just don't know. Ireland tried to acquire a WR but really did not have the cash to spread out for a top shelf one. We had other bases to cover.

Date: September 28, 2012 04:25AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Right, why are idiots crying for Camarillo i just
> don't know. Ireland tried to acquire a WR but
> really did not have the cash to spread out for a
> top shelf one. We had other bases to cover.

You're calling me an idiot? I remember Camarillo being our top WR in 2008. I remember him catching anything that was thrown his way. That's what I remember. He wasn't spectacular, but he was a guy the QB could count on.

As for the vet -vs- young WR argument, Camarillo is 30 and Naanee is 29. If we dumped Naanee and picked up Camarillo, what would be the difference?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2012 06:20AM by montequi.

Date: September 28, 2012 04:29AM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 28, 2012 05:00AM

the most important thing to this season is the development of RT. Not giving him anything beyond utter crap at WR to throw to can do nothing but hurt that development. It's on Ireland for not bringing in anyone who can actually play the position. After Hartline and Bess (who needs to be in the slot), we got D- players. But hey we did draft Egnew!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 28, 2012 05:58AM

I say bring in camarillo. Say goodbye to shenehneh.

Date: September 28, 2012 07:30AM

It seems Naanee is increasing his yardage total every year and Camarillo is decreasing. Cam is going in the wrong direction.

Why debate over a player who is not clearly better. If we are going to wish why not shoot for Gaffney?

.....................................................................................

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: September 28, 2012 08:15AM

The worst thing a receiver can do is drop the ball. Nanu Nanu does it and Camarillo does not.

Jury's still out on Armstrong but another week of drops like the last and I'd show him the door too.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: September 28, 2012 08:26AM

I'm totally on board with dumping Nanana-boo-boo! He can't hold onto the ball - period.

Camarillo couldn't do any worse, and he can catch in traffic.

We need something, and we don't need wrs that can't hold onto the ball - End of story.

Date: September 28, 2012 08:26AM

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: September 28, 2012 09:05AM

Chryen you r the most whiniest person on this board. I really do not care to engage in a conversation w/ you

Date: September 28, 2012 09:11AM

Mizzou, you attacked and you got attacked back and you say you don't want to talk about it.

SO WHO IS THE ONE WHINING AND RUNNING AWAY FROM A FIGHT??????

Date: September 28, 2012 09:41AM

Some of you are banking on what Camarillo did 3 to 4 years ago. Just because he was solid in 2009 doesn't mean he still is. He has 5 CAREER Td's in 7 years.

I am all for dumping Naanee but lets be realistic.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 28, 2012 10:05AM

Thread closed for name-calling.
Some posts removed.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.