HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          ugh
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: ugh
Date: September 23, 2012 08:43PM

Only thing worse is sitting there surrounded By Jets fans as this game was given to them . As much fun as it was to stick their noses in it last Jan 1st, it sucks like a crack whore walking down that big sprial ramp listening to them gloat. They didn't win that game , we LOST it. Mother Fer. I need to just walk away from the Computer for a while. Just knowing Rex and Tony were hugging and laughing tonight really pisses me off.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: September 23, 2012 08:48PM

Its not like Tanne has Roddy White, Julio Jones, and Tony Gonzalez to throw to.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 24, 2012 04:33AM

Dolfanking wrote: Most of this is on the QB, not the coaching staff.

Yeah like the one pass where he put it right on armstrongs hands and armstrong dropped it. Armstrong with all that speed would had taken it to the house...But you cant do nothing with all that speed when your hands are made of stone.

I told you this team is going to make tannehill look bad....He has no supporting cast. NO receivers only bess and hartline which are slot receivers. We have no deep thread at all.

We have the worst group of receivers in the NFL.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: September 24, 2012 05:15AM

The plays in our last series were NOT poor plays or extremely poor throws IMO. The receivers were behind the defenders. whether Tannehill missed them or they just didn't get to the spot where he threw the ball is up for discussion. On the surface it would have made more sense to throw over the middle and pick up a few more yards but do you REALLY want a rookie with three games under his belt throwing over the middle when you are already in game winning FG range?

IDK, I'm not SUPER impressed with him but not disappointed yet either. He STILL looks better then Henne and, lets face it, they had found their stride with Bush running the ball and then he gets hurt on a meaningless play.eye rolling smiley

Overall I'm not disappointed with this team YET. Next week and how they respond to this missed opportunity will tell us alot more than all the analyzing of the end of this game.

Posted by: woulf ()
Date: September 24, 2012 06:16AM

I think first half it was on our receivers. They didn't get open and dropped some easy passes. The second half was on Tannehill.

We're looking pretty good though overall. This one should have been a W.

Our loss to Houston is bad, but they're a great team, our win on Oakland is looking a lot better with what they did against Pitt and this loss was as even a game as it gets. Even our Preseason losses are looking like we played the cream of the crop.

Our team is learning a new offense and defense and we have a new QB. I see things as on an upward curve to be honest.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: September 24, 2012 06:43AM

Hopefully this game will only make Thill better. We got him he is ours. We showed we are a better team than the Jets. I do not want to go an overinflated 10-6. I would rather the team play all out n go go 6-10. We have some good draft choices next year that I want to maximize. Need some pass rushers wr and corners. Hope we get thru the year w/ a healthy Bush.Oline not looking bad there are definately some pluses with this team.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: September 24, 2012 08:03AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
...there are definately some pluses with this
> team.

Exactly. Some of which we haven't seen in a while. IMO next week will tell the tale, do they implode after a disappointing loss like the Dolphins of the last 10 years. Or do they work on stuff and get better.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 24, 2012 08:47AM

This loss was far more disappointing than the Houston loss. When the Houston loss occurred, I asked myself "Maybe we're just not that good" but after this loss I told myself, "We didn't win and the blame is on the administration staff, not on the players."

We played to our own weaknesses instead of our strengths and when we did play to our strengths we OVERPLAYED TO OUR STRENGTHS by instead of running the ball from the 30 yard line to the 20 yard line for the winning field goal, like a roulette player in Vegas, we put our chips on the 100 to 1 block for several plays and relied on the kicker to kick a 43 yard field goal instead of, as the Jets did, moving him into position to kick a winning 30 yard field goal.

Nothing sucks more than a mis managed game and all you people blaming Tannehill are always gonna be suckers in life on everything. You see the trees and don't see you're in a forest.

This was like Sparano was coaching us all over again. Only worse. At least Sparano had one bad problem, his love for the wildcat. He wasted his time on the Wildcat but he only did it when we were on the good side of the 20 yard line. And we STILL COULD KICK A FIELD GOAL.

These damn fools didn't even leave us THAT option. Or at least that option was no longer a sure thing.

I'm sorry. This loss was on the coaches not the players.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.