HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          I finally have NFL Network!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
I finally have NFL Network!
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: September 22, 2012 07:25PM

Sorry I know it might not be such a big deal for some but for me it's a different story.

Well because I live in some heavy jungle terrain I can't use a satellite so I have Time Warner cable. As of yesterday these bastids finally have NFL network and for 5 bucks more a month they also have NFL Red Zone.

I tried to get a dish on my roof a while back so I could get NFL Sunday Ticket, but the dude spent two days trying to get a signal before he gave up & said sorry.

So I don't expect to get any sympathy from anyone since I live in Hawaii, but I guess the mai tai's and all the hot chicks with sweet okoles make up for a hill blocking the way for my house to get satellite tv reception.

Hope you all don't mind me being all giddy this evening. Damn, I feel like the Phins won a game again, and oh how stoked I'd be if they beat the Jets tomorrow!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I finally have NFL Network!
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 22, 2012 07:41PM

Happy for you. Getting satellite transmission can be a bit*h. In the Pasadena area, the part close to Altadena, they can get no TV at all unless they sign up for DirecTV because the days of the digital satellite is here but that part of Pasadena is too close to the satellite antenna to receive the transmission. Think of a flashlight and you are an ant right under the flashlight. The further you are away the more the light shines on you. But if you are right under the flashlight where the light begins, it goes over your head. I took my digital receiver and antenna up there and could bring in no channels. Down in the lower valley where I live, I got 64 digital channels on the same receiver.

So my best buddy who lives in Altadena can only rent movies and play video games. He has no live TV. The country got ripped off when the whores in congress sold out and allowed them to go from analog to digital.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: September 22, 2012 11:45PM

Oh wow I feel bad for your buddy, that must really suck to have no live tv at all. Yeah, the Dish network and DirecTV satellites are right behind a hill where I live in the back of a valley. I've been a total slave to Time Warner Cable, I even have to have my internet through them but it's better than nothing. Can't believe it took so long for them to get NFL Network.

Posted by: DarthHoodie ()
Date: September 23, 2012 03:05AM

I feel ya...808, but I've come to take the life of a pirate over the last few seasons. Luckily there are some good guys who stream every game online for the unwired/unconnected souls like myself.

And yeah Chyren, that digital transition was a fiasco that left people in need of pay tv or half assed tv all over the nation. Should have never been approved. Talk about Regressive policies that favor corporate entities. sad smiley

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: September 23, 2012 05:42AM

Redzone rocks

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: September 25, 2012 09:49AM

That is why I never got TWC; they could not agree to get NFLN. As it turns out, I got Dish and the price would was a little cheaper than if I had ended up with TWC.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.