HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Pass Rush
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pass Rush
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 21, 2012 08:16AM

Wake needs some help on the other side. Odrick (3 tackles, 1 QB hit) hasn't done much but he is being replaced by Vernon (in the nickle) who has exactly one tackle so far....that's it.

We as a team have only 2 sacks. Both by Starks.

It might be time to bring in Andre Carter.

Jason, you still in shape?

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pass Rush
Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: September 21, 2012 11:01AM

"Odrick (3 tackles, 1 QB hit) hasn't done much but he is being replaced by Vernon (in the nickle) who has exactly one tackle so far....that's it. "

Isn't Odrick one of Firland's precious first round picks?

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins. Always Perfect.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: September 21, 2012 01:55PM

It's early yet. Vernon is still a developing player and Odrick is also still developing to a certain extent. Let's not forget that Odrick is basically a DT that is playing DE because we have no one else. I look for Odrick to put up pressure numbers consistent with a good pass rushing DT not someone like Wake, Peppers, or Jared Allen.

Date: September 21, 2012 01:58PM

Odrick was one of my picks for breakthrough player. I hope he steps it up but I can't place all the blame for pass rush on him if he isn't even in the nickle formation. Sounds like it may be time for Vernon to sit and watch for awhile if he doesn't start producing.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 21, 2012 02:57PM

After Wake had that breakout year, I said the next April, "Boy, if we could just get Ryan Kerrigan to play on the opposite side."

I saw him doing at Purdue the same thing Wake was doing that first year in Miami.

Date: September 21, 2012 07:54PM

he is out for the season isn't he?

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 22, 2012 04:20AM

This is the thing that scares me this week. That the phins will not generate enough passrush.....they didnt generate enough pass rush last week against the raiders last week either. Did you see how much time the raiders qb had. Please....

too much time....we need to put pressure on the qb or the dbs will suffer.....What ever his name was from the raiders threw for like 300 yards last week.....

Thats the next thing they need to concentrate on...

The tannehill batted passes were corrected....Now take care of the pass rush thing.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: September 22, 2012 05:40AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is the thing that scares me this week.

This should scare you every week of the season, but of all the teams we're playing, the Jets should scare you the least. The Pats and even the Billsboth have passing attacks that is leaps and bounds better then the Jets. I would commit to stopping the run/wildcat, and force Sanchez to beat us.

Date: September 22, 2012 05:53AM

I dont know dolphaholic the run has been taken cared of so far. Iam not afraid of our run defense in fact theyve done really well stopping the run.......

The first week against the texans they had 2 top notch runners and we sopped them....this weekk against the raiders they have mcfadden....and we stopped him as well.

Even though mcfadden imo isnt that good anyways.

But whoever it is weve been able to stop the run bigtime so far.

Its the pass defense that scares me. Cameron wake it seems that he isnt even playing. Maybe they are double teaming him or something i dont know.

Date: September 22, 2012 05:58AM

Maybe they should do with cameron wake what they did with JT.....Bring him to rush the passer from defferent sides of the field from right side or left side.....They can work that in there like they did with JT.

Let him adjust to the type of blocking he sees at that time.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: September 22, 2012 04:26PM

Samsam, don't worry about Wake. He is generating pressure and QB hits but he just hasn't gotten a sack yet. Those sacks are elusive and not a true measure of a pass rushers impact. Cam Wake's presence is being felt.

Also, I thought in the second half of the Raiders game, Coyle did a good job generating pressure with some stunts and blitz packages. Palmer's numbers plummeted under pressure and the D forced some quick punts in the second half. Expect more of the same against Sanchez this week, especially if we have a lead and the Jets are forced to throw.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.