HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Irelend calls a fan a ballon knot......
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Irelend calls a fan a ballon knot......
Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: September 19, 2012 11:09AM

Ireland was right who the the hell is this guy to lecture him. Right call. You may not like Ireland but the guy is busting his @@ for this team.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: September 19, 2012 11:20AM

What a hoot this thread is.

I stand with those noting Ireland had the right to respond as such due to the Fan approaching him in that fashion (face to face).

As always the media will sensationalize and create a moral injustice out of nothing in the name of how we expect people to be perfect.

I just can't imagine the owner of the Yankees (Steinbrenner Sr)worrying over such a remark if ever pressed with something similar.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 19, 2012 11:48AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I didn't read it that way gnrbaby. It seems that
> they had to drag it out of him and that he didn't
> blame Ireland for the way Ireland reacted. Read
> it again.

It must not have been to hard to dragg it out of him, he did call into a radio show to share the story.. The media didnt find out about his tale from Ireland... I actually give Ireland more credit, I heard all the guy said was "you should fire yourself" in a friendly interaction, Ireland told him "Good Suggestion" which is witty, and then walked away and called him an asshole not to his face but muttered it under his breath as he was returning to his coaching/GM box.. All in all I give it an A+ both men were able to release a little aggression in a friendly but witty interaction... Perfect, even better for Ireland that was able feel a little redemption by his team winning the game... I find the whole thing funny... And think more of both guys, the fan and Ireland after the interaction then before it... Think about it, the fan didnt threaten him, or curse him out. He just said you should fire yourself in a friendly way..lol... that is funny...Ireland smiling at him saying good suggestion is even better... Man to have been a fly on the wall during that awkward comedy skit...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: September 19, 2012 03:58PM

mizzou15 Wrote:
> Ireland was right who the the hell is this guy to
> lecture him. Right call. You may not like Ireland
> but the guy is busting his @@ for this team.

I agree. he certainly is trying and has taken more then a few insults.

Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: September 19, 2012 07:40PM

I'm all for Fireland firing himself.

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins. Always Perfect.

Date: September 23, 2012 05:37AM

Crowder this AM on his radio show, said, he was fined 5 thousand dollars by Ireland for saying the word balls to a reporter. And was told it was conduct detrimental to the team.. Then he said a Jets fan called him a half breed, because his mother is white. He cussed him out and was fined by Ireland again for the same reason...
He said what type of GM cusses out their own fans.. If a Dolphins players had cussed out a fan of the Dolphins, it would have been major discipline from Ireland..He said no players has ever done what Ireland has done by cussing a fan of the Dolphins... Crowder asked, what is Ireland's standards for his own behavior that is deterimental to a team.. Crowder said the whole week the team was distracted by Ireland's actions, being asked questions by reporters etc...

Channing is going off on Ireland on 560 WQAM it is pretty funny...

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: September 23, 2012 05:43AM

Alex Marvez, just said Ireland loses all credibility, if he doesnt fine himself for his actions.. He is a total hypocrite to fine players for actions that he does as well, even worse...

Nietzsche

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 23, 2012 06:17AM

The benefits of being the boss....Do as I say. Not as I do. lol

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: September 23, 2012 06:35AM

eesti Wrote:
> The benefits of being the boss....Do as I say. Not
> as I do. lol

True, but it hurts the leadership... I heard it suggested and I agree with it, for Ireland to keep credibility with his players, he should donate ten thousand dollars to charity for his potty mouth to a fan... Hold himself to the same standards he asks the players to live up to....

Nietzsche

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 23, 2012 07:07AM

Channing Crowder HATES Ireland (he admits it) and Marvez HATES the dolphins (I've never heard anyone so gleeful about ripping the team, there must be some personal history there from when he covered the phins.)

That said Ireland should fine himself for cursing at a fan is that's what he did to players who did the same thing.

Date: September 23, 2012 07:25AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> Channing Crowder HATES Ireland (he admits it)

It was priceless hearing Channing Crowder ripp Ireland for about 20 minutes straight.... I mean he ripped him on just about every front...

Nietzsche

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.