HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Irelend calls a fan a ballon knot......
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Irelend calls a fan a ballon knot......
Date: September 18, 2012 08:29AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Irelend calls a fan a ballon knot......
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 18, 2012 08:31AM

man we both just posted this simlutaneously

Ireland "altercation"
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 18, 2012 08:31AM

Re: Ireland "altercation"
Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 18, 2012 08:40AM

He should have called the guy's mother a crack whore instead.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 18, 2012 08:55AM

WTH is a ballon knot?

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: September 18, 2012 08:55AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know while in uniform on the clock
> if I ever called a Citizen TaxPayer that I'd have
> my balls in a vise. But I'm held to a higher
> standard. Should Irelend?

First, I've heard cops curse at people - but usually it is in the midst of some conflict. But then I'm not going to tell a cop to fire themselves. They have one of societies toughest jobs and are severely underpaid for the good work they do.

But Ireland gets paid to sit his candy ballon knot in a skybox in the 50 yard line. He gets paid to look at football all day. And he gets paid big money. His job is to make the fans happy by building a good football team. The fans are his customer.

I read the article, and it sounds as though there was no conflict here. The guy was polite, just critical. Ireland was dismissive and insulting. He didn't have to be.

I've got my own business. I know there are times when some of my customers aren't happy, and they tell me. I don't call them a-holes. If I did, I probably wouldn't be in business very long. Not because customers would be pissed, but because if I start arrogantly thinking that my customer opinions are baseless then I wouldn't be any better at what I do than the next guy.

Obviously Ireland doesn't give a damn about his customers' opinions. I say Fireland for this....

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins. Always Perfect.

Date: September 18, 2012 09:04AM

eesti Wrote:
> WTH is a ballon knot?

Balloon knot...you know....the old chocolate starfish.

Date: September 18, 2012 09:06AM

Lol....couldn't figure out what "ballon" was at first but balloon knot is still a new one to me.

Chocolate starfish...LOL

and the hot dog flavored water?

.....................................................................................

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2012 09:12AM by eesti.

Date: September 18, 2012 09:10AM

not to be confused with a Bowline Knot, for all you sailors out there.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: September 18, 2012 09:20AM

You guys are spoiling my high.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: September 18, 2012 09:29AM

Ireland shouldn't have said what he said...that said, the fan should've kept his mouth shut too.

I really don't care though...freedom of speech is a two way street. You can't say the fan has the right to say what he wants and then crucify Ireland for doing the same.

Date: September 18, 2012 09:33AM

JC Wrote:
> eesti Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > WTH is a ballon knot?
>
>
> Balloon knot...you know....the old chocolate
> starfish.

Leather Cheerio is a good one too......but I went with the least offensive.

Date: September 18, 2012 09:36AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
>
>
>
>
> Leather Cheerio is a good one too......but I went
> with the least offensive.

That sounds like something the Bobbies in Britain would say.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 18, 2012 09:50AM

My take on it is that both parties to the conversation acted appropriately and it is the commentators who have it wrong.

Like the guy said, he had the right to express his opinion that Ireland should be fired.

And Ireland had a right to call him an A hole for approaching him in a setting like that and expressing that opinion.

Both parties acted appropriately and it should have been an interesting footnote and that's it.

Like someone else above, I kind of respected Ireland and wouldn't have blamed him if he had actually said it to the guy's face instead of as the guy walked away and under Ireland's breath.

But you made me spit my coffee JC.

Date: September 18, 2012 10:39AM

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: September 18, 2012 12:07PM

Good for him. Ireland was right about that fan. Approaching him and saying that to him personally is rude and inconsiderate. If that is the worst, Ireland did, then fan should consider himself lucky. Some people with less self-control would have decked him. I still feel like Ireland is doing a good job in the last 2 or 3 years. The fan doesn't know himself from his elbow.

Perhaps Ireland should have waited until the end of the game and said, "How do you like me now Richard?" To which the fan would have replied, "I still hate you and my name isn't Richard." Jeff would then state, "I'm sorry. I thought you were named Richard because you are such a...".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2012 02:04PM by Jonathan Twilley.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 18, 2012 02:42PM

I feel bad for Ireland in this situation..Although you cant hold it against the fan for speaking his mind. Being that he was in the club or suite level, good chance he is a season ticket holder or a close friend of one... As a man if someone approaches you that you dont know in that situation and tells you to fire yourself, which I kind of find funny, what is Ireland suppose to do... WHile something witty would have been more fitting or ingenious, i cant hold it against him for responding as he did. Although if a player called a fan who criticized him an asshole, he would probably be cut for not representing the organization properly...lol..

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: September 18, 2012 02:50PM

It wasn't the time or the place. Ireland was right. The idiot should at least waited till after the game. But, then he would have had no reason to open his idiot pie hole.

Date: September 18, 2012 02:57PM

Jim B- if you by chance happened to bump into Jeff Ireland, what would you say to him?

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: September 18, 2012 03:40PM

Well Jim B said that it was a time and place thing which to a great extent is true.

But I'd ask Jim B. what would you say if you called in and were connected to a "speak Your Mind to Jeff Ireland" radio show and got him on the phone live?

Date: September 18, 2012 03:41PM

I definitely would "not set myself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge". Hopefully, I would have a chance to have some respectful discussion.

Date: September 18, 2012 04:08PM

If your Job is to be the "Judge of Truth and Knowledge" of an organization. People might disagree, and ask you or approach you with tough questions or statement dont you think?. The guy had one moment, your response acts as if he had the time during a game to sit down and have a "respectful discussion" seems a bit far fetched. You got one or two sentences to say to the guy as you unexpectedly bump into him, What do you say to him Jim?

Nietzsche

Date: September 18, 2012 04:31PM

If I had a chance to speak to him in private I would have a discussion. If I bumped into him at a ball game...I would apologize for bumping into him. That brief moment is not going to have an impact or any decision he makes.

Alchohol induced venting is not likely to have a positive impact.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: September 18, 2012 04:42PM

Good for Ireland. Too bad he didn't have a couple of adjectives in front of. A fan knows absolutely nothing about being a football GM. Zero. Zip, Nada. Not one fan out there knows a damn thing about evaluating football talent, handling contracts, dealing with the salary cap, etc. The guy deserved it, and that he called in to a radio station about it proves that the name Ireland called him was accurate.

Posted by: gnrbaby ()
Date: September 18, 2012 06:17PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> If your Job is to be the "Judge of Truth and
> Knowledge" of an organization. People might
> disagree, and ask you or approach you with tough
> questions or statement dont you think?. The guy
> had one moment, your response acts as if he had
> the time during a game to sit down and have a
> "respectful discussion" seems a bit far fetched.
> You got one or two sentences to say to the guy as
> you unexpectedly bump into him, What do you say to
> him Jim?

I'll answer this question. I'd say, "good call on Tannehill and Sherman, now all we need is that big play WR!" I'd smile and keep walking. Then I'd dwell for 10 mins and wonder why I didn't bitch him out, but then realize I'd made a mature decision. I'd then start drinking. On a side note, the members of this forum disappoint me on so many levels that I want to drink, hunt, and screw everything that exist until the world grows balls. Btw, who on here (besides crowder52) has actually seen female breasts or held their own in a fist fight? Just wondering....

Date: September 18, 2012 06:22PM

Hmmmmm. I think we should ALL avoid you when you are in such moods, gnrbaby.....even Crowder52.

Date: September 19, 2012 03:05AM

I think it's pretty funny what Ireland said. The fan has every right to not like Ireland and even phone into a local radio show to bash him but calling him out during a game is the act of a self entitled moron.

Football is there for entertainment and if Ireland is gracious enough to do a meet and greet with a few "fans", blindsiding him is uncalled for...

If someone goes to a rock concert and then gets to meet the band...is it ok for that fan to tell them they should quit music because they hated the last CD? It's just rude.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 19, 2012 05:35AM

I didn't like your post, eesti. I think you should fire yourself from this board drinking smiley

Posted by: gnrbaby ()
Date: September 19, 2012 07:19AM

eesti Wrote:
> I think it's pretty funny what Ireland said. The
> fan has every right to not like Ireland and even
> phone into a local radio show to bash him but
> calling him out during a game is the act of a self
> entitled moron.
>
> Football is there for entertainment and if Ireland
> is gracious enough to do a meet and greet with a
> few "fans", blindsiding him is uncalled for...
>
> If someone goes to a rock concert and then gets to
> meet the band...is it ok for that fan to tell them
> they should quit music because they hated the last
> CD? It's just rude.

Great point! It was rude of that guy and he got what was coming to him. Then he went and tattle-taled like a bitch

Date: September 19, 2012 08:04AM

I didn't read it that way gnrbaby. It seems that they had to drag it out of him and that he didn't blame Ireland for the way Ireland reacted. Read it again.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.