Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Who was the best offensive player vs. the Raiders?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Who was the best offensive player vs. the Raiders?
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: September 18, 2012 05:20AM

According to PFF, it wasnt Reggie Bush (+2.8), or even a better performer Mike Pouncey (an absolute stud BTW, at +3.8) ...

nope, it was one Ryan Tannehill at (+3.9).

Say what you want, but if Tannehill hasnt far exceeded your expectations this offseason by beating out Gerrard and Moore, and now playing well in the early season, you are crazy.

To be playing this well, this early in his rookie season is very, very good for the future of this franchise.

Us fans should be proud.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who was the best offensive player vs. the Raiders?
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: September 18, 2012 05:25AM

Welcome back smileys with beer

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: September 18, 2012 05:44AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Welcome back smileys with beer

X2

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 18, 2012 05:53AM

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 18, 2012 07:01AM

This game is definitely the test. He just seems like the type who will get better and better and he's aleady looking pretty comfortable in the pocket. He (and the coaches) learn from their mistakes so far which is what I like. Philbin said there are things to work on but One thing is for sure...they are working on them and RT is a quick study.

As Kurt Warner said after evaluating the game tape....Take away the tipped passes and evaluate his performance and it's not near as bad as you would think. He was actually pretty good. He was playing against maybe the best defense in the league and never really got frazzled.

He is to blame for not finding throwing lanes but the coaches also did not bother to roll him out and make adjustments either. It was such a strange event. Sort of reminded me of the 62-7 loss to the Jags with Marino where nothing went right. For 3 of those tipped balls to be intercepted is such a freak thing. Normally maybe one would have been intercepted but all three is odd.

It's another weird NFL season so far where no one knows who is for real yet. Most of the teams than dominated one way were the opposite the other week. Same goes for the Jets. Which ones are we getting?

One thing in our favor will be the weather again (and up tempo). NY has been a heck of a lot colder lately than Oakland and most of those guys were on oxygen and i.v.'s.

For all their "talent" we should match up well against them. The only clear advantage for them is CB.

We have better running game and a more consistent defense. We have been pretty good on ST's too.

Sanchez has been in the league for 4 years and is still inconsistent. I believe RT will be better and more efficient this week and in the future.

It will be interestng to see if Hartline can step up two weeks in a row. and to see if Armstrong plays.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: September 18, 2012 07:58AM

7 of 12 on 3rd downs is pretty good for a rookie.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: September 18, 2012 08:06AM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 18, 2012 08:18AM

Glad to see you back, A & O.smileys with beer

Date: September 18, 2012 08:40AM

7 of 12 on 3rd down is good for anyone.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 18, 2012 08:44AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> Hooligan2 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Welcome back smileys with beer
>
>
> X2

X3

Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: September 18, 2012 08:58AM

According to my eyes, Reggie Bush was the best offensive player.

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins. Always Perfect.

Date: September 18, 2012 09:04AM

It was clearly Legedu Naanee.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 18, 2012 10:31AM

DolfanKing Wrote:
> According to my eyes, Reggie Bush was the best
> offensive player.

Then after that it was Tannehill. He kept drives alive with pinpoint accuracy, scored a rushing TD and passed for one.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 18, 2012 10:40AM

eesti Wrote:
> It was clearly Legedu Naanee.

From worst to first i agree.

Date: September 18, 2012 10:47AM

As Hooligan would say, "Just messing with ChyrenB."

Date: September 18, 2012 01:28PM

I'm sick of hearing people say he's a "game manager", how do you guys figure that? It's his second game starting IN HIS ROOKIE SEASON for christ sakes, I wouldn't label him a game changer or a game manager at this point, he's a work in progress that's showing more upside then downside in his first 2 starts, nothing more/nothing less.

Date: September 18, 2012 01:53PM

Dolph- when you dont turn the ball over, audible out of bad plays, and help the team win the field positions battle. You managed the game well. On sunday he did those things well.. He managed the game well. Against the Texans before his turnover multitude. He was managing the game well, we were winning the field position battle and hanging in the game... Then rookism got the best of him as it will again and the other rookies qbs. From what I have seen, is he has done well at times and then gets out of rhytmn and stalls and has a tough time getting the offense going. If they know he is going to throw he isnt that effective right now.. The running game took alot of pressure off of him. And if you listen to Tannehill's PC, he said what changed in the game was the offensive line and reggie going out and putting points on the board for him.. If you listen to him, he knows he has a long way to go, and didnt remotely take any credit for the win..I do like that about him, if it was Sanchez, he would have acted like it was all on him but in a transparent way be patronizing his teammates..

ps- the running play that reggie took for 65, was something Jake Long spotted and pointed out to Reggie and RT, the defense kept bringing up their safety to tight in certain coverage scheme. They did it again, and Tannehill saw it, and perfectedly audibled into the discussed play Jake had brought up earlier, and Reggie took it the distance... So as I said he managed the game well.... but most people dont realize Bush credited Jake Long with it and gave Ryan props for making the right pre-snap read and audible....

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2012 02:09PM by Crowder52.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: September 18, 2012 02:02PM

good to have you back A&O

Date: September 18, 2012 03:06PM

It's different to say he "managed the game nicely" then it is to say he's a "game manager" type of QB (Trent Dilfer comes to mind as a "game manager"winking smiley. It's premature to call him anything at this point, even though he's starting, the coaches are still brining him along slowly, they opened up the playbook from week 1 to week 2 a little, and I expect them to keep doing that as the season goes on and he gets more experience. Let's just hope that he continues to improve and gets to what we ALL want on this board (well, all of us Dolphin fans anyway), and that's a QB that can put the team on his back and carry them when needed.

I have tempered enthusiasm about T-Hill right now, I remember getting all giddy about Henne after the Monday nighter against the jets, only to be slowly tortured for another two years before finaly cutting bait and leaving Chyren all alone on the Henne bandwagon. But, you can't deny that some of the throws and the athletisicm he shows, as well as the smarts this kid has is pretty exciting right now. Hopefully he keeps showing improvement from week to week.

Date: September 18, 2012 03:33PM

Date: September 18, 2012 03:50PM

I agree with dolphaholic, even despite the back-handed reference to me and Henne (which was true btw). But I said at the time and it's being seen now that 1) we had a bunch of pansy receivers who could not catch a ball that those who denounced Henne said he threw too hard without touch and now we see that these wrs can't catch soft balls that are thrown to them and 2) Tannehill does not have to contend with being pulled out to run the Wildcat, which btw I notice that even Sparano has learned got his butt fired in Miami and hasn't run yet even with Tebow, a much better QB molded to run it even better than Ronnie Brown.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: September 18, 2012 04:52PM

Adding on.

If you look at all the PFF grades for QBs in week 2, Ryan Tannehill was #4 in the league, behind only Vick, Ryan, and Eli.

Pouncey had the 2nd best grade among any Centers in week 2, and ranks 2nd overall through 2 games.

Brian Hartline is the #11 ranked WR through 2 games.

Posted by: gnrbaby ()
Date: September 18, 2012 06:19PM

I'm proud of Ryan, but c'mon man! 178 rush yards per Bush is a game ball in my book.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: September 18, 2012 08:35PM

JC Wrote:
> dolphaholic Wrote:
> -----
> > Hooligan2 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Welcome back smileys with beer
> >
> >
> > X2
>
> X3

X4

Date: September 19, 2012 08:50AM

You can't choose one. They were all good. Bush, Hartline, Tanny. Take away the performance of one and maybe we lose.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: September 19, 2012 09:02AM

Damn good game by the entire team. Tanny is meeting expectations.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: September 19, 2012 11:43AM

No one guy wins the game ... but the question was "best".

Gotta give it Reggie, and as mentioned props to Tanny, Hartline and a host of others.

Not very often a guy knocks out 176 yards, in any league.

Date: September 19, 2012 11:53AM

It seems the same but it is really not PhinJim. I was not saying the question was who won the game. I pointed out that without the contribution of three guys (note I didn't say everyone on the team), we may well have lost. That's not to say that the question was who won the game. I know the question was who was the best offensive player but my answer was that the contribution of all three was so comparable that to say who was the best is at best an unanswerable question and at worst a waste of time.

Again, if you take away the performance of either of the three, we lose the game which translates into a statement that the great play of all three was indispensable which translates into a finding that the play of all three was essentially just as great as the other two of the three.

Now if you think that the play of any one or any two of the three was "just good but not great" as the third then you have an argument with me.

To me, it's like the Miss America contest, can you really say which is the prettiest?

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: September 19, 2012 12:54PM

>Now if you think that the play of any one or any two of the three was "just good but not great" as the third then you have an argument with me.

I still have a valid argusment with you.

You said best, not good or great, Reggie was best.
- No one IMHO did more to contribute to demoralizing Oakland and at the same time supporting Tanehill and the offense by his play
- I do believe all pieces were a help, but that Reggie was the best offensive player on the team last week!

> To me, it's like the Miss America contest, can you really say which is the prettiest?

- Absolutely! Yes you can! Doesn't mean everyone will agree but yes.
- Doesn't mean that all are not pretty

I hope we have the same problem next week deciding who was the best offensive player against the jets, because so many played well!

Date: September 19, 2012 01:09PM

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.