HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Note to Brandon Fields
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Note to Brandon Fields
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 17, 2012 06:25PM

I know you have a powerful foot.

I know you never want to kick a touchback.

But when you're punting and the line of scrimmage is behind our own 20 yard line, please let loose with all you have.

You're not going to kick a touchback but you will probably pin them back behind their own 20.

Just something that has been bothering me for the past two years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2012 06:28PM by ChyrenB.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Note to Brandon Fields
Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: September 17, 2012 08:47PM

There is a thing called out-kicking the coverage.

Date: September 17, 2012 10:55PM

His balls had some serious hang time. Little Jimmy Wilson was down the feild on almost every Kick off. We KILLED on feild position. thumbs up

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 18, 2012 08:27AM

socalphin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There is a thing called out-kicking the coverage.

Not when your line of scrimmage is your own 10 yard line and when the other team obviously does not have their return man waiting behind their 10 yard line.

When Brandon does that. The punt ball usually ends up on the opposition 30. So even if you were right, we're giving up 20 yards right there, even if we cover the kick.

I'd rather have them receive the punt at their 10 yard line even if they were to station their punt returner at the 10 yard line which I think is doubtful and try to meet them before they get to the 30 yard line which is where Brandon kicks the ball in FEAR that he will kick a touchback.

He should let loose.

He's a freak.

We have that freak.

He's afraid of his own power.

The Hang time point is a good point though but I think he could do the same thing if he let loose.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: September 18, 2012 01:52PM

they probably practice it and maybe have problems with outkicking their coverage. I'm sure brandon has discussed this with the ST coach if he really feels like he can boot it 70 yards consistently (which i agree that he can by the way). Maybe better to kick it to the 30 and tackle the returner immediately then kick it to the 10 and let the returner build up a head of steam.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.