HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Matt Moore
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Matt Moore
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: December 13, 2012 07:47AM

Poll
Where will Matt Moore start next year?
Only registered users are allowed to vote for this poll.
19 votes were received.
Arizona 3

16%
Kansas City 2

11%
Buffalo 0

0%
NYJ 5

26%
Jacksonville 1

5%
Oakland 0

0%
Philadelphia 1

5%
back-up Qb somewhere 3

16%
back-up in Miami 4

21%

Do you think Matt Moore will be a starter somewhere next year?

If so, where?

The Jets got a pretty good look at him as he beat their butts this year.

The Eagles could use a WCO QB if they don't fire Andy Reid.

The Jets may have a new coach next year as well. Actually most of those teams that need a starting QB may be out of a job. Funny how that works.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Matt Moore
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 13, 2012 08:31AM

Matt Moore is the perfect back up for us. Particularly if Philbin makes the same decision as some people on this board and plays only his regulars whether he do it only after we are mathematically eliminated or he does it for the last three games.

Philbin should play his backups now because A GAME IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE and like I said before, this is better than pre-season. Philbin should not waste the valuable playing time in a regular season game based on the one in a million shot that we will get in the playoffs.

That said, do I think Matt Moore is the guy who should be given Playing time in the last three games????? HELL NO! We know what he can do. We should be playing PAT DEVLIN to see what kind of backup we would have were we NOT TO HAVE MATT MOORE.

That is the best use of the valuable resource of playing substitutes these last three games. We need to find out what Pat Devlin can be expected to do if we were to lose Tannehill in the middle of a, say for example, 6-1 record next year.

If Devlin does not perform in these last three games, I say we hang on to Matt Moore with a death grip.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 13, 2012 09:02AM

Moore is too good to be a back-up here. He will start somewhere.

Date: December 13, 2012 09:05AM

Now that's a different question, Hooligan. I'm just saying what WE should do in the next few weeks and the off season. Of course, a guy has to look out for himself.

But that being said, Hooligan, after thinking about it, you are right, maybe it was me who was answering the wrong question.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2012 09:09AM by ChyrenB.

Date: December 13, 2012 09:07AM

Tannehill needs the reps more than a backup QB. Devlin will get his reps next preseason. Only way I play Devlin is if we are up 30 points in the 4th quarter. I understand wanting to see what he can do but I believe it is outweighed by the need for experience from RT.

These reps for Tannehill are instrumental to our/his future.

I see two votes that Moore will be in Miami. I asked "where do you think he will be?" NOT "where do you want him to be?" lol

.....................................................................................

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2012 09:41AM by eesti.

Posted by: DarthHoodie ()
Date: December 13, 2012 10:24AM

I see him in red, Cardinal red.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 13, 2012 11:06AM

Mark my words...Matt Moore will remain with the Dolphins.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: December 13, 2012 12:15PM

Hopefully with us. He's a perfect back up. I see him on the Cards short list though. Hopefully he doesn't go to the Jets and have a few carer games against us.

Posted by: angryseas2000 ()
Date: December 13, 2012 01:24PM

take reps away from tannehill the guy who we need to see the most by seasons end and the guy who could benefit most by more game time experience??Just dont understand this logic let the rookie finish with the best palyers you can provide around him and see how he finishes. RT is the most imporant thing we really need to assess for the remainder of the season which is why you play the season out like playoffs are on the line which no matter how remotely they are.

Date: December 13, 2012 02:40PM

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 13, 2012 02:50PM

Moore's salary would be better spent on improving our skill players, special teams, and defense.

He's not going to start, Devlin looked good in camp and the pre-season, so Moore's expendible.

We need another cheap rookie as the #3 to develop.

RT needs to play...period.

Date: December 13, 2012 04:05PM

He roasted the Jets . Sanchez sucks. Tebow will be gone, (WTF did they sign him anyway?) He will be Gangreen.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 13, 2012 06:50PM

Gee whiz so Matt Moore went from being the 2011 Dolphins MVP to being expendable. Go figure.

Date: December 13, 2012 08:02PM

Yeah, that's my point 808. I'm not sure he's that expendable unless his price is so high from bidding from other teams but more than that, that we know we can rely on Pat Devlin.

Yes, RT is going to be better next year but that doesn't say he won't get hurt and it would be a shame if we are 9-3 with four games to go and RT goes down with an injury with 4 crucial games left to go and we had perhaps the best backup in the NFL go without at least making sure the bidding was not too high. Wouldn't it????

Date: December 13, 2012 09:15PM

Devlin may be the best Back up QB in the League.confused smiley

Matt Moore wants to start. He's not starting here.He will move on to a place where he can start for sure or have a shot.

He's gone. Wish we could have gotten a draft pick for him, but thats life.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2012 09:16PM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Date: December 14, 2012 03:37AM

Too many teams needing QB's for him to stay here. Most likely he goes to a team that drafts a rookie in the first or second round as needs him as a transition. I wish him the best. Seems like a great guy.

Posted by: cshashaty ()
Date: December 14, 2012 05:03AM

Matt Moore is gone. He wants a shot at a starting job. I see him moving to the Jets, provided that Rex Ryan and Tony Sparano are still there. Sparano knows him and Moore knows Sanchez is vulnerable.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 14, 2012 07:27AM

Good let him go to the jets. I dont mind at all. Matt Moore is nothing but a journeyman.

Date: December 14, 2012 08:10AM

I think Sparano is definitely gone. He'll be lucky to find an O-line coaching job after his past couple of years in the league.

Rex may get another shot but he'll be told which OC to hire by the GM or he'll be gone too. Of course the GM may get fired too after the bonehead moves he has made over the past couple of years. Most likely not since Woody Johnson still has to pay him through 2014

He started off pretty good from 06 to 07 but personnel wise, he has made some bold moves that didn't pan out since then. That's 5 years of bad moves.

On a side note: He has drafted 4 Qb's in 7 years and still needs one.

Date: December 14, 2012 08:35AM

I guess if he's "nothing but a journeyman" he won't get any offers from anyone, including the Jets, and we won't have any problem keeping him as a backup.

Unfortunately, I don't think that's true and neither does anyone else who has posted on this thread.

Zero people voted for Back Up Somewhere else.

But I having a feeling that one vote for that might be coming up now.

Date: December 14, 2012 09:10AM

quote:Zero people voted for Back Up Somewhere else.

We will see if he is able to start and be successfull for any team. And i think he can start for the jets because sanchez and TBOW both stink even worse.

Neither of the 3 will amount to nothing in this league.

PS. Sanchez stinks yet is starting over TBOW.

I wish moore the best. But thats the way i see it.

Date: December 14, 2012 09:19AM

But a "journeyman" will only be a backup. Of course unless somebody else, some other team, disagrees with the assessment that he is only a journeyman.

Date: December 14, 2012 09:30AM

Moore is better than all the Qb's listed in the poll IMO...with the excetion of maybe Carson Palmer. He is probably better than a few more starters on other teams.

Date: December 14, 2012 10:10AM

Yet he had a rookie QB who used to be a WR in college beat him out of a job. So much for good.

And chren he would be a starter for the jets....because the jets QBs are even worse than him.

Yup you can be a journeyman these days and still start for the jets.

Date: December 14, 2012 10:16AM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Too many teams needing QB's for him to stay here.
> Most likely he goes to a team that drafts a rookie
> in the first or second round as needs him as a
> transition. I wish him the best. Seems like a
> great guy.

That was the plan here and he didn't have it in camp. he never has. But he does seem to show up at game time.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 14, 2012 10:22AM

After marino weve had like 10 journeyman or so start at qb for the phins...And they all stunk.

If you tell me feely wasnt a journeyman? Well..........

We just had noone else.

Date: December 14, 2012 12:53PM

Wow. All of a sudden there appears ONE VOTE for a "back up somewhere else". Wonder where that came from.

Date: December 14, 2012 04:00PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Yet he had a rookie QB who used to be a WR in
> college beat him out of a job. So much for good.

RESPONSE: So what you are saying is that Moore can't be that good if someone as bad as Tannehill beat him out. Is that what you are saying?

But if Tannehill is the "Real Deal" then Moore losing out to Tannehill is no worse than losing out to a "MONTANA-ELWAY-MARINO-AIKMAN- YOUNG-UNITAS Clone."

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 14, 2012 06:14PM

Had the "journeyman" not taken over if the rookie didn't get hurt, the Jets would have probably beaten the Dolphins.

It's not that the rookie who used to be a WR beat the "journeyman" out of a job. It's clearly obvious that the reason the rookie is the starter is because he needs the reps. Even at the expense of winning. I've said it before and I'll say it again - God forbid if an undrafted "journeyman" is named the starter over a top ten pick in the 1st round. That just doesn't happen! ::GASP::!!!

One thing seems certain...Ross will be dead & gone long before the rookie's jersey is ever retired. I've seen nothing in weeks to implicate that his game is improving enough to prove otherwise.

Date: December 15, 2012 03:30AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Yet he had a rookie QB who used to be a WR in
> > college beat him out of a job. So much for
> good.
>
> RESPONSE: So what you are saying is that Moore
> can't be that good if someone as bad as Tannehill
> beat him out. Is that what you are saying?
>
> But if Tannehill is the "Real Deal" then Moore
> losing out to Tannehill is no worse than losing
> out to a "MONTANA-ELWAY-MARINO-AIKMAN-
> YOUNG-UNITAS Clone."

LOL....Once again you manage to twist thing around for your own purposes.

Even a young kid can tell my tagline is there only to annoy dolfanking.

Come on chren do you argue just for the heck of it..?

And you said i cant tell the difference from sarcastic to the real facts?

Look whos talking!!!! smiling smiley

I think Tannehill is going to be great for this team if given the right weapons......receivers, TEnd, OL Running game etc...But he is far from been a superstar....He has a lot of good things going for him, he is tough, smart has the size and arm to get to the next level......

Matt moore has been on this league 6 to 7 years yet has a rookie QB beat him out of a job. There is a reason he hasnt established as a starting qb and hes been in the league 6 or 7 years.

Matt Moore is just not talented enough.

E D I T .....and if you have any questions about his talents.....Ask the phins coaches why they decided....to sit him down in favor of tannehill...... i guess they know more than us right????

Tannehill is a rookie again with a lot of potential. And all we are hoping is that he can take the phins to the next level one day.

We are so high on him because he is the only QB taken by the phins other than marino in the first round....

Hopefully he can turn things around in miami....again if given the right weapons.

PS. You blew my cover chren......AHHH so what the tagline is staying until the real deal becomes a bust....or if he becomes a bust....Until then.....happy readings DK...............

I should had PMd you this message.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2012 03:35AM by samsam3738.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.