HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Matt Moore
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Matt Moore
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 15, 2012 03:53AM

808phan....wrote:..... It's clearly obvious that the reason the rookie is the starter is because he needs the reps

Lets look at a scenario where manning signs with the phins this year and we still draft tannehill for the future...

I guarantee you if the phins believe they will make the playoffs with manning, tannehill would not had seen the field this year.

Its obvious they thought they were not going to go nowhere with matt moore as the starter....and that moore wasnt the future

So they decided to go with the rookie....He impressed for a little while then hit a rookie wall....

Now the jury still out on tannehill. We will see what happens in the future.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 15, 2012 08:11AM

Clearly, Tannehill was named the starter because of his familiarity with Sherman's system. He had a head start on Moore and Garrard. What isn't clear is whether he would have started ahead of a healthy Garrard. We'll never know for sure but, it's doubtful that Tannehill would even have been drafted if Sparano was given an additional season. Moore would likely have started. If Tanny had been drafted by Sparano and Co. and was forced to learn a system that Moore was familiar with then he would likely be holding a clipboard today. Tanny is joined at the hip to Sherman.
Since Sherman was fired as a HC in the NFL before he was fired as a HC in college it's conceivable that "Sherman's System" is not guaranteed for success and may not necessarily be the direction that we follow for years to come.
If Sherman gets fired or moves on for whatever reason and the next OC decides to go in a different direction anything could happen but, certainly Tanny's big advantage would be gone. You never know how things could have turned out.
For want of a horseshoe the kingdom was lost.
These are the kind of thoughts that keep me awake at night after the neighborhood dogs quit barking.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 15, 2012 09:07AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

I think Tannehill is going to be great for this
> team if given the right weapons......receivers,
> TEnd, OL Running game etc...But he is far from
> been a superstar....He has a lot of good things
> going for him, he is tough, smart has the size and
> arm to get to the next level......

RESPONSE: Off the subject. Question is was he started over Matt Moore because AS YOU IMPLIED Matt Moore was not good enough OR instead LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE ALMOST HAS SAID that they wanted to work Tannehill into playing time as soon as possible.

> Matt moore has been on this league 6 to 7 years
> yet has a rookie QB beat him out of a job.

RESPONSE: No, he was brought in because of his history and then the only choice was to sit him on the bench a year or start him. It was their choice to start him. Many experts projected that he would spend the first year learning. So the reason he could have started was because the coaching CHOSE THAT PATH.

There
> is a reason he hasnt established as a starting qb
> and hes been in the league 6 or 7 years.

>
> Matt Moore is just not talented enough.
>

RESPONSE: Yeah, like the fact that LAST YEAR when he came in he led us to a 6-3 record FOR THE FINAL NINE GAMES.

Project that over a full 16 games and it projects out to a 10-6 or 11-5 record.

> E D I T .....and if you have any questions about
> his talents.....Ask the phins coaches why they
> decided....to sit him down in favor of
> tannehill...... i guess they know more than us
> right????

RESPONSE: DO YOU EVEN READ THIS BOARD? The explanation of why the staff went with Tannehill HAS BEEN MADE CLEAR ON THIS BOARD.

Hell, people were even saying IN APRIL WHEN WE DRAFTED HIM that we shouldn't because he would have to wait a year.

Obviously, like someone said, the future of the coaching staff and GM were TIED TO TANNEHILL and the decision was made that they didn't want to draft a guy like Tannehill who many experts had questions about AND THEN SIT HIM FOR A WHOLE YEAR. GEEZ.

>
> Tannehill is a rookie again with a lot of
> potential. And all we are hoping is that he can
> take the phins to the next level one day.
>
> We are so high on him because he is the only QB
> taken by the phins other than marino in the first
> round....
>
> Hopefully he can turn things around in
> miami....again if given the right weapons.
>
>
> PS. You blew my cover chren......AHHH so what the
> tagline is staying until the real deal becomes a
> bust....or if he becomes a bust....Until
> then....

RESPONSE: As long as it makes sense to you.

.happy readings DK...............
>
> I should had PMd you this message.

RESPONSE: Oh yeah, PMs are very important to you. You seem to have a need for friends and bringing someone else into your arguments to help you out or to NOT FEEL that you are alone in a battle.

even though we are talking about DolfanKing who you are now relying on as a friend. Sounds like elementary school to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2012 09:08AM by ChyrenB.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: December 17, 2012 04:45AM

If Moore had started this year we would be in the playoffs.

Tannehill was given the starting nod because he is the chosen one.

Anyone saying sit Tannehill the rest of the year to give the backup playing time has lost 100% credibility with any further comments they make. Holy!

Tannehill needs all the snaps he can get.

Date: December 17, 2012 09:05AM

Date: December 17, 2012 09:10AM

dolphin Wrote:
> If Moore had started this year we would be in the
> playoffs.

RESPONSE: Here I would agree with what SamSam would probably say. I would say "Not necessarily true." He would say "NOT TRUE."

>
> Tannehill was given the starting nod because he is
> the chosen one.

RESPONSE: True.

>
> Anyone saying sit Tannehill the rest of the year
> to give the backup playing time has lost 100%
> credibility with any further comments they make.
> Holy!

RESPONSE: NOT TRUE. Certainly, Tannehill needing snaps is true but a bigger problem is what we do next year for a backup and what we do with Matt Moore's contract.

If those who say he will HIMSELF PREFER TO TAKE a starting job somewhere else AND THAT STARTING JOB WILL BE OFFERED HIM, we need to see what Pat Devlin is all about. He showed promise in pre-season.

The way Kirk Cousins is playing right now when RGIII went down should show you something.

The way Kapaepernick is playing after Alex Smith went down should show you something.

Do we ASSUME Pat Devlin will be able to play like that or DO WE see what he has to offer and be more serious about signing another "David Garrard" type?

No, not lacking in credibility at all.

This consideration is more important than giving Tannehill some late game experience in a season that is not headed toward the playoffs unless a miracle occurs.

> Tannehill needs all the snaps he can get.

RESPONSE: True but there are circumstances that are sometimes overriding.

Date: December 17, 2012 09:17AM

But, of course, dolphin, my using SamSam as a support for any position is fraught with inherent danger as can be shown that while I was typing that message to you, he showed the level of his sophistication (or lack of it) by an intervening post.

So, I take that back dolphin.

Date: December 17, 2012 09:35AM

TWIST TWIST CHRENB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What else can we expect from you.cool smiley

Date: December 17, 2012 09:45AM

What a brilliantly intelligent response you made, SamSam. All full of precise analysis, detailed dissection of the issues, along with a nod to the philosophical. Very sophisticated on your part.

Date: December 17, 2012 09:49AM

Date: December 17, 2012 09:53AM

I was having a conversation WITH dolphin but if to you that is bringing him INTO the conversation, then I guess you can only understand as much as your capacity to understand gives you so if HAVING a conversation with someone is BRINGING THEM INTO YOUR CONVERSATION, then "whatever floats your boat."

Date: December 17, 2012 09:57AM

OOOOOO______________k

Date: December 17, 2012 10:05AM

Date: December 17, 2012 10:30AM

You're embarrassing yourself.

Date: December 17, 2012 11:01AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> You're embarrassing yourself.

Chren i know your whole life revolves around this message board.

Its just a message board chren. It really doent matter what people say in your make believe wonderland.

Date: December 17, 2012 11:06AM

Its going to be allright!

Date: December 17, 2012 11:07AM

Really. Then why did YOU equate your participation in a chatboard argument and say "I feel like" with the Dolphins winning a game?????

Date: December 17, 2012 11:14AM

LMAO.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.