Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          My take from watching a few games on demand yesterday...Week 1 and prediction for phins - raiders.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
My take from watching a few games on demand yesterday...Week 1 and prediction for phins - raiders.
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 12, 2012 04:08AM

1. The jets beat the bills because the bills QB is an INT machine. The jets are not all that great.

2. The colts and andrew luck still have a longs way to go. Luck will be a good QB but in time. Yes tennessee is a very good team....

3. grifith the 3rd is the only rookie qb thats going to be successfull this year. He is a great talent. I will say that. But he has one thing other rookie qbs do not have this year. And that is a very talented team and supporting cast.

4.Jake locker can definetely pass the ball....He can also fumble in the endzone and throw ints....He will be good though he has some talent but is now injured after a tackle he made.

5. The raiders are not a bad football team . In fact other than that longsnapper who stinks to be dam, they are a very good team...They were in the game against the chargers until almost the end..............
Its going to be hard to beat the raiders yes even at home.

6. Marshall is doing good at the bears.........

7. Philly vick got lucky they were playing them terrible browns. Vick threw 4 ints.

8. What happened to brees. His magic is suddenly gone.

9. Baltimore looks ready to make the superbowl.

These are the games that i watched yesterday when i got home from work.
Today im going to watch some more. They show about 15 minute clips of each game ON DEMAND every week and every game is there at the end of the season..... The NFL network cost 5 bucks a month.

Prediction for phins raiders game...

Phins 24
raiders 21

Ive never predicted a phins loss. I think.

GO PHINS

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My take from watching a few games on demand yesterday...Week 1 and prediction for phins - raiders.
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 12, 2012 04:27AM

Re: My take from watching a few games on demand yesterday...Week 1 and prediction for phins - raiders.
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 12, 2012 08:32AM

Posted by: Thirteen ()
Date: September 12, 2012 09:15AM

I'm not old enough to remember the 1945 incident, but I do remember reading about it. My recollection of the story was that it was a very foggy day; I don't know if air traffic control played a role or not. I'm not sure what the state of air traffic control was back then.

I doubt very much this incident served as any inspiration for the events of 9-11, given that apparently so few people remembered it 50-some years later, and that the building didn't fall down after the crash.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 12, 2012 10:14AM

The Empire State building was built very different than the World Trade Center, so it was able to withstand the crash. The World Trade center was, basically, built like a house of cards glued together. It was a much faster and more economical way to build a building...but we all saw the result.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 12, 2012 02:38PM

A steel building of that size, nor any building, is not designed to have an explosion three quarters of the way up go through it igniting 25,000 plus gallon of jet fuel bringing temperatures to levels hot enough to melt anything... The buildings were not a house of cards.. Buildings are not designed to withstand what happened with the fuel element.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2012 02:47PM by Crowder52.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 12, 2012 02:41PM

Thirteen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm not old enough to remember the 1945 incident,
> but I do remember reading about it. My
> recollection of the story was that it was a very
> foggy day; I don't know if air traffic control
> played a role or not. I'm not sure what the state
> of air traffic control was back then.

Yes it was indeed a foggy day, which was one of the TWO FACTORS THAT KEPT THE DEATH TOLL DOWN. The other factor was that it was a Saturday. Since it was a Saturday there were less workers in the building.

But had it not been foggy, the building would have been packed with visitors taking the elevator ride to the top floor to see the City from the vantage point of the top of the Empire State Building.

Since it was foggy, no one would go up to the top since you couldn't see anything anyway.

The broadcast said that definitely there was air traffic control at that time and that it was a mistake was an alternative explanation.

But I remember how things were BEFORE the Kennedy Assasination. We weren't into blame as a nation then. It wasn't like today where everyone is ready to point a finger. But after JFK and the War in Vietnam, we became a different nation.

Then, in 1945, the reaction would likely have been "Hey, it happened. What's the point in trying to fix blame as long as it was a mistake."

That explanation would not satisfy the America of today.

>
> I doubt very much this incident served as any
> inspiration for the events of 9-11, given that
> apparently so few people remembered it 50-some
> years later, and that the building didn't fall
> down after the crash.

Again, you must separate what we know from what Osama knew. Just because most Americans did not know of this does not mean that he didn't.

Osama himself liked to relate the story that when he had planned 9-11 and before it occurred a female follower came to him excitedly and made a statement that chilled him to the bone. She said, "Master, I had a dream wherein I saw planes flying into buildings in America!" He laughed to himself and told her that she had to keep her dreams to herself. He knew that that was precisely what he had planned.

So I don't know how much history Osama knew before he planned it.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 13, 2012 02:29AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A steel building of that size, nor any building,
> is not designed to have an explosion three
> quarters of the way up go through it igniting
> 25,000 plus gallon of jet fuel bringing
> temperatures to levels hot enough to melt
> anything... The buildings were not a house of
> cards.. Buildings are not designed to withstand
> what happened with the fuel element.

The WTC was not built like a traditional steel building. Each floor was build independently, and they were attached together as the building went up. The Empire State has a full steel frame (top to bottom) and a stone exterior. It's a MUCH stronger building and would not have fallen like the WTC did.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: September 13, 2012 06:34AM

I remember reading as a kid about the bomber (B17/ or 25)crashing into the empire state building. The photos I remember showed much more damage to two floors.

For SAMSAM Keep the anti Obama sh*t to yourself especially the Obama bin Laden slur. Obama put that MF in the ground and if you really think the country is in worse shape then you really have your head so far up your stinking ***

Both twin towers of American capitalism shatterd our citadel of national defence breached and we are better off? F/Y
I am not a liberal voted for reagan and both Bushes. facts are facts keep the political BS off the sight.

I support the CIC!
I support this country!

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.