HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Finally a ray of hope!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Finally a ray of hope!
Posted by: DarthHoodie ()
Date: September 10, 2012 04:03AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Finally a ray of hope!
Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: September 10, 2012 04:08AM

that is a slam dunk.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: September 10, 2012 04:11AM

yayyyy smiling smiley

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 10, 2012 04:15AM

Uhh...who replaces him, though? Carl Peterson?

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: September 10, 2012 04:19AM

It doesn't seem to matter.

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: September 10, 2012 04:29AM

So if they axe Fireland, what happens to Philbin? Most GMs want their own coach.

Geezus effing cheese stick. Ross has seriously screwed this team up.

Posted by: Dolfan1976 ()
Date: September 10, 2012 04:51AM

I'm not celebrating this. Because if a new Gm comes in he will probably dump the entire staff and next year we will be rebuilding again. Although I'm not an Ireland supporter based off his drafting ability I'm pulling for him and this team to turn the corner!

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: September 10, 2012 04:53AM

I'd have no problem with Ireland getting the ax, but I DO NOT want Carl Peterson stepping in. That would be like firing Cam Cameron and replacing him with Rod Marinelli.

Posted by: DarthHoodie ()
Date: September 10, 2012 07:13AM

We need this franchise to lose money and fans so Ross gets discouraged and sells it. He obviously has zero football IQ if he was convinced this seasons team was play off bound. drinking smiley

I *shudder* to think Peterson has to possibility to be on his way in, but luckily Peterson is an old man and probably didn't want the job when it was alluded to be offered to him. We'll see...just about anyone is an upgrade over Jeffy at this point. Ireland's only skill seems to be finding UDFA's. Not good enough, I say!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: September 10, 2012 07:34AM

I fear that firing Ireland at this point would be very, very, bad for the team as a whole...it would most likely mean ANOTHER new coach (This would be 7 in 12 seasons), and associated staff and new players, ANOTHER new system...and at minnimum ANOTHER three to five years in the cellar.

We cannot keep firing coaches, GM's and Coordinators...teams that keep doing this are ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, bad!

We need stability above all else. Once we have that, we'll get better.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 10, 2012 07:47AM

doesn't matter. we need to fire Ireland. are you saying keep him around even though he is clearly incompetent? until we get a GM who is not a clueless buffoon, we will be the Matt Miller era Det Lions

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: September 10, 2012 01:34PM

I don't think he's incompetent...he's also had to deal with system changes and he hasen't done a bad job in the last two drafts, JMO.

Date: September 10, 2012 02:09PM

wrong on both counts. he is incompetent and he's done a bad job with the drafts.

Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: September 10, 2012 02:34PM

Keeping Ireland is throwing good money after bad.

Either the new GM is going to judge that the coaching staff knows what they are doing, or the new GM will fire them. I think the only way this could work out long term is if they either give Philbin GM power, or steal someone from Green Bay's FO.

However, it doesn't really matter. If we keep Ireland, then this team will perpetually suck no matter the coaching staff. As an OC once said - "You can't make chicken liver out of chicken "droppings"".

The only problem I have with this is why Ross hasn't fired Ireland already. I mean, to say we have to win at least 5 games or he's gone - why even bother. If Ross has to set the bar that low, after the last two seasons, then he should just fire the guy outright. It would have made a lot more sense considering he was going to change the coaching staff anyways.

This is why Ross is a bad owner. He is only now recognizing the corner he has backed himself into, and is still trying to weasel out with this "at least 5 wins" nonsense. Any rational football observer watching yesterday's game would know that 5 wins is likely not going to happen. And to think that Ireland would keep his job with six wins....

My big worry would be who Ross hires next.

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins. Always Perfect.

Date: September 11, 2012 04:12AM

ross is such a putz he may just give philbin complete control. I think Ross is truly afraid to make football decisions on his own, so if he is "comfortable" around philbin (he reportedly is) and carl peterson approves, he'll probably just allow philbin total power, and there is nothing to suggest he merits that

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 11, 2012 04:27AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ross is such a putz he may just give philbin
> complete control. I think Ross is truly afraid to
> make football decisions on his own,

And thank goodness for that. I'm sure one of the reasons he's afraid to make football decisions on his own, is that he's aware that he's not qualified to make those decisions.

so if he is
> "comfortable" around philbin (he reportedly is)
> and carl peterson approves, he'll probably just
> allow philbin total power, and there is nothing to
> suggest he merits that

I agree, as this is Phiblin's first stint ever at head coach...baby steps. But at the very least Philbin merits it more than Ross himself does.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.