HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          and then there were 6.....WR's
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: and then there were 6.....WR's
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 06, 2012 09:04AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thats why i say armstrong must really be a bust if
> they kept that drop machine nanee poo.

Armstrong? huh?

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: September 06, 2012 09:08AM

No I think it means there's a profound LACK of legit NFL receivers running around... The position is quite thin on a number of teams and the stuff that's available on the free market is either damaged or has some serious issues of one sort or another.

Ireland is not a subversive whatever you think of him, and Philbin has been around the league a while focused on the O and if he was convinced we could upgrade in a reasonable way I tend to think he'd get Ireland to explore that.

Right now there really aren't any great alternatives @WR and since there are a number of teams in the same situation that tells you there's just a shortage of viable "high-performance" WRs in the league right now.

note: rumor has it a number of quality WR prospects are playing Le Cross and some have even reverted to playing Le Chess. Such high fliers favor their rooks and like to get their queen into the game early on!

Besides that, I think the drafts have been a bit talent thin for a while (not a boat load of super-stars coming out and pretty spotty drafts in general). WR happens to be an area where there's a big shortage. There are also a lot of teams thin @OL. And of course Franchise coitusbacks are very rare and highly prized!

BNF. But there's more.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 06, 2012 09:10AM

Eesti i meant cunningham.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: September 06, 2012 09:36AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Did it ever occur to you, SamSam and BNF, the
> reason that Ireland hangs on to Nee Nee Nan Nan
> Nan Nan Nu Nu is because the clown just cannot
> recognize LACK OF TALENT when he sees it and he
> PREFERS it over what YOU clearly can see is
> talent?
>
> Dogs and other animals don't eat sh_t but flies
> DO!
>
> Flies think sh_t tastes Great!
>
> Did it ever occur to you that the simple fact is
> that Ireland is a fly and not a dog or another
> animal?
>
> It's as simple as that.

Chyren, that's it, you've figured it out. Great work. Obviously, all of us here on phins.com have a much greater understanding of identifying talent despite not watching practice, OTA's, or being in the meeting rooms. That has to be it. Ireland has only been around the NFL since he was a kid and been scouting professional for the last 15 years. I can see why you think all of us here have a much greater knowledge of all things scouting and development.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 06, 2012 09:54AM

I have to admit that ireland knows more than me.

We will see in the future if he was right about nanee and if he was right about cutting cunningham.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 06, 2012 10:11AM

BNF, I don't think he's a subversive, just an idiot.

Dolphin 1423, go back to ARTICLES WRITTEN AT THE TIME THAT IRELAND WAS APPOINTED GM IN 2008, YOU'LL SEE THAT THEY WERE HEAVY WITH CRITICISM THAT THE JOB WAS TOO BIG FOR HIM, THAT HE HAD SPENT ALL OF HIS TIME IN SCOUTING AND THAT THERE ARE DIFFERENT SKILL SETS REQUIRED FOR SCOUTING THAN BEING A GENERAL MANAGER.

Go back and read those articles and then give me all your talk about how much more he knows than folks on this chatboard.

And explain all his bad moves, having to trade away low folks he drafted HIGH!

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 06, 2012 10:33AM

We have 52 players on our roster right now. Please sign someone already.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: September 06, 2012 11:53AM

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 06, 2012 12:24PM

I think Irelands pick up of Reggie Bush was good... But so much in life, the good gets outweighed by the bad, no matter who you are...
And Ireland has alot of skeletons in his closet of past signings and drafts picks... How many postions have gotten better each year under Ireland and how many got worse... If three positions got worse and one got better, not to many people are going to jump up and down about that one positions... Think about it, Hey the team is falling apart we fired our coach, but at least we signed Reggie Bush... That is like the Rams GM and coach being heralded for Steven jackson drafting and play, while the franchise fell apart around them...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: September 06, 2012 03:51PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Dolphin 1423, go back to ARTICLES WRITTEN AT THE
> TIME THAT IRELAND WAS APPOINTED GM IN 2008, YOU'LL
> SEE THAT THEY WERE HEAVY WITH CRITICISM THAT THE
> JOB WAS TOO BIG FOR HIM, THAT HE HAD SPENT ALL OF
> HIS TIME IN SCOUTING AND THAT THERE ARE DIFFERENT
> SKILL SETS REQUIRED FOR SCOUTING THAN BEING A
> GENERAL MANAGER.
>
> Go back and read those articles and then give me
> all your talk about how much more he knows than
> folks on this chatboard.
>
> And explain all his bad moves, having to trade
> away low folks he drafted HIGH!

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve criticism as he obviously has made mistakes. If you look at those articles, most of the questions weren't involving his ability to evaluate talent but his ability at the other aspects of being a GM. He has shown a good head for trades and his FA signings have been a mixed bag, depending on how much credit/blame you give him for moves made when Parcells was here. His player relations have been the most difficult aspect of the job for him it seems.

My main point, chyren, was that Ireland knows a lot more than any of us here and it is ridiculous to suggest otherwise. If you want to complain about a move or non-move that he made then by all means do so but please leave off the talk about him being a complete moron and insinuating that anyone here knows more than him.

Date: September 06, 2012 06:01PM

Yes, Dolphaholic, and I have also defended him on Pouncey and Long. But you've got to look at the whole picture.

You can't just call him even since 2008 for about 3 good picks when numerous ones have blown up in his face.

Nee Nee Nan Nan will prove the next one.

Date: September 06, 2012 07:52PM

1423, you have your opinion and I have mine. I think he is thoroughly incompetent.

I disagree violently that he has shown a good head for trades. And I think his free agent signings is exemplied by Nee Nee Na Na Na Na Nu Nu. I mean, I'd never heard of this dude.

And Parcells. Stop beating that dead horse. Parcells had a distinguished career in the NFL and you seriously are not going to say Ireland was better than him??????????????????????????????????

Date: September 06, 2012 10:23PM

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: September 07, 2012 03:49AM

i really like the looks of the Matthews kid at WR

Date: September 07, 2012 09:24AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> 1423, you have your opinion and I have mine. I
> think he is thoroughly incompetent.

Fair enough. I was only arguing against comparing his knowledge to that of a fan on a chat board.

>
> I disagree violently that he has shown a good head
> for trades.

This has been talked about before but obviously I disagree. We resisted the urge to trade for Orton, Kolb, got good value for Vontae, got the Reg for a measly 5th rounder, and avoided getting suckered into trading up for Tannyhill. Ireland has a good poker face.

And I think his free agent signings
> is exemplied by Nee Nee Na Na Na Na Nu Nu. I
> mean, I'd never heard of this dude.

Yeah but Naanee is making vets minimum, we can cut bait at any time with minimal losses. I'm more interested in seeing Richard Marshall this season since he is actually costing us a bit against the cap.

> And Parcells. Stop beating that dead horse.
> Parcells had a distinguished career in the NFL and
> you seriously are not going to say Ireland was
> better than him??????????????????????????????????

Never said that and I didn't imply it. I was saying we can give credit/blame to either Parcells or Ireland for signing Bess, Wake, Starks, Grove, Smiley, gbril wilson, etc. Some good and some bad and I have no idea who was behind each of them specifically.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.