HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Vonta Davis traded to colts
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Vonta Davis traded to colts
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 27, 2012 02:59AM

I was thinking the same thing about Dansby. He hasn't done squat since coming here besides show up out of shape like VD did. His only saving grace was that he didn't do it again this year...or did he? he has been sidelined all preseason and from the look of the 1st team defense (Spitler) in the last game he wasn't missed much.

Then he goes on to run his mouth publicly about the CJ firing. Not what the FO wants to hear or what the team needs. if you have a problem deal with it internally. Not as a sound bite for national media.

Ireland is already looking to use some of those stockpiled draft picks (3-twos and 2 threes) on a trade for a player this year.

If we come out of this with a quality number 1 or 2 WR then dumping Davis was absolutely worth it. RT NEEDS the weapons.

What kind of a moron does it take to accept several million dollars and then not even bother to prepare yourself for your job? I think the FO is answering that question right now.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 27, 2012 04:14AM

This is so stupid... Wtf is wrong with Philbin and Ireland... Shmucks... Trading Marshall and Davis this offseason possible the best players on our team... We suck Ireland and Philbin are idiot douchebags..

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 27, 2012 04:22AM

This might be the first year in my entire history of life that I boycott the dolphins...I just have zero interest in supporting these clowns, from ross to Ireland to Philbin... They don't deserve our respect or support... Trading away our best cb for less then he cost us and having wr problems after trading away our top wr for less then he cost us... Total waste because that is what will happen with the acquired draft picks, they will be wasted...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: August 27, 2012 04:34AM

Vontae Davis was our best CB, but I'm not going to cry over a guy who can't report for camp in shape, has a crap attitude, and gets suspended for showing up DRUNK to practice.

Good riddance to Vontae, I can't believe we snookered the Colts for a 2nd round pick.

But the fact that he was our best CB is just another indictment of Jeff Ireland.

Date: August 27, 2012 04:37AM

Davis is a man-child. He's out of shape. He needs a potty break. And those are minor issues compared to showing up for practice drunk, as Davis was suspended for last year. - And now they're kicked out of town by the new coach because of losing attitudes. - dave hyde

.....................................................................................

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 27, 2012 04:42AM

Hey, at least we got something for him. The alternative would have been to have him play like crap this year and cut him at the end of the season. Now we have a chip (2nd round) to play with.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: August 27, 2012 04:47AM

Good move Vonte is talented but I think this guy brings some negative issues w/ him. Keep it going I agree w/ Dansby but not until after the season and guys like Egnew.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: August 27, 2012 05:31AM

Whether this was a good move or not is yet to be seen. One thing's for sure...right or wrong, Philbin has balls made of plutonium.

I was a big fan of Davis, but I was also very disappointed in his showing up out of shape last year, as well has his suspension for being drunk/hungover at practice. If he didn't learn his lesson from that and showed up out of shape again this year, then it was probably the right thing to do, as much as I liked the guy.

And, I can't believe that about 90% of you draft-niks out there aren't ecstatic over this. We got two picks for him, right?

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: August 27, 2012 07:18AM

yeah but if ireland is making those picks they will suck

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: August 27, 2012 07:19AM

Great move!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 27, 2012 08:20AM

I like Philbin but hate Ireland. You tell me WHO made the move and I'll tell you whether I like it.

Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: August 27, 2012 08:25AM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was thinking the same thing about Dansby. He
> hasn't done squat since coming here besides show
> up out of shape like VD did.

He is our best defender, and our defense has been pretty good.

Talk about hating....

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins. Always Perfect.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: August 27, 2012 08:29AM

DolfanKing Wrote:
> eesti Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I was thinking the same thing about Dansby. He
> > hasn't done squat since coming here besides
> show
> > up out of shape like VD did.
>
> He is our best defender, and our defense has been
> pretty good.
>
> Talk about hating....

He's also drastically overpaid, and has proven injury prone. This is the last year of guaranteed money in Dansby's deal, and you can be assured that the only way he is still here in 2013 is if he takes a massive pay cut.

Date: August 27, 2012 08:55AM

DolfanKing Wrote:
> eesti Wrote:
> -----
> > I was thinking the same thing about Dansby. He
> > hasn't done squat since coming here besides
> show
> > up out of shape like VD did.
>
> He is our best defender, and our defense has been
> pretty good.
>
> Talk about hating....

Our best defender? Are you kidding me? and hating? yes I hate unmotivated millionaires that sit back and rest on their laurels after getting a big payday. Why should I show any loyalty to a guy that doesn't give a crap about the Miami Dolphins?

He was supposed to be a vet leader and he shows up 30 friggin pounds overweight? He hasn't even been as good as Crowder. No big plays...just sitting back collecting tackles thanks to our ACTUALL best defenders.... Cameron Wake, Randy Starks, Paul Soliai.

Our 1st team D looked pretty good without him last week. Actually our backup LBer's looked better in pass coverage. It was either Trusnik or Guyton that shut down Julio Jones on one play. They were all over the place in the nickle D.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: August 27, 2012 09:10AM

I like what the team is doing. If you are not winning you should be rebuilding and we have definately not been winning the last few years. This team has 'got to get its mind right'. We have given guys like Davis and Dansby time to step up and they have not. Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way. The phins are removing obstacles, hopefully some new leaders will step forward. If we can move guys like Bell Carey and Langsford(sp?) that gave good effort I don't mind losing guys like Davis.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 27, 2012 11:17AM

eesti Wrote:
> DolfanKing Wrote:
> -----
> > eesti Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I was thinking the same thing about Dansby.
> He
> > > hasn't done squat since coming here besides
> > show
> > > up out of shape like VD did.
> >
> > He is our best defender, and our defense has
> been
> > pretty good.
> >
> > Talk about hating....
>
> Our best defender? Are you kidding me? and hating?
> yes I hate unmotivated millionaires that sit back
> and rest on their laurels after getting a big
> payday. Why should I show any loyalty to a guy
> that doesn't give a crap about the Miami
> Dolphins?
>
> He was supposed to be a vet leader and he shows up
> 30 friggin pounds overweight? He hasn't even been
> as good as Crowder. No big plays...just sitting
> back collecting tackles thanks to our ACTUALL best
> defenders.... Cameron Wake, Randy Starks, Paul
> Soliai.
>
> Our 1st team D looked pretty good without him last
> week. Actually our backup LBer's looked better in
> pass coverage. It was either Trusnik or Guyton
> that shut down Julio Jones on one play. They were
> all over the place in the nickle D.

Eesti is right about this.......

Date: August 28, 2012 06:07PM

Wow. Vontae Davis could be a great CB. After seeing the meeting on HK I'm not sure the guy has the maturity or mental capacity to take that next step for awhile. Probably a good move to trade him. I'm sure he may have some good moments in Indy that we will see on highlights. What we won't see is the mental lapses.

His first reaction to the news he was traded...

"I wanna to call my gramma"

Ireland: "lets talk a little business before you call gramma"

He was actually getting ready to dial the phone. Probably a good kid but...good luck in Indy.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: August 28, 2012 06:47PM

eesti Wrote:

> His first reaction to the news he was traded...
>
> "I wanna to call my gramma"
>
> Ireland: "lets talk a little business before you
> call gramma"
>
> He was actually getting ready to dial the phone.
> Probably a good kid but...good luck in Indy.

That was hilarious. with each firm and correct decision, Philin is becoming more assertive and confident. He knows what kind of players he needs on this team to become winners. If you aren't listening to the interviews on the team website, then you should. Just listening to the players, you can determine who is going to be kept or cut. Our team is loaded with smart, strong character individuals who are committed to excellence. Those are the kinds of players that come together to be a great team. Philbin and Ireland both have a strong conviction for that type of player. I don't think we will consider players with character issues or crackheads for mothers anymore. I agree with many of you that are saying Dansby isn't long for this team, although I suspect he plays this year. He is seen as a leader by the players on this team, but I have a sense that the coaches don't think much of his leadership. I hate hearing him speak as he constantly precedes everything with "Like I said." when he hasn't said it yet. He also endlessly follows up with "You know what I'm sayin'". Once I heard him say them back to back essentially saying nothing at all.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: August 29, 2012 09:34AM

What we all must remember is that Philbin came from a classy, winning, organization - the Packers. It was "do it the Packers way or do it someplace else." Philbin is trying to do the same thing in Miami.

Miami has been losers for too many years to count. This team needs to have a house cleaning. Get in line or get out.

I have no problem in what Philbin/Ireland are doing.

Date: August 29, 2012 09:42AM

This team has been doing it the wrong way and its time to start doing it the right way...

From cecil collins to brandon marshall to ocho cinco and the rest of the DUNG in between. Its time to get rid of all the pest.

Date: August 29, 2012 09:44AM

and every coach in the NFL has preached it but nobody wants to walk the walk.

Date: August 29, 2012 09:47AM

eesti Wrote:
> and every coach in the NFL has preached it but
> nobody wants to walk the walk.

There is probably so much DUNG playing NFL football that if they cut all of them , then many teams would be incomplete by a lot of players.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.