HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          A Tony Sparano Like Coaching Decision
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
A Tony Sparano Like Coaching Decision
Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: August 25, 2012 07:18PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A Tony Sparano Like Coaching Decision
Posted by: Fin fan24 ()
Date: August 25, 2012 07:27PM

No if the starters need the reps to improve especially the younger players it makes complete sense.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: August 25, 2012 07:36PM

i am fine giving RT some more reps, and J Martin, and all WRs but Bess, they need them. I am sure we sit out few "good" players (short list): Long, Pouncey, Bess, Dansby, Wake, Bush, maybe a few others on D. If anyone else gets hurt, what is really the difference? We can pick up someone off waivers just as good.

Date: August 25, 2012 07:40PM

Tanny needs to create a "chemistry" with players like Bess and Fasano. Nothing to do with them trying to make the team.

Just another Troll fail King.......

Date: August 25, 2012 09:39PM

This will blow up in Philbin's face.

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins. Always Perfect.

Date: August 25, 2012 09:40PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Just another Troll fail King.......

Well you seem to have replied with a flame......

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 26, 2012 04:50AM

Sherman said, guys like Long, incognito, pouncey don't need snaps, but guys like Tannehill and others need as many snaps as they can get...I agree with him, let's hope these players can avoid injury. There is defintely alot of risk involved.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: August 26, 2012 05:14AM

I agree the guys that need the work will, and should, play...the others won't.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: August 26, 2012 12:46PM

Date: August 26, 2012 12:55PM

This is a horrible move.

The game is absolutely meaningless. Most teams are just looking at bubble players and backups, trying to make decisions on cutting. The other team will be most second, third, forth stringers.

Ultimately, this is nothing more than a glorified practice against bench players or soon to be UPS delivery drivers. The team could get a lot more mileage out of practicing against its own scout squad who will be trying to replicate Houston.

Bad, bad decision. It cost Tony, and it may end up costing Philbin.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 27, 2012 12:16PM

You have a point dolphnking but injuries are part of the game.

And this team needs all the reps they can get.

I wouldnt mind if they play the starters for a while.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: August 28, 2012 05:02AM

As a side note on Sparano did anyone else like seeing the Jest's score ONLY FIELD GOALS vs Carolina? LOL! I was SO wanting to see a FIST PUMP! smileys with beer

Date: August 28, 2012 05:13AM

KB Wrote:
> As a side note on Sparano did anyone else like
> seeing the Jest's score ONLY FIELD GOALS vs
> Carolina? LOL! I was SO wanting to see a FIST
> PUMP! smileys with beer

smileys with beer

A fist pump after a fieldgoal and to top it off......in preseason. That would be something.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: August 28, 2012 06:07AM

My guess is that the coaches want to see some chemistry develop with the OL, particularly how they might function if and when Long is out.

Yes a small risk , but better to get the assignments down before we face Houston.

Not a poor coaching decision - just necessary where they are now.

This team is playing catch up big time. RT needs the reps, and the offense needs the reps too.

If they can't hold up for a series or so, what the heck?

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: August 28, 2012 07:51AM

DK you've got to be the most incessantly negative "fan" I've ever witnessed around these parts. Frankly you're NOT a fan at all IMO. At least not of the Miami Dolphins. So what's up with that? There's nothing you like about the organization, you spin every situation into a reason to condemn the team, and seemingly try to spread doom and gloom in every conceivable manner.

I think you should be banned from the board at this point because all you do is act like troll. And sooner or later, that’s all you are when that’s all you do.

Why don’t you just STFU and go BS somewhere else?

I mean really dude. You’re “shtick” is so predictably repetitive and turgid it’s just stupid at this point.

BNF.

Date: August 28, 2012 08:12AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
> DK you've got to be the most incessantly negative
> "fan" I've ever witnessed around these parts.
> Frankly you're NOT a fan at all IMO. At least not
> of the Miami Dolphins. So what's up with that?
> There's nothing you like about the organization,
> you spin every situation into a reason to condemn
> the team, and seemingly try to spread doom and
> gloom in every conceivable manner.
>

I'm down on the team because I don't see a lot to be positive about. This team is quite obviously being run into the ground.

> I think you should be banned from the board at
> this point because all you do is act like troll.
> And sooner or later, that’s all you are when
> that’s all you do.
>
> Why don’t you just STFU and go BS somewhere
> else?
>

You and a couple other posters think this. You are welcome to your opinion, but I am a Dolphins fan, and I've yet to get any kinds of warnings from the site owners/moderators regarding an apparent negativity.

It seems they realize I'm a genuine frustrated fan and agree that forums are an appropriate outlet for such complaints.

> I mean really dude. You’re “shtick” is so
> predictably repetitive and turgid it’s just
> stupid at this point.
>

For now you may have to put up with it. I'm not happy about this team. We've had now years to rebuild from the debacles of Wanny and Cam, and now we find ourselves having to rebuild again. Unfortunately, I see this team making the same mistakes over and over again. I'm done looking at the world with the orange and aqua glasses. This fan is now looking at this team with a more realistic perspective, and he doesn't like what he sees.

Date: August 28, 2012 08:26AM

OMG. Did that naughty Wanny man steal your Ken doll?

How about living in the present a bit? This ain't life and death shit ya know. Every year it’s a NEW YEAR in football. And now, BIG NEWS DUDE, we have a new HC and QB and some really HOT cheerleaders from what I’ve seen…

Perk it up baby! Mommy will bring a new Ken doll by Christmas and maybe you can stay up late a watch Bonanza.

LOL.

Ya see dude, ya just can’t take this stuff TOO SERIOUS because then it’s NOT FUN! And if it ain’t fun being a “fan” then move on and play doctor with the girl next door.

It’s like “hi sweetie, do you wanna play with my pig skin?”

And she said, “ha ha I thought they cut that off when you were born!”

Get it?

hot smiley

Date: August 28, 2012 09:37AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
> OMG. Did that naughty Wanny man steal your Ken
> doll?
>
> How about living in the present a bit? This ain't
> life and death shit ya know. Every year it’s a
> NEW YEAR in football. And now, BIG NEWS DUDE, we
> have a new HC and QB and some really HOT
> cheerleaders from what I’ve seen…
>
> Perk it up baby! Mommy will bring a new Ken doll
> by Christmas and maybe you can stay up late a
> watch Bonanza.
>

No need to get abusive.

This year, this team sucks. It has been that way for four out of the last 5 years and 7 out of the last nine years.

I get it, your angry at the message, so you attack the messenger. It is hard to come to the realization that your favorite team is bad and will likely be bad for as long as its crappy management is in place, and then for a year or so after for the new guy to straighten things out.

Ireland is the next Matt Millen. Acceptance is the first step to recover.

Date: August 28, 2012 09:45AM

MikeO

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 28, 2012 09:47AM

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: August 28, 2012 09:56AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
> DK you've got to be the most incessantly negative
> "fan" I've ever witnessed around these parts.
> Frankly you're NOT a fan at all IMO. At least not
> of the Miami Dolphins. So what's up with that?
> There's nothing you like about the organization,
> you spin every situation into a reason to condemn
> the team, and seemingly try to spread doom and
> gloom in every conceivable manner.
>
> I think you should be banned from the board at
> this point because all you do is act like troll.
> And sooner or later, that’s all you are when
> that’s all you do.
>
> Why don’t you just STFU and go BS somewhere
> else?
>
> I mean really dude. You’re “shtick” is so
> predictably repetitive and turgid it’s just
> stupid at this point.
>
> BNF.

Can't agree with ya, BigNasty.

I have seen some overly negative posters on other Dolphins' boards in the past. DolfanKing is not in the same boat.

I have followed the Fins longer than I care to admit, and have been thru everyone of their ups and downs. I have, over the last couple of years, become more frustrated than I ever have with this team. It probably doesn't mean much, but for the first time in over 20 years, I did not renew my Dolphin Digest subscription. I got tired of paying for something that is extremely poor on the field.

DolfanKing just puts his frustration in writing, and many people on this board don't like it. Thus far, I haven't seen anything by him that is out of line. I have to agree with him in most instances; and ask myself Where is this team headed?

Thus far, I haven't seen anything from the Fins' organization that is telling any of its fans that they are on the right track. It seems to many of us that the Fins are, in actuality, rebuilding, although the organization won't admit it.

We all keep saying that this is a new regime, give them a chance. Well, we have been saying that for quite some time, now; how long can we keep saying that before we just give up?

I, for one, will never leave my Fins. I know that sooner or later they will get back on track and bring back that winning tradition.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 28, 2012 09:57AM

BNF, he is neither a troll nor a fan of another team.

You say he is a "Debbie Downer." You're right about that.

But I think it mainly stems from the fact that he was violently opposed to the Tannehill pick.

So was I but I've come to love RT and think he will be great.

He hasn't. He's still trying to prove he's right about that.

Moreover, we must concede that our team has deep trouble at WR, TE, OL, and some elements of the defense.

That's just reality.

Date: August 28, 2012 09:58AM

eesti Wrote:
> This year, this team sucks.
>
> "This year" doesn't start for another week and a
> half.

And he is saying the team stinks already....

I think dolfanking is just a poster that was banned before and now he comes here mad as hell trying to be as negative towards the phins as possible.

He still hasnt said a positive thing about the dolphins since hes been here yet.

Date: August 28, 2012 12:01PM

Unrelenting negativity in EVERY scenario is NOT indicative of a “fan” by any legit definition.

Incessant “the team sucks the coach sucks the owner sucks the Ireland sucks England sucks Belgium makes sucky waffles and SFL is pig shit means someone is a subversive in the woodpile IMO.

Whatever. I tru my best to ignore idiot posts at this point because they’re ALL just the same regurgitated pile of monkey dung… And frankly, I don’t care if anyone agrees with me or not. I’ll “ban myself” soon enough if this is the type of garbage the board is heretofore all about. I mean WHY would anyone subject themselves to such unrelenting negativity unless they actually enjoy it?

Once again kiddies… we’re in the beginning phases of recovering for the Parcells induced coma on this franchise. The only remaining seed from that malady is Ireland, and I think we ALL have a collective skeptical eye on his ass. But really top notch GM’s don’t grow on pigskin trees so maybe (just MAYBE) Ireland can blossom and become a very solid GM. I actually believe that’s a possibility, even tho I’ve harassed the “punk” in the past. Everyone has the right to prove they are capable – and no matter what any of us say, Ireland is respected around the league for his eye for talent. So you can bet if we chase his ass out of town he will definitely land another GM job in pretty short order. Why? Because he’s really young, 100% dedicated to his craft, and is learning his lessons in real time.

Like it or NOT, we’ve got to give HIM & Philbin a reasonable period of time to prove they are competent TOGETHER. If they prove they are not, I will be at the bleeding edge of cutting them to pieces.

BUT THIS IS NOT THE RIGHT TIME FOR TEARING THINGS DOWN!!!!!!!

Cut these guys some slack and find a way to support their efforts. If you CAN’T do that, then I think you’d be better off leaving the subject matter ALONE until the verdict is in.

This is a NEW REGIME!

WTF don’t you get about that essential fact???????????????

BNF.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: August 28, 2012 03:03PM

Well said BNF.

Date: August 28, 2012 03:04PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> eesti Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > This year, this team sucks.
> >
> > "This year" doesn't start for another week and
> a
> > half.
>
>
> And he is saying the team stinks already....
>

If that isn't obvios to you, then your head is in the sand. This year, this team is bad. I thought we would be better than last year, but I'm beginning to have doubts.

> I think dolfanking is just a poster that was
> banned before and now he comes here mad as hell
> trying to be as negative towards the phins as
> possible.
>

Once again, someone tries to explain me away with the "once was a banned poster" crap. People who say this have never been so wrong....

> He still hasnt said a positive thing about the
> dolphins since hes been here yet.

That isn't true. People certainly like to elaborate on my "negative" comments, but if you all weren't so worried about my minor criticisms of the team, than posts with so called "negative" slants would be far less. But the fact is, most of what I post is facts that are just hard for some to accept.

I get it, many of you don't want to face the reality. I used to be like that. But after 7 of the last 9 years seeing this team descend into complete garbage (soon to by 8 of 10), I've kind of had it. And it doesn't seem as though I'm the only one....

I'm beginning to see two types of fans emerge. One type still holds on to the fantasy that the team might be good - a reasonable belief given that for nearly 30 years straight we were almost always in the preseason discussion of top teams. The other has woken up to the reality that this team is in a long term funk... a down cycle that could be on par with the Detroit Lions of mid 60's to mid 80's.

I get that some in the fantasy crowd might get upset with the message the realists may give. It is hard to come to terms with the fact that the team may never again go through a period of power it had under Shula, and to some extent, JJ.

I'm not angry or here to argue with those fantasy holders that are angry. I understand where you are coming from. I just hold a more enlightened view of this team.

Date: August 28, 2012 03:18PM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
> Unrelenting negativity in EVERY scenario is NOT
> indicative of a “fan” by any legit
> definition.
>

This just isn't true.

> Once again kiddies… we’re in the beginning
> phases of recovering for the Parcells induced coma
> on this franchise.

Not really. Parcells flunky is still here. And that Coma was induce long before Parcells. It was started by Wanny, then Saban, then Cameron, then Parcells. I would trace it back to Huizenga - he is the common denominator. He then left the fans with a joke of an owner to clean up his mess.

Really this all goes back to Huizenga. Look at how he handled the Marlins. His first chance to say the team was any good, after that 11-5 season, he cashed out.

If Ross had any sense he would have cleaned house then. That includes the GM, and the coach. But he didn't, because he is way more interested in selling tickets by brining in b-list stars and changing the stadium sound track. And so we are sill left with a major vestage of that coma - namely Jeff Ireland.

And Ireland does suck.

> Like it or NOT, we’ve got to give HIM & Philbin
> a reasonable period of time to prove they are
> competent TOGETHER. If they prove they are not, I
> will be at the bleeding edge of cutting them to
> pieces.
>
> Cut these guys some slack and find a way to
> support their efforts. If you CAN’T do that,
> then I think you’d be better off leaving the
> subject matter ALONE until the verdict is in.
>

I've generally been supportive of Philbin. And although you claim I've never said anything positive, I've said a LOT of positive things about Philbin, But like most people who live in a fantasy world about this team, I go and post one critical item about the HC and you go ballistic.

As for cutting coaches slack - I've cut slack for Saban, Cameron, and Sparano. That trick never works.

When I see a brand new head coach make the same mistakes as other brand new head coaches who have FAILED, I'm going to say something. I get that you may not like it, but I'm not necessarily here because of you. You want that kind of treatment, maybe you should start a forum on BigNastyFish.com and then you can insult and then ban anyone that doesn't have sunshine coming out of their rear when it comes to the subject of Philbin and Ireland.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2012 03:20PM by DolfanKing.

Date: August 28, 2012 03:28PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> BNF, he is neither a troll nor a fan of another
> team.
>
> You say he is a "Debbie Downer." You're right
> about that.
>
> But I think it mainly stems from the fact that he
> was violently opposed to the Tannehill pick.
>

Wrong. It stems for 7 of the past nine years of having this team be complete garbage and seeing nothing that would make me think a change is at hand. The Tannehill pick told me it would just be more of the same.

> So was I but I've come to love RT and think he
> will be great.
>
> He hasn't. He's still trying to prove he's right
> about that.
>

Not at all. I'm sure I'm right that RT will perform about on the level of Henne. That is not necessarily a bad thing, unless you hated Henne.

> Moreover, we must concede that our team has deep
> trouble at WR, TE, OL, and some elements of the
> defense.
>

Yup. But that has been a problem for years. All anyone seems worried about is QB, so the FO took one with a reach.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 28, 2012 03:32PM

Well you can speak for yourself better than I can.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 28, 2012 03:35PM

The only thing around here that is fantasy is the fact that you think you are "enlightened" and only offer "minor criticisms".

But....That's what the city of Miami is known for...fair weather fans...which is what you are.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.