HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Riley Reiff
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Riley Reiff
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: January 03, 2012 06:00PM

This big ass corn fed Iowa player is going to declare for the draft. For what it's worth Kiper who isn't a genius by all means has him rated the #7 rated player available if he declares. 6ft 6in 300lbs can run 40 in under 5 seconds 4.9 or something close to that. I would take him along with Jerry at guard, cut Columbo, and bam very good offensive line. Then take best available player the rest of the draft. Moore can be good if not running for his life or dodging wouldbe rushers. Let's get a dominant offensive line then see how much better that can make this team. Also I am not sold on Daniel Thomas runs to upright, and misses the open whole frequently. Maybe sign one of my favorite players to pair with Bush that being Peyton Hillis who is also a good reciever, and then offense is pretty much set me thinks. Defense we need a safety who can cover and tackle. Another corner to replace the rastafarian who can't play a lick. Another pass rushing linebacker to replace J. T., and this team will make a giant leap forward next year.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Riley Reiff
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 03, 2012 06:36PM

yes we all knew it would come to this. no 1st round QB but instead another cornfed lineman in the top 10 of the draft. Let's see since 2008 we've drafted

#1 overall Jake Long
#4 Shawn Murphy
#6 Don Thomas

#6 Andrew Gardner

#3 John Jerry

#15 Mike Pouncy

and the OL still sucks. So let's add a OL at #8 overall this year.

That would make3 #1 draft picks (2 in the top 10), a #3, and #4, and 2 #6 picks in 4 years.

But---it makes more sense than another DL, that's for sure

In all seriousness, if reif is good, we'd have a pretty great OL, with bookend tackles, and very good center, and decent guard play from among Jerry, Inocognito, and Carey. With no QB, we'll get a ton of FGs, without of fist pumping this time

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 03, 2012 06:51PM

What do your #'s mean? If you mean rounds, then Pouncey should be #1, not #15. If you mean actual # drafted, then you're WAY off. I see no issue with us drafting O-Line in later rounds (4th and lower) every year. At best those guys provide depth, and we have a chance to hit on one (too bad Thomas didn't work out). At worst they don't make the team, but plenty of guys drafted in the 4th round or later don't make it.

Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: January 03, 2012 07:11PM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 04, 2012 02:43AM

Sorry for the confusion. For those drafted in 1st I indicated where in first they were drafted, ie pouncy went 15th in 1st. The rest I indicated the round drafted.

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: January 04, 2012 03:36AM

If you don't get Luck or Griffin who I don't want anyway. Then do you try and build a dominant offensive line so that Moore or a free agent QB can have a better season than they did last year? I think the question is a legitimate one because unless we trade draft picks we will not get either of the topm 2 QB's in the upcoming NFL draft. Then it would be on to plan B. For me it would be sign Flynn, and build up the offensive line so that when a player gets hurt he has a capable replacement instead of what we saw in the Eagles debacle.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 04, 2012 05:11AM

I guess if there is no absolute way we can move up....I guess Rieff wouldnt be the worst pick.

Like Berk said, a DL would be worse.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.