HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Good performance, but...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Good performance, but...
Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: November 20, 2011 11:53AM

... same stuff, different year.

The Dolphins have once again proven that they can beat up on bad quarterbacks. Matt Cassel, Rex Grossman, Ryan Fizpatrick. Three guys who are either below average or simply bad. We saw this last year with wins over old man Favre, Trent Edwards, etc.

While it's nice to see that our team has some adequate pieces going forward, we're still 3-7 and we still haven't beaten any good teams with quality QBs.

I really hope we don't fall into the same trap that we did with Nick Saban and Dave Wannstedt and think that because we picked up some wins down the stretch against subpar competition, everything is great and we can just keep doing what we're doing.

This team still needs a major overhaul in the offseason, and the unfortunate result of this winning streak is that Jeff Ireland probably sticks around to draft more linemen in the first round and Tony Sparano just might get another shot to be a stunningly mediocre coach.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Good performance, but...
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: November 20, 2011 12:26PM

Date: November 20, 2011 12:47PM

The Bills have been blown out three weeks in a row now and Fitzpatrick has had 5 games with multiple picks this season. Again, it's the same story as last season. Beat up on bad teams and then get stomped 34-6 by the Jets or some other squad that shows up to play real football.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: November 20, 2011 12:57PM

Oh BooHoo, the Dolphins are winning, woe is me.
Two of the three teams that the Phins beat had winning records, not an insignificant feat in today's NFL.
Give me a win on Thursday and make this "Suck for Whoever" go away.

Date: November 20, 2011 01:21PM

Another guy who is thrilled to be 3-7 chimes in.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: November 20, 2011 02:37PM

Another guy that sees the glass half empty. Jay sees a 3 - 7 record and I see a three game winning streak. Yeah, I'm thrilled.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 20, 2011 02:48PM

as long as we can still get griffen or barkley in the draft, and keep moore next year, I am happy with how everythings been playing out. will be very unhappy if next year we have sporano, ireland, and a lineman in the first round, with henne and moore battling it out for the starting QB.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 20, 2011 02:58PM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh BooHoo, the Dolphins are winning, woe is me.
> Two of the three teams that the Phins beat had
> winning records, not an insignificant feat in
> today's NFL.
> Give me a win on Thursday and make this "Suck for
> Whoever" go away.

I agree Hooligan2

And in addition, they are forgetting about the close games we played. Here are our seven losses.

Mon Sep 12 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS L 24-38
Sun Sep 18 HOUSTON TEXANS L 13-23
Sun Sep 25 at Cleveland Browns L 16-17
Sun Oct 02 at San Diego Chargers L 16-26
Oct 17 at New York Jets L 6-24
Sun Oct 23 DENVER BRONCOS L 15-18
Sun Oct 30 at New York Giants L 17-20

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: November 20, 2011 04:03PM

(R/J)ay Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Another guy who is thrilled to be 3-7 chimes in.

another guy who is happy to see there team go on a 3 game winning streak chime in... sorry if we are winning to much to get your beloved andrew luck, i mean i know he is the best in the past 25 years and will single handedly turn around this franchise with his popgun arm and grizzly face, lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How is Andrew luck the best QB in the past 25 years when he is not even the best qb in this years draft!

Date: November 20, 2011 07:57PM

He's no Cleo Lemon, that's for sure.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: November 20, 2011 11:11PM

I'm usually inclined to be optimistic, but this time I agree with JAY. Still not impressed by this team, not at all. If we win on turkey day however, I will start feeling a bit more relieved.

There is a big difference from this game and the KC game for me---this time I want us to win!! I do like what I see out of Moore, and plus I hate Dallas.

Date: November 21, 2011 02:49AM

you all will be Very very sorry next season............

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: November 21, 2011 03:40AM

I'm thrilled with a 3 game winning streak. Makes my sunday much more enjoyable.

It still doesn't change the fact that we opened with 7 straight losses and that we still need a franchise qb and a new coaching staff and front office.

You need to look no further than across the ball yesterday to see what a kneejerk decision to extend a hot qb gets you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.